Fort Worth Botanic Gardens

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
IllogicalRaccoon
Posts in topic: 2

Fort Worth Botanic Gardens

Post by IllogicalRaccoon »

Anyone know if there are signs posted at this place? I have never been, and I'm going to concerts in the garden this evening. Thanks!

JCole
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Fort Worth Botanic Gardens

Post by JCole »

It's not posted.

Pinkycatcher

Post by Pinkycatcher »

Publically owned if I'm not mistaken

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Pinkycatcher wrote:Publically owned if I'm not mistaken
Yes, it's owned by the city of F.W. Racoon, you'll love it. I used to take every girl I was dating there many years ago. It's a great place to go and just commune with nature. :thumbs2: :thumbs2:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

Topic author
IllogicalRaccoon

Post by IllogicalRaccoon »

Thanks guys. I didn't get a chance to check this so I left my firearm in my vehicle. They have a sign, but it's not 30.06, it just says "No firearms [etc]" in the concert area. It was a great time, and I know for next time. I took the gf and her little sister and definitely got some brownie points ;)

Deltaboy

Post by Deltaboy »

It is not properly marked just like the new FW museum of Science and History. Carry away! :txflag: :thewave
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

Halon128

Post by Halon128 »

Just attended a concert in the gardens tonight. They had 30.06 and 30.07 signs posted.

Glockster

Post by Glockster »

It looks to me that they are a part of the City of Fort Worth as their contact emails are for the City, their employment page takes you to the City job postings, and the booking information is for the City. And in their filing for National Register for Historic Place they indicate that they are owned by the City: https://www.nps.gov/nr/feature/landscap ... Garden.pdf

So, they should be reported as they aren't allowed to post from what I can see.
NRA Life Member
My State Rep Hubert won't tell me his position on HB560. How about yours?

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

http://www.fwbg.org/
3220 Botanic Garden Blvd

TAD.org says the property is owned by the City of FW.
http://tad.org/search-by-property-locat ... artmentCd=

My understanding of TX law is that a City-owned location cannot be enforcibly posted 30.06 or 30.07.
This is just my OPINION. Not legal advice.

I would not hesitate to carry (concealed) there, assuming the location is the same as the one I've looked up. YMMV.

I suggest submitting the violation to the AG's office through the proper process.
ETA: before filing with the AG, you need to send a complaint to the entity (in this case FWBG) directly and give them 3 business days to remedy.
https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/apps/3006/
FWBG.jpg
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

FJRider

Post by FJRider »

I went to the 4th of July concert and it was posted. I took Video and Picture of the Signs. In truth the posting besides the fact that it was on city land it was also about 6 feet to the right and left of center and when the main crowd was let in if you where not really looking for it than it would have been missed. I talked to a representative from the gardens and they made the excuse that it is up to the symphony and shrugged their shoulders when I showed them print outs of the law and the tax records. My son had gotten to the entrance before I left the car so I left my carry in the car. In the end I knew the 2 cops there and they both asked why I did that and said that they would have preferred it on my hip and not in the parking lot. I will work on a complaint but would like to talk to Charles about it if he has the time. The city manager has decided that instead of being proactive that they are going to deal with each one AFTER a complaint is made and not until they get a complaint. Once they get a complaint they will act so that it does not go to the AG but not until than. It seems like at some point if they do not put it in the contracts and give a formal notice than we should be able to hold the city and the city manager accountable for ensuring that the law is adhered to in the city of Fort Worth. The LEOs that I talked to say that the city manager is known for playing it very loose with the law and only acting when a gun is held to his head so to say. I did find one woman that had been a long time volunteer and attends the board meetings. She has just received her permit and was not aware of the law. When I showed her the laws and tax records she was surprised and asked if she could have them as she was going to take them to the board of the gardens.

FJRider

Post by FJRider »

Halon128 wrote:Just attended a concert in the gardens tonight. They had 30.06 and 30.07 signs posted.
Did you report it to the city? IF you did than we can take my pictures and show the AG that they are not acting on it.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”