2016 Application Watch - post your 2016 timelines here

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 2

Re: 2016 Application Watch - post your 2016 timelines here

Post by ScottDLS »

OkieBrian wrote:
Weg wrote:Renewal time line ( 2nd renewal for me) :

May 20th : Completed online application.

June 20th : Received new license in the mail.
Amazing. Tomorrow is 60 calendar days on my renewal. I'll hit the 45 business day statue on Friday.
There's no 45 business day statute. That's just something RSD made up... :rules:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Jltx77
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jltx77 »

Application 5/11
Class 5/14
Fingerprints 5/17
Confirmation email 5/19
Status change 6/17
Plastic in hand 6/20.

:txflag: love Texas.

USAFTS
Posts in topic: 24

Post by USAFTS »

OkieBrian wrote:

Amazing. Tomorrow is 60 calendar days on my renewal. I'll hit the 45 business day statue on Friday.
I cannot find anywhere in the renewal statute that specifies 45 "business days". It only says by the 45th day. My 45 "business days" are long expired and I am sneaking up on 75 calendar days. I'm beginning to smell a rat.

OkieBrian
Posts in topic: 11

Post by OkieBrian »

USAFTS wrote:
OkieBrian wrote:

I cannot find anywhere in the renewal statute that specifies 45 "business days". It only says by the 45th day. My 45 "business days" are long expired and I am sneaking up on 75 calendar days. I'm beginning to smell a rat.
I haven't looked at the statue but when you talk to them they will definitely say "business" days. Have you called them to remind them they are beyond the statutory limit? Since I'm not a resident anymore I don't have any state rep to call for help. I do have a friend that her dad is a state rep and I plan on asking her for help if I go beyond 45 days.

KnickerBocker
Posts in topic: 1

Post by KnickerBocker »

I'm a bit aggrevated I completed my paperwork including sending chl100 in January. It's June now and I called 2 weeks ago, they said wait two more weeks so I called today and the lady said my bg check is still in progress. What can I do?

USAFTS

Post by USAFTS »

OkieBrian wrote:
USAFTS wrote:
OkieBrian wrote:

I haven't looked at the statue but when you talk to them they will definitely say "business" days. Have you called them to remind them they are beyond the statutory limit? Since I'm not a resident anymore I don't have any state rep to call for help. I do have a friend that her dad is a state rep and I plan on asking her for help if I go beyond 45 days.
I've spoken with them several times and have heard every excuse. They even told me that the 45 business days for a renewal is just an estimate... they are very busy. I am in contact with my rep but seem to be getting ignored on that front as well. I'm not sure how some first timers have received their plastic in just over 3 weeks and my renewal is at 75 days. We shall see. I hope I don't need to be the "squeaky wheel" but my Constitutionally guaranteed right is going to get some grease and soon.

USAFTS

Post by USAFTS »

KnickerBocker wrote:I'm a bit aggrevated I completed my paperwork including sending chl100 in January. It's June now and I called 2 weeks ago, they said wait two more weeks so I called today and the lady said my bg check is still in progress. What can I do?
Unacceptable. I would be on the phone! Hope it gets figured out.

OkieBrian
Posts in topic: 11

Post by OkieBrian »

USAFTS wrote:
OkieBrian wrote:
USAFTS wrote:
OkieBrian wrote:

I've spoken with them several times and have heard every excuse. They even told me that the 45 business days for a renewal is just an estimate... they are very busy. I am in contact with my rep but seem to be getting ignored on that front as well. I'm not sure how some first timers have received their plastic in just over 3 weeks and my renewal is at 75 days. We shall see. I hope I don't need to be the "squeaky wheel" but my Constitutionally guaranteed right is going to get some grease and soon.
I hear you. I've seen other renewals with similar turnaround.

hbar21
Posts in topic: 4

Post by hbar21 »

First post.

Class 6/18
Application 6/20 (didn't realize I could have done this ahead of taking the class)
Fingerprints 6/22
CHL-100 submitted online 6/23
Confirmation email 6/23
Status changed to "Print Pending" <= 7/5 (thought it was too soon to check daily)
In the mail ===> 7/6

And now we wait. Wife has everything submitted same as above, but will do prints on 6/24. Will be interested to see the difference in wait times.
Last edited by hbar21 on Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

USAFTS

Post by USAFTS »

hbar21 wrote:First post.

Class 6/18
Application 6/20 (didn't realize I could have done this ahead of taking the class)
Fingerprints 6/22
Confirmation email 6/23

And now we wait. Wife has everything submitted same as above, but will do prints on 6/24. Will be interested to see the difference in wait times.
Just make sure EVERYTHING that is required, is sent. If they receive an incomplete application, the statute gives them 6 months to get to you. I took pictures of my entire package, kept all documentation and emails and even photos of the postmark when all was sent. They only like the parts of the statute that benefit them.

hbar21
Posts in topic: 4

Post by hbar21 »

USAFTS wrote:

Class 6/18
Fingerprints 6/22
Confirmation email 6/23

Just make sure EVERYTHING that is required, is sent. If they receive an incomplete application, the statute gives them 6 months to get to you. I took pictures of my entire package, kept all documentation and emails and even photos of the postmark when all was sent. They only like the parts of the statute that benefit them.
Fair enough. What else is there?
Completed & signed CHL-100 ==> e-submitted (recieved confirmation)
Fingerprints done at IdentoGO, they submit.
Application completed online (received confirmation)

USAFTS

Post by USAFTS »

hbar21 wrote:
USAFTS wrote:

Class 6/18
Fingerprints 6/22
Confirmation email 6/23

Fair enough. What else is there?
Completed & signed CHL-100 ==> e-submitted (recieved confirmation)
Fingerprints done at IdentoGO, they submit.
Application completed online (received confirmation)
Looks like you are good to go (Unless you applied as a Veteran as your DD-214 would need to be sent) Good luck!

Cope3081
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Cope3081 »

For those who have posted timelines and have plastic in hand, congratulations! My question is, are the timelines measured in business days or calendar days?

Mine, all docs in and confirmed 18--June-2016
First time, not renewal.

Thank you in advance.

USAFTS

Post by USAFTS »

Cope3081 wrote:For those who have posted timelines and have plastic in hand, congratulations! My question is, are the timelines measured in business days or calendar days?

Mine, all docs in and confirmed 18--June-2016
First time, not renewal.

Thank you in advance.
The statute says by the 45th and 60th day not business days but the state employees will tell you "business days" and that its "just an estimate.". (Really said that to me) I'm pretty sure they will do whatever they want in whatever timeframe they choose. It IS Austin after all. Good luck.

Life
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Life »

Another new noon the the forum here!

Class: 6/18/16
Application: 6/23/16
Fingerprints: 6/23/16
Uploaded CHL 100 & DD-214 to RDS: 6/23/16
Received email confirmation of receipt: 6/23/16
Status Changed:
Plastic Received: