Big Brother isn't real, you're just paranoid

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Big Brother isn't real, you're just paranoid

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Just saw this on a completely unrelated twitter feed:

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2016/0 ... e-bay-area
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Pawpaw

Re: Big Brother isn't real, you're just paranoid

Post by Pawpaw »

Just because you think they're out to get you doesn't mean they're not.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

I'm trying real hard to follow the double negatives there, but it's Friday.

Just because they're out to get someone else doesn't mean they won't take an interest in you...?
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

No. It means when you run into someone who is thinks "they're out to get me", that, in and of itself, does not mean they're wrong.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Pawpaw wrote:No. It means when you run into someone who is thinks "they're out to get me", that, in and of itself, does not mean they're wrong.
Exactly. And the way to neuter it is to be very obvious and comical about the fact that you believe you're being spied on - with exaggerated statements, winks, nods, jokes, stuff like that......

"So Joe, as I was saying [aside: IN CASE ANYONE AT NSA IS LISTENING], yada yada yada........."
"So I had a ton of ammonium nitrate and 200 gallons of diesel oil delivered out to the farm yesterday........TO FERTILIZE MY CORN CROP AND POWER MY TRACTOR, IN CASE THE GOV'T IS LISTENING....."

Etc., etc., etc.

Actually, I WAS KIDDING, IN CASE THE GOV'T IS READING THIS......... :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

GASP!! You mean the government is spying on people, by listening to their conversation?? I don't believe it! Next your going to tell me they monitor e-mails, have cameras on street corners, put people on a terrorist watch lists, and have satellites circling the earth that can see us down here. At least they are not trying to take away our guns. ( where is that sarcasm emoji?)
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:Just saw this on a completely unrelated twitter feed:

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2016/0 ... e-bay-area
"Harp says that if you’re going to conduct criminal activity, do it in the privacy of your own home. He says that was the original intention of the Fourth Amendment..."

Who knew the framers had this in mind? :lol: "Hey guys wait 'til we get home to talk about that thing at the Boston docks"
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

BurtG

Post by BurtG »

And big brother doesn't watch forums, Face Book, and other social media either. :lol:

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

You know, if folks would simply follow Harp's rule of conducting criminal activity in the privacy of their own homes, most of us wouldn't ever have to worry about violence being done to us or ours... He might have been onto something if not for the fact that the world doesn't live by such rules just because they sound nice, and that evil exists in the hearts of men. I guess there is a certain part of the population that will always be tilting at windmills while others prepare to meet each day.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Return to “Off-Topic”