Post pictures of your Reloading Setup

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
k5dmb
Posts in topic: 1

Post pictures of your Reloading Setup

Post by k5dmb »

I don't see a topic for posting pics of our reloading stations; longtooth suggested it in response to my Introduce Myself posting...

I think it's a great idea.

Let's see where we're spending our time :lol:

Here's a view of my old office desk. Back when a desk was a desk.
and more;

I keep all the unsorted brass, lead and scrap brass below

My new Lyman T-Mag (hey, I needed more die space)
The little notebooks in the back represent purchase records for, and reloading specs for each caliber.

Then there's my old Lyman Spar-T

Sorted brass is below in the bookshelf as well as powder, primers, and all the other assorted bits and pieces.
David
NRA Life Member
Semper Fi

gregthehand

Post by gregthehand »

I guess this goes into that apartment reloading subject too!

My posts on this website are worth every cent you paid me for them.

jrosto

Post by jrosto »

Small footprint but heavy and large enough for my needs.
"No arsenal or no weapon in the arsenals of the world is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women." Ronald Reagan

jhutto

Post by jhutto »

My reloading bench, and my 1911. It is a computer repair table I picked up used for 35.00!

Smokewagon

Post by Smokewagon »

Nice Dillon setup, gregthehand. You guys embarass me. Mine is in my barn/doghouse if you know what I mean. :grin:
Texas friendly, spoken here.

longtooth
Posts in topic: 2

Post by longtooth »

Mine is too Smokewagon.
Your barn doghouse is bigger than my 6x10.
When you load alone though it dont take a lot of room.
Wife is back & I will get pics as soon as we get a new battery for the C.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

Here's mine. (Finally.) It's set up in the utility/cats' room.

"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Marty

Post by Marty »

30+ years of reloading, and this is still all I need...

Where's the coffee?

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

I hope this may help you that are getting started. A lot of room is not necessary. As Marty showed above, the actual loading work space does not require much room. I have shown my whole room but the storage shelves can be anywhere.
My whole gun room, hide out, & sanctuary from wall to wall is 5'6" X 9'4".
That room is for everything except the resting place for the guns themselves. Contains brass, all loading components, targets, loaded ammo, (in military cans & coffee cans on floor) cleaning supplies, tools, trash box, range bags & more.
My actual space I use for loading is 35" wide. In that space there are 2 single stage RCBS Rockchucker presses, powder despenser, & scales. That is a large enough "BENCH" to do the loading. It is 24" deep & that give plenty of room for dies. My actual loading space is the 35" wide by 24" deep. Everything else can be stored in a storage building, on garage shelves, in a hall closet, or under the bed if necessary & brought out to do when needed.

The wide view. This is actually wall to wall. Components to the left. Much empty space since I just finishe loading 5,000 rds of .45s. You can store a LOT of loading components in a small area. In a box under the bed if you are starting & really dont have much space.
Middle shelf & wall is tumbler & separated brass in plastic coffee cans. A very renewable resourse around my house. But I remember when I started I had to put brass in grocery sacks, shoe boxes, & the only empty metal coffee can I had. Start w/ what you have, learn what you like, & start to save your renewable resourse w/o buying stuff. Very top is old gun boxes, targets, containers,....

Back wall of room is work & cleaning shelf. Plastic tool box to the right is cleaning kit, supplies, & tools. I can grab it as I head to the range. Under shelf is loaded ammo in peanut butter jars. Another VERY renewable resourse at my house. :lol: Some factory ammo on the right.
For new shooters or old timers who must be careful w/ $$$s. Hanging on the left hand wall is a silouette pattern. Walmart meat boxes are excellent stock to "cut your own." The thick ring is cut out so the inside is the 5 & the space between is the 4 on the B27 target you used in you proficiency shooting test on the range at your CHL class & outside that is 3 points. Once you make your pattern & cut the ring out targets are easy & FREE. When I cut targets I do about one a minute. They cost a dollar or more. I figure I am worth $60.00 an hr that way. :hurry: Just no real market for the skill. :cry:
I cut mine w/ a SHARP pocket knife. Be careful. You may want to get a pair of the real heave duty sissors. Dont cut yourself.
Shelf above is more targets & storage.

For new reloaders. This did not come together in 3 days for me. Yours wont either. I do hope it can help give an idea of how you want to set yours up. When I started loading some 35+ yrs ago all the "storage shelves" were in this closet floor, under the bed, on that top shelf of lennin cabinet because the wife could not reach that high. Where ever I had 2 square feet I could use w/o desturbing the household. :shock:

While preparing to take these I uncovered 2 scales I forgot I had. A Redding Master & a RCBS 5-10. They are both set up on the middle shelf of the middle picture. At present they are offered to a new loader that is setting up now. If after a while they are still here, those of you who are starting as I did & getting something here & trading for something there may be interested. They are doing me no good so I will be pretty easy trade with or sell for a good starter price.
Hope this has helped.
Good loading, & stay aware in here too.
LT.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

AggieMM

Post by AggieMM »

Well, I'm "new" to reloading, so I have a lot do to catch up to all of you. But here is my start. :grin:

click to see full size image

Ryan

1911jerry

Post by 1911jerry »

bad link, sorry
Last edited by 1911jerry on Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Houston1944

Post by Houston1944 »

I know how to make bullets but I am not sure I know how to post pictures. If this works then below is my setup. That's a XL650 in the middle with a Rockchucker on the right and a Redding T7 on the left.

age_ranger

Post by age_ranger »

Just finished off my reloading setup and I'm rockin' along with it!! Not as fast as some progressive reloading setups, but I can crank about 150 rounds an hour when I get going. Not shabby for just me, but I might get a progressive in the near future. Sometimes I'm short on time and could really use a faster setup. So, for now, here it is:

Lee Classic 4 turret press $79
Lee 9mm delux 4 die set $25
RCBS 750 digital scale $95
LEE powder disk kit $30
Lyman tumbler $49
Lyman media for tumbler $11
Kinetic bullet puller $12
deburring tool $8
Dial Calipers (had already) -0-
nice wooden top workbench $199
-----------------------------------

Total $508

http://www.berettaforum.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just remember: Your very best thinking got you where you are now!!!

1911jerry

Reloading area

Post by 1911jerry »

I built the original bench for one press and a little room for tinkering. I got serious about competition shooting and bought anthoer press. So, I transferred over the second press onto the original bench and built a work station area for gunsmithing. Fits my needs.

JS

Return to “Reloading Forum”