"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

K9Texas
Posts in topic: 2

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by K9Texas »

[quote="Geoleo3"]:cheers2: Ill make sure i dont get pulled over during that time! But the process is pretty quick right? Just change online and the new card with new address is sent within a week or two? Getting the DL changed will probably be a bigger pain lol

Don´t get into a twist about the change of address. It is no different than your drivers license. As long as you SUBMIT the change to DPS within the time frame designated by law, you will be fine. Change it at the same time you change your DL. You will have a PAPER drivers license with your new address which would show any law enforcement officer that you just moved. :rules:
:patriot: God Bless These United States of America :patriot:

Powell97
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Powell97 »

Plastic in hand today!!! :woohoo 24 days since all in. Time for my wally walk...
Online Application- 5-3, CHL Class- 5-14, Fingerprinted- 5-16, Confirmation Email 5-16, Status Change-6-7 Plastic in Hand-???

Geoleo3
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Geoleo3 »

K9Texas wrote:
Geoleo3 wrote::cheers2: Ill make sure i dont get pulled over during that time! But the process is pretty quick right? Just change online and the new card with new address is sent within a week or two? Getting the DL changed will probably be a bigger pain lol

Don´t get into a twist about the change of address. It is no different than your drivers license. As long as you SUBMIT the change to DPS within the time frame designated by law, you will be fine. Change it at the same time you change your DL. You will have a PAPER drivers license with your new address which would show any law enforcement officer that you just moved. :rules:
Three days since they approved my application and still no plastic. Seems like everyone got theirs the very next day. Is something wrong? :mad5

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Flightmare »

Geoleo3 wrote:
K9Texas wrote:
Geoleo3 wrote::cheers2: Ill make sure i dont get pulled over during that time! But the process is pretty quick right? Just change online and the new card with new address is sent within a week or two? Getting the DL changed will probably be a bigger pain lol

Three days since they approved my application and still no plastic. Seems like everyone got theirs the very next day. Is something wrong? :mad5
A buddy of mine was told last week he was approved and being sent to print. His status changed Wednesday 6/8, and his plastic arrived Thursday 6/9.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

tovaris
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tovaris »

I'm new here but wanted to share some advise. When applying for the LTC use the online application and NOT the US Postal. I applied via mail about 60 days ago and only recently received my finger print number to schedule my appointment. I called to complain and was told that they have 6 additional weeks to start processing the application versus online. I don't know if that's true but it certainly slowed my process time down.

dbmet
Posts in topic: 16

Post by dbmet »

Online Application: Feb 2
All in: Feb 10
Confirmation email: Feb 10
In the system (per rep): Feb 10

Received Medical Advisory Forms : May 6
Returned Medical Advisory Forms Forms via mail: May 9
Approved by Medical Advisory Board: May 26

License Sent to Print : 6/2/16
Status Change: 6/8/16
Plastic in Hand: 6/10/16

And I'm outta here but not really cause I like checking in and I've been here a while. Lol
dbmet wrote:Online Application: Feb 2

Plastic in Hand: TBD

brooklyn
Posts in topic: 30

Post by brooklyn »

And I'm outta here but not really cause I like checking in and I've been here a while. Lol

dbmet, I have been hanging around waiting to see when you got your plastic. Good to see it happen for one of the last "old-timers." Be good and be safe.

dbmet
Posts in topic: 16

Post by dbmet »

@brooklyn. Thanks Have a great Weekend!!

brooklyn wrote:

dbmet, I have been hanging around waiting to see when you got your plastic. Good to see it happen for one of the last "old-timers." Be good and be safe.

LTCTLB
Posts in topic: 15

Post by LTCTLB »

LTCTLB wrote:
pushpullpete wrote:
LTCTLB wrote:Just received an email from RSD stating,
"Our records indicate we have received your fingerprints and your application is processing. We appreciate your understanding and patience. This can take up to eight (8) business weeks to complete once your application is submitted and all documents are received."

Would this mean my original email from them stating up to six weeks is now reset to eight more weeks? I sure hope not.

Sorry, probably. Their original six wk time frame was once everything was received and now possibly more like "We're so hammered with applications and people are now starting to take summer vaction time w/their families ...... Either way it is now happening, use this time to train and prepare, then enjoy!
I went ahead and called. The gentleman was very polite and explained that I had been approved and should receive it within 14 days.
Status changed today (6/11) 30 days from all in.
LTC training: 1/30/16; Application (online): 5/10; Fingerprints: 5/11; CHL100 submitted (online): 5/11; All docs received email from RSD: 5/12; Status change: 6/11; Plastic in hand: 6/13/16

Morbidrealities
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Morbidrealities »

Class: 6/11
Application: 6/12
DD214 and LTC100 Docs submitted: 6/12
Fingerprint: 6/13 Appointment
Fingerprint Receipt: 6/13
Status Update: Unknown
Plastic: Unknown
Last edited by Morbidrealities on Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bdgyeah
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bdgyeah »

CHL Timeline:
Completed online application: 6/6/2016
Confirmation e-mail: 6/6/2016
CHL class: 6/5/2016
Finger Printed: 6/9/2016
E-mailed all documents: CHL 100, DD 214, DPS Bar Code/Checklist, Receipt from Identogo, 6/9/2016
Packet received at DPS: 6/9/2016
Current Status:
:txflag:

LTCTLB
Posts in topic: 15

Post by LTCTLB »

LTCTLB wrote:
LTCTLB wrote:
pushpullpete wrote:
LTCTLB wrote:Just received an email from RSD stating,
"Our records indicate we have received your fingerprints and your application is processing. We appreciate your understanding and patience. This can take up to eight (8) business weeks to complete once your application is submitted and all documents are received."

Would this mean my original email from them stating up to six weeks is now reset to eight more weeks? I sure hope not.

Sorry, probably. Their original six wk time frame was once everything was received and now possibly more like "We're so hammered with applications and people are now starting to take summer vaction time w/their families ...... Either way it is now happening, use this time to train and prepare, then enjoy!
I went ahead and called. The gentleman was very polite and explained that I had been approved and should receive it within 14 days.
Status changed today (6/11) 30 days from all in.
Finally...plastic in hand on 6/13. Wally walk anyone?
LTC training: 1/30/16; Application (online): 5/10; Fingerprints: 5/11; CHL100 submitted (online): 5/11; All docs received email from RSD: 5/12; Status change: 6/11; Plastic in hand: 6/13/16

pushpullpete
Posts in topic: 6

Post by pushpullpete »

Congrats. Be safe.

budabagger
Posts in topic: 5

Post by budabagger »

Day 60 for me since all in, still no change... Someone needs to get to work on mine... :smash:

Jltx77
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jltx77 »

My time has come to an end in the waiting room. Status change today. Now my sights on the mailman.

Application 5/11
LTC class 5/14
Finger prints 5/17.
All in confirmation email 5/19

:hurry: :anamatedbanana :patriot: :woohoo :txflag: :fire :fire

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”