"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

mikezee1970
Posts in topic: 53

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by mikezee1970 »

dbmet wrote:
dbmet wrote:Application: Feb 2
All in: Feb 10
Confirmation email: Feb 10
In the system (per rep): Didn't call
Status Change: TBD
Plastic in Hand: TBD

I have emailed. I haven't called and maybe someday I will. Until then I'll just keep this waiting room seat warm.

Still waiting. Lol. Boring.
Boring, yes. Waiting, yes. Be patient. Trust me, those of us who have been waiting longer know. Some of us have gotten our plastic fast, but that's not the norm (even though it should be). In fact, it's kinda abnormal.

Take your time and enjoy this forum and have fun with it. It's helped me to pass time and keep my mind off of how long its taken.

dbmet
Posts in topic: 16

Post by dbmet »

Yup. Hope yours comes in the mail today. The forum keeps me sane. Lol
mikezee1970 wrote:
dbmet wrote:
dbmet wrote:Application: Feb 2
All in: Feb 10
Confirmation email: Feb 10
In the system (per rep): Didn't call
Status Change: TBD
Plastic in Hand: TBD

I have emailed. I haven't called and maybe someday I will. Until then I'll just keep this waiting room seat warm.

Still waiting. Lol. Boring.
Boring, yes. Waiting, yes. Be patient. Trust me, those of us who have been waiting longer know. Some of us have gotten our plastic fast, but that's not the norm (even though it should be). In fact, it's kinda abnormal.

Take your time and enjoy this forum and have fun with it. It's helped me to pass time and keep my mind off of how long its taken.

SplittinHairs
Posts in topic: 40

Post by SplittinHairs »

Here's to hoping that Mikezee, myself, and everyone else waiting for the post office will receive our LTCs today! I have a Walmart, Kroger, Academy, HEB, Target and multiple gun shops/ranges that need walkin'. :patriot:

Unfortunately, it's been raining nonstop here for the last week and I wasn't really wanting to go walkin' out in the rain. :nono:

mouse52
Posts in topic: 11

Post by mouse52 »

I haven't called either just looking at web and wondering, got the same email last week got hopes up but nothing yet. Best to all. Mike
Semper Fi and carry on. :patriot:

aCoffeejunky
Posts in topic: 5

Post by aCoffeejunky »

Update: After having all of my documents in on January 28th I still hadn't received my LTC. I emailed and called about a half a dozen times. I got a reply on Friday that said my CHL100 was "too dark to read" and asked that I resubmit it. Mind you...they never mailed anything to me stating there was an issue, which I thought was standard practice. I resent the CHL100 and now am told I am looking at 6 weeks from this past Friday. :grumble :banghead: A few friends who had submitted their documents around the same time I did are having the exact same issue, and they weren't notified via snail mail either.

*moves to the back of the line*

RamIt2014

Post by RamIt2014 »

My all in was 2-16-16. Called this morning, and they said I was approved. Allow 7-10 days for them to come in the mail. Still no status change though. We shall see....

zencurry
Posts in topic: 27

Post by zencurry »

I got a call three weeks ago saying that I was approved and off to printing. Three weeks later, after no status change and no CHL in the mail, I called in to see what was going on. I was told by the nice lady that I was still under review--that I had not cleared my background check. Apparently the person who called me and said I was approved, did not update my application because there is no notation of our conversation having occurred--nothing.

I do not even know how to respond to this. However, I will say to you all that if you get a call from the DPS:

1. Get the Technician's Name
2. Get their phone number and 5 digit extension

In this way, you might be able to get back to the person/technician who told you you were approved--otherwise, like me who dropped the ball on this--you will be out of luck.

I am thinking that this has been a huge waste of time, effort and not too mention money.

Zencurry

Matt1234

Post by Matt1234 »

All In 2/8/2016

Website Update 4/29/2016

Plastic in hand 5/2/2016 :patriot:

Don''t worry I am not going anywhere. I really like this site and I plan on staying awhile. :tiphat:

somewhereinhouston
Posts in topic: 4

Post by somewhereinhouston »

Updated Status
All in: Jan 30
Confirmtion email: Jan 30
Status Change: 4/28
Email Received stating printed and mail on 4/28.

License In Hand - Soon?

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

somewhereinhouston wrote:Updated Status
All in: Jan 30
Confirmtion email: Jan 30
Status Change: 4/28
Email Received stating printed and mail on 4/28.

License In Hand - Soon?
If I were a betting man, I would guess you may see it today or tomorrow. Just guessing on my part.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Haas
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Haas »

My seat is open.

Mailed everything : 3/16
Site changed: 4/27
In hand: 5/2

See everyone in the general posts.

Last edited by Haas on Mon May 02, 2016 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:txflag: I love this place

SplittinHairs

Post by SplittinHairs »

The only email I got was the same one I had gotten before talking about how overwhelmed the LTC office was. I never got anything about it being sent, nor did my dad before he got his. I guess it is hit or miss there.

SplittinHairs

Post by SplittinHairs »

SplittinHairs wrote:Well I had a timeline posted somewhere but now I can't find it.

Class taken, CHL-100 obtained: 12/30/15
Fingerprinted: 1/19/16
Docs uploaded: 1/20/16
Confirmation received: 1/21/16 (although an email reply told me my docs were received on 1/20 which means 1/20 is my actual "received" date, adds one day to total wait time).
Website Change: 4/29/16.
PIH: THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!!!! 5/2/16!!!
Total days: 102

Now off to join the ranks of legally armed citizens! Unfortunately my Academy walk will have to wait until tomorrow. But the important thing is... IT CAME!!!! I still can't believe it!!! :anamatedbanana :patriot: :rolll :thumbs2: :anamatedbanana :thewave

Well, guys... it's been a literal blast! Thanks for putting up with me. I now offer my seat up to the next person and wish you all the best of luck! :tiphat:

:txflag: :fire :fire

mikezee1970
Posts in topic: 53

Post by mikezee1970 »

Looks like everyone is getting their plastic!!! Count me in as well!!! Rx'ed today, 5/2/16.

Total calendar days: 92.

Congrats to all!!

I'll be lingering around just to see when folks get their plastic, but I probably won't be on too long after. I'll be too busy strolling my local wallyworld.....

Gnamaree02
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Gnamaree02 »

SplittinHairs wrote:
SplittinHairs wrote:Well I had a timeline posted somewhere but now I can't find it.

Class taken, CHL-100 obtained: 12/30/15
Fingerprinted: 1/19/16
Docs uploaded: 1/20/16
Confirmation received: 1/21/16 (although an email reply told me my docs were received on 1/20 which means 1/20 is my actual "received" date, adds one day to total wait time).
Website Change: 4/29/16.
PIH: THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!!!! 5/2/16!!!
Total days: 102

Now off to join the ranks of legally armed citizens! Unfortunately my Academy walk will have to wait until tomorrow. But the important thing is... IT CAME!!!! I still can't believe it!!! :anamatedbanana :patriot: :rolll :thumbs2: :anamatedbanana :thewave

Well, guys... it's been a literal blast! Thanks for putting up with me. I now offer my seat up to the next person and wish you all the best of luck! :tiphat:

:txflag: :fire :fire
:thewave Congrats!

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”