"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

wking
Posts in topic: 6

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by wking »

All in Feb. 4. Still waiting. Been on hold with RSD for the last 45 minutes listening to some awful music and a recording of a young woman reminding me that I can email them with questions LOL. Been there and done that … never a reply.

Government in action … got to love it.

Update: after holding for 1 hour I was disconnected. I called back and got a recording stating that 'due to unusually high call volumes we can't answer your call'.

Anybody have the Guvnor's office email address ?
Last edited by wking on Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rexmitchell
Posts in topic: 8

Post by rexmitchell »

wking wrote:All in Feb. 4. Still waiting. Been on hold with RSD for the last 45 minutes listening to some awful music and a recording of a young woman reminding me that I can email them with questions LOL. Been there and done that … never a reply.

It is odd that sometimes you are able to get a call back instead of having to wait on hold.....

wking
Posts in topic: 6

Post by wking »

I agree, that's odd. This whole process is 'odd'. There is definitely something nondeterministic about it.
Last edited by wking on Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tdd0223
Posts in topic: 4

Post by tdd0223 »

Application: 02/06/2016
Fingerprints: 02/15/2016
All-In Confirmation: 02/19/2016
In Hand: TBD

I'm joining the line-up guys... :shock:

CMOFOSHO

Post by CMOFOSHO »

State app:1/7/2016
Chl class:1/18/2016
Fingerprints:1/19/2016
Uploaded docs:1/19/2016
Confirmation:1/21/16
Website change:4/16/16
Plastic:4/20/16
:anamatedbanana

mouse52
Posts in topic: 11

Post by mouse52 »

AnnieVan wrote:
merrittj214 wrote:
AnnieVan wrote:We've been out of town, but I was able to log into my daughter's laptop today. Is this what you see when the site changes? It has links listed on the right side now.
LTC.PNG
YES! That is it! Congratulations Annie!

Feb. 14 LTC Class
Feb. 14 Online registration completed
Feb. 16 Confirmation email that supporting documents received
Feb. 23 Finger printing done and confirmed
Apr. 19 Noticed website changed
Apr. 20 It arrived today - plastic in hand!! :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana
way to go and congrats I'll still be here a while it looks like my dates aren't far from yours. Mike
Semper Fi and carry on. :patriot:

mikezee1970
Posts in topic: 53

Post by mikezee1970 »

Hmmmmm, people w/ Feb timelines getting their plastic and some even later than that. There are still many Jan folks left still waiting.

Anywho, congrats to all that are well on their way to do a WallyWalk!!!

ike2016
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ike2016 »

:banghead: Well still haven't received mine Mt status changed on 4/13 . Guess I'll call tomorrow.

houstonag

Post by houstonag »

Plastic came in the mail today! My all in date was 1/6.

So long folks! :patriot:

mikezee1970
Posts in topic: 53

Post by mikezee1970 »

houstonag wrote:Plastic came in the mail today! My all in date was 1/6.

So long folks! :patriot:
Congrats and so long!

SplittinHairs
Posts in topic: 40

Post by SplittinHairs »

wking wrote:All in Feb. 4. Still waiting. Been on hold with RSD for the last 45 minutes listening to some awful music and a recording of a young woman reminding me that I can email them with questions LOL. Been there and done that … never a reply.

Update: after holding for 1 hour I was disconnected. I called back and got a recording stating that 'due to unusually high call volumes we can't answer your call'.

Anybody have the Guvnor's office email address ?
Complain after 90 days. It's not even fair that anyone who applied in Feb should receive theirs before those of us who applied in Dec/Jan. Process is bunk and broken. The wait really makes it not even worth it. I can legally carry my gun in my car when I go places, so I've just been doing that. That's the most likely place I would need to defend myself anyway.

Marvel281
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Marvel281 »

AndyEMUSMC wrote:Good Morning all,
Been reading the forum for a long time waiting on my turn... finally decided to post my timeline

CHL Class: 1/24
Fingerprints 1/25
Documents submitted 1/25
Email Receipt Conformation 1/25
Long Wait...
Email State Rep 4/14 *Got an immediate response from his office
Phone call from Austin 10 minutes ago telling me that my license has been approved and to allow 7-10 days for delivery!
Still no status change on the website

Long live the squeaky wheel
I have a similar story. I guess we can just keep on taking up room on the bench waiting some more.

Nternetxplorer
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Nternetxplorer »

TeachMan2016 wrote:
Nternetxplorer wrote:
Nternetxplorer wrote:Application: 02/17/2016
Fingerprints: 02/24/2016
All-In Confirmation: 02/24/2016
In Hand: TBD
I'm a little impatient so I contacted my State Senator and this is my response. Hopefully, this will give me some peace of mind.

UPDATE:

Hi,

We are happy to help check on your LTC application and get a better picture on when you will receive your license. I just emailed our contact at the Texas Department of Public Safety and will hopefully have an answer for you this week.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

Matthew Dowling

Chief of Staff

Office of State Senator Charles Perry

Senate District 28

512-463-0128 (Office) :anamatedbanana

Exactly the same message I received from Mr. Perry's office. I did get an email back again after about 3 or so weeks. I also received a call from the DPS that same day. Not sure if it was a coincidence or if the email and them contacting the DPS did anything. In general don't get your hopes up and accept that the wait just has to happen.

Received a call this morning from a very nice gal with the Texas Department of Public Safety (512) 424-2000 stating that my application for my handgun license has been approved and is being sent to print. I should receive my license in the mail in 7-10 days. Seems like the email I sent on April 17th to my State Representative worked in my favor, as it seems with many others who went that route. I'll update again once I have it in my hand. My WallyWalk is only days away! :thewave :anamatedbanana :txflag: 'Merica

brooklyn
Posts in topic: 30

Post by brooklyn »

If any of you entered any information on your application regarding any medical issues, regardless of how inconsequential they are or were, you will need to have completed and sent to the RSD or Medical Advisory Board the following:

1. Applicant/Licensee's Medical History Form which is completed by an M.D.
2. Authorization for Release Form which is completed by the applicant

Without these completed forms, and possibly even with them, you are probably adding an addition two months to your wait. Don't ask me how I know. I got my forms after getting my State Representative involved with finding out the status of my application. :shock:

dbmet
Posts in topic: 16

Post by dbmet »

Where did you get these forms in case others need these.
D

brooklyn wrote:If any of you entered any information on your application regarding any medical issues, regardless of how inconsequential they are or were, you will need to have completed and sent to the RSD or Medical Advisory Board the following:

1. Applicant/Licensee's Medical History Form which is completed by an M.D.
2. Authorization for Release Form which is completed by the applicant

Without these completed forms, and possibly even with them, you are probably adding an addition two months to your wait. Don't ask me how I know. I got my forms after getting my State Representative involved with finding out the status of my application. :shock:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”