"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

meyerch5
Posts in topic: 64

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by meyerch5 »

They called me because I had called, and emailed, and my state rep had called and emailed, and finally last week, the governors staff contacted them...

<insert squeaky wheel emoticon here>

WheresmyLTC
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WheresmyLTC »

Just received a telephone call from DPS that my license has been approved and is being printed. 7-10 days to receive in the mail. :woohoo :thewave :woohoo

texasaggie16
Posts in topic: 4

Post by texasaggie16 »

dbailey0311 wrote:How does someone get in contact with a live person? Every time I call, I get the same message. "Due to high call volumes...blah blah blah. I sent my application in on 12/28/15. Still....NOTHING....
Last time I got ahold of someone, I had to call 30 times in a row. You just have to keep trying.

Kenneth77
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Kenneth77 »

WheresmyLTC wrote:Just received a telephone call from DPS that my license has been approved and is being printed. 7-10 days to receive in the mail. :woohoo :thewave :woohoo
Nice , i only can dream of that day lol what was your all in date , i called a little bit ago and stayed on hold for 25 mins and had to hang up to take another call.
leeproductsonline.com

WheresmyLTC
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WheresmyLTC »

Kenneth77 wrote:
WheresmyLTC wrote:Just received a telephone call from DPS that my license has been approved and is being printed. 7-10 days to receive in the mail. :woohoo :thewave :woohoo
Nice , i only can dream of that day lol what was your all in date , i called a little bit ago and stayed on hold for 25 mins and had to hang up to take another call.

2/5/16. I also contacted my state senator.

Kenneth77
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Kenneth77 »

See once again they have no such thing as order , i just dont get it for anything ....the how's and why's are way to much.
leeproductsonline.com

CaptainShaklaky
Posts in topic: 13

Post by CaptainShaklaky »

CaptainShaklaky wrote:Got my status change on Saturday, exactly 60 days (not business days) from my confirmation email. I am anxiously awaiting the mail man today! There is a Walmart that needs walkin'.

Just checked the mail..... Disappointed... There is always tomorrow.

TeachMan2016
Posts in topic: 72

Post by TeachMan2016 »

CaptainShaklaky wrote:
CaptainShaklaky wrote:Got my status change on Saturday, exactly 60 days (not business days) from my confirmation email. I am anxiously awaiting the mail man today! There is a Walmart that needs walkin'.

Just checked the mail..... Disappointed... There is always tomorrow.

I like to take that long journey to the mailbox, looking at the sky thinking this will be a glorious moment when I open the mailbox and see that envelope from the state. I would grab it and touch that familiar feeling of a card in a letter. I would then open it and see that hideous DL picture and the words License to Carry. I would then hastily walk back to the house strap up and wally walk.......yet today was the day I went to the mailbox and it was empty again. :deadhorse:

Nternetxplorer
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Nternetxplorer »

Nternetxplorer wrote:Application: 02/17/2016
Fingerprints: 02/24/2016
All-In Confirmation: 02/24/2016
In Hand: TBD
I'm a little impatient so I contacted my State Senator and this is my response. Hopefully, this will give me some peace of mind.

UPDATE:

Hi,

We are happy to help check on your LTC application and get a better picture on when you will receive your license. I just emailed our contact at the Texas Department of Public Safety and will hopefully have an answer for you this week.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

Matthew Dowling

Chief of Staff

Office of State Senator Charles Perry

Senate District 28

512-463-0128 (Office) :anamatedbanana

getinoldwatin
Posts in topic: 7

Post by getinoldwatin »

:rules: New to the forum but been looking from the bleachers all in date jan 17 an still nothing hope to see a status update called a week ago an it had come back from background an the nice lady said everything looked fine an in order but couldnt get an answer of how much longer :roll:

TeachMan2016
Posts in topic: 72

Post by TeachMan2016 »

Nternetxplorer wrote:
Nternetxplorer wrote:Application: 02/17/2016
Fingerprints: 02/24/2016
All-In Confirmation: 02/24/2016
In Hand: TBD
I'm a little impatient so I contacted my State Senator and this is my response. Hopefully, this will give me some peace of mind.

UPDATE:

Hi,

We are happy to help check on your LTC application and get a better picture on when you will receive your license. I just emailed our contact at the Texas Department of Public Safety and will hopefully have an answer for you this week.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

Matthew Dowling

Chief of Staff

Office of State Senator Charles Perry

Senate District 28

512-463-0128 (Office) :anamatedbanana

Exactly the same message I received from Mr. Perry's office. I did get an email back again after about 3 or so weeks. I also received a call from the DPS that same day. Not sure if it was a coincidence or if the email and them contacting the DPS did anything. In general don't get your hopes up and accept that the wait just has to happen.

meyerch5

Post by meyerch5 »

Status change this morning.

Unless I hit my head really hard and I'm hallucinating - which is possible...

mkruck
Posts in topic: 9

Post by mkruck »

meyerch5 wrote:Status change this morning.

Congrats, man!!! I'm 4 days behind you, but not even remotely getting my hopes up.

meyerch5

Post by meyerch5 »

mkruck wrote:

Congrats, man!!! I'm 4 days behind you, but not even remotely getting my hopes up.
Nothing happened for me, until i lost hope that it would ever get done...

I'm hoping that you are not far behind me. It seems that the "new" organization in Austin, with the new employees, seems to be working hard to get these done.

Have hope. You're not far behind.

mikezee1970
Posts in topic: 53

Post by mikezee1970 »

meyerch5 wrote:
mkruck wrote:

Nothing happened for me, until i lost hope that it would ever get done...

I'm hoping that you are not far behind me. It seems that the "new" organization in Austin, with the new employees, seems to be working hard to get these done.

Have hope. You're not far behind.
I'm either a week or so behind you guys or 3 weeks behind you depending on when they "received" my documents. Some of us around my original timeline appear to be getting status changes, etc. But, nothing for me yet, so I'm guessing I'm more like 3 weeks behind. Drat....

Anywho, congrats all the same!!!

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”