Giving Blood

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Giving Blood

Post by RPBrown »

Where did you see one of their buses that was posted?
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

John Galt
Posts in topic: 3

Post by John Galt »

labrat1001001 wrote:It appears to be the case that Carter Blood Care store fronts and mobile buses have posted 30.06 and 30.07 signs. Is there a blood bank in the Frisco/Plano/Richardson area that has not posted 30.06?
I asked them if blood theft was a real problem there.

MikeyJ

Post by MikeyJ »

If you happen to pass out while you're giving blood, how do you maintain control of your weapon?

Javier730

Post by Javier730 »

MikeyJ wrote:If you happen to pass out while you're giving blood, how do you maintain control of your weapon?
If someone sucker punches you and knocks you unconscious, how would you maintain control of your weapon?
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

MikeyJ

Post by MikeyJ »

Javier730 wrote:
MikeyJ wrote:If you happen to pass out while you're giving blood, how do you maintain control of your weapon?
If someone sucker punches you and knocks you unconscious, how would you maintain control of your weapon?
If you're maintaining situational awareness, how did you get into the position of being sucker punched?

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPBrown »

labrat1001001 wrote:
RPBrown wrote:Where did you see one of their buses that was posted?
I only saw signs posted at their Plano office (Parker and Ohio). I called their main number yesterday and was told all offices and buses are posted.
I gave blood this past weekend at the gun show at Market Hall and that bus was not posted.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Javier730

Post by Javier730 »

MikeyJ wrote:
Javier730 wrote:
If you're maintaining situational awareness, how did you get into the position of being sucker punched?
Your not spider man. At least I dont I dont think you are. :lol: You arent 100% aware of everthing that is going around you 100% of the time.

My point was that one should not have to disarm because it is possible that you lose consciousness somehow.
― Horace Mann

MeMelYup
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MeMelYup »

Javier730 wrote:
MikeyJ wrote:
Javier730 wrote:
Your not spider man. At least I dont I dont think you are. :lol: You arent 100% aware of everthing that is going around you 100% of the time.

My point was that one should not have to disarm because it is possible that you lose consciousness somehow.
:iagree:

MikeyJ

Post by MikeyJ »

Javier730 wrote:
MikeyJ wrote:
Javier730 wrote:

Agreed as to the 100% sit awareness. But if you pass out, it's left to the blood bank staff to not only look after you, but figure out what to do (or not do) with a weapon.

Javier730

Post by Javier730 »

MikeyJ wrote:
Javier730 wrote:
MikeyJ wrote:
Javier730 wrote:

Agreed as to the 100% sit awareness. But if you pass out, it's left to the blood bank staff to not only look after you, but figure out what to do (or not do) with a weapon.
Same if you slip and go lights out at Lowes, go unconscious after a wreck, faint anywhere because of a medical condition, etc. Someone else will possibly find out your carrying and will have to figure out what to do or not to do with your firearm.

Again, people should not have to disarm because it is possible that they lose consciousness somehow.
― Horace Mann

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

RPBrown wrote: I gave blood this past weekend at the gun show at Market Hall and that bus was not posted.
I wondered about whether they could post the bus, parked on someone else's property. I assume that we are talking about Carter BC. I have posed the question (was the bus posted?) to several who gave blood and have never gotten an affirmative answer. They are within their legal rights to post store fronts. I don't see how that they could go into a church, for example, and even put up temporary signs or drive onto a parking lot which might not even be owned by the same company as the surrounding stores and put up a sign on their bus. Assuming those are all valid assumptions, them posting their store fronts falls well short of "protecting" a lot of what they do.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Post by C-dub »

They could post the coaches. They own them and they are their property. If they did, they would only apply to the coach and not to whoever's property they were parked on.

The last I had heard form several Carter employees is that they chose not to because the signs were too big to carry around with them on the coaches.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “Off-Topic”