"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

TeachMan2016
Posts in topic: 72

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by TeachMan2016 »

meyerch5 wrote:Status change this morning.

Unless I hit my head really hard and I'm hallucinating - which is possible...

:anamatedbanana :thewave :anamatedbanana

Kenneth77
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Kenneth77 »

Called this morning and the rude lady told me it was in the background check stage but because I had one thing listed it could up four to six weeks before I hear something so I will be waiting till July more than likely
What is on mine is a DWI from about 10 years ago
leeproductsonline.com

jhaxaw
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jhaxaw »

Hang in there y'all, they are working through it. Hope to leave an open seat soon. Ready for my walk....

State app: 1/14/16
CHL class: 1/23/16
Uploaded docs: 1/25/16
Fingerprints: 1/27/16
Confirmation: 1/28/16
Website change: 4/19/16
Plastic: ?

:anamatedbanana :thewave :woohoo

Marvel281
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Marvel281 »

Emailed my senator and his aid wrote back asking for my DL. I gave it and they said DPS will get in touch. I told them that I only want a update and not to skip in line. I ask in my message for the website to give updates on status and position in the system.
We will see what happens.

:totap: :totap: :waiting: :waiting: :waiting:

Turban cowboy
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Turban cowboy »

It's official! My status changed this morning! :thewave

I'm finally out of here! I hope the rest of you waiting do not have to wait much longer. Time to go buy my first hand gun!

If I was this in Canada, This would have taken much longer and involved an interview with the chief firearms officer in your local police division which include actual interviews with references. :rules:

P.s I LOVE TEXAS! :txflag: :patriot: :fire :woohoo

Turban cowboy wrote:
ifpo238 wrote:
Turban cowboy wrote:
ifpo238 wrote:Prints taken: 1/12
Docs submitted thru website: 1/12
Prints rec'd by DPS: 1/14
RDS email confirming docs rec'd: 1/22
Emailed state rep for help: 3/16
Call from DPS: 3/18 (Apparently, the email to state rep did something. They're going to see if there's anything they can do to expedite. If so, I'll hear back in a couple of days. If not, 2-4 more weeks.)
DPS Called me: 3/21 (Background check looks good, need to get the photo attached from the DL system, should be sending it out Friday or early next week.)
Website change: still waiting...
LTC in hand: still waiting...

Where can I find out who the state rep is? What did you say in the email to the state rep? I got my confirmation 1/21/16. Thank you in advance
You can just Google "who is my state rep" and email from their website. I basically said it'd been over 60 days, that I had seen on the internets that the state rep could expedite things, and that I respectfully requested that service, if they'd be so kind. And they were; they even called back to let me know they'd been in touch with DPS and to let them know if they could do anything else to assist me. I guess they know gun owners vote. ;-)

Interestingly, a lady from DPS called me yesterday evening to tell me that they couldn't expedite my request. As she was talking to me, I guess she saw on her computer screen/call log that I had been called earlier in the day. She asked if it was a man who called. I answered that it was, and that he had told me it should be sent out Friday or early next week. She told me the only man in the dept. who would be making outbound calls was a manager, and that his word trumped hers. So I guess I'm still on for plastic next week. I sure hope so, anyway. My brother, who took the class and applied with me, is now contacting his rep as well...

-j
Well I sent my firs email to the state rep from Dwnton, Myra Crownover.

I said:

Good morning Mrs. Crownover.

I am a student at University of North Texas, and was hoping you could be of assistance. I was told contacting my state rep. could expedite the process for my LTC. I respectfully request that if you would be so kind as to contact DPS/RDS and inquire about where my application currently stands, I would greatly appreciate it.

Confirmation email: 1/21/16
Full name: <Name>
DOB: <Date of Birth>

Let's see where this goes. Thanks again!

Kenneth77
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Kenneth77 »

Well well i just got a call from dps and i am aproved :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :cheers2: :cheers2: :cheers2:
leeproductsonline.com

SplittinHairs
Posts in topic: 40

Post by SplittinHairs »

I contacted my senator yesterday as well. Just sent a nice message overall showing concern about my timeline and application status. I gave the DPS people good words, I wasn't looking to get anyone in trouble. I was reluctant to contact anyone as it was. Got a message back almost immediately from an aid asking for my info. Also said she would contact DPS about my app, let me know, and get my stuff in the system. We'll see. I haven't heard anything yet since emailing her back my info. I hope no one calls me back when I am in class.

WilliePete

Post by WilliePete »

Guess who's status just changed online. That's right, THIS GUYS!

Marvel281

Post by Marvel281 »

SplittinHairs wrote:I contacted my senator yesterday as well. Just sent a nice message overall showing concern about my timeline and application status. I gave the DPS people good words, I wasn't looking to get anyone in trouble. I was reluctant to contact anyone as it was. Got a message back almost immediately from an aid asking for my info. Also said she would contact DPS about my app, let me know, and get my stuff in the system. We'll see. I haven't heard anything yet since emailing her back my info. I hope no one calls me back when I am in class.
I hope it works for you. It seems some get better results than others.

mikezee1970
Posts in topic: 53

Post by mikezee1970 »

WilliePete wrote:Guess who's status just changed online. That's right, THIS GUYS!
WHHHAAAA!!!!!

Congrats williepete!

meyerch5
Posts in topic: 64

Post by meyerch5 »

mikezee1970 wrote:
WilliePete wrote:Guess who's status just changed online. That's right, THIS GUYS!
WHHHAAAA!!!!!

Congrats williepete!
Nice. Another free chair in the waiting room in a couple of days.

Dblack08
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Dblack08 »

my status changed this morning whoooo im excited i was all in 2/19/16

SplittinHairs
Posts in topic: 40

Post by SplittinHairs »

Marvel281 wrote:I hope it works for you. It seems some get better results than others.
Yeah... just figured it couldn't hurt. My dad was also wanting to know about his so I was able to do a double inquiry at the same time. Not bad, huh? Guess know I just see.. sure sounded like she wanted to help. It was definitely not an automated message I received.

Oh, and congrats to all you just had a status update and/or received your permits! Just remember, with great power comes great responsibility. :txflag:

RanchTX
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RanchTX »

Am I the only one still waiting from January? My confirmation was 1/22.

mkruck
Posts in topic: 9

Post by mkruck »

RanchTX wrote:Am I the only one still waiting from January? My confirmation was 1/22.
No. No you're not. There's a handful of us in mid-late January still with no status update. :banghead:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”