"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

mkruck
Posts in topic: 9

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by mkruck »

Pawpaw wrote:
meyerch5 wrote:
mkruck wrote:I'm 4 days behind you (Jan25), and I've decided that when day 90 rolls around and I still don't have my LTC, I'm going to go buy a new pistol, just for the pleasure of filling out the 4473, all the while thinking "If RSD had it together, I wouldn't be filling out this 4473 right now".
I am WAITING for the plastic for the opposite reason! I want to walk in and say, "I'll take that one" and when they get out the paperwork, just hand over the license...

90 days seems an inevitability at this point.
You do realize that you will still have to fill out the paperwork, right? They just don't have to call NICS. :tiphat:
Right you are. Too many hours at work yesterday. I am known to say dumb things when I'm tired. And when I'm not tired, according to my wife. :banghead:

Kenneth77
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Kenneth77 »

Just got excited had a missed call from a number in austin but called it back and it was for the donate to the cop fund thing and i told the guy not this year because i was a little put off by the state of texas right now.
leeproductsonline.com

Practitioner
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Practitioner »

Day 65... and the count continues. I was all in with confirmation email by February 10th. I understand there is no rhyme or reason to the RSD process methods. Has anyone seen any February dates receive plastic yet?

:totap: :totap: :totap: :totap: :rules: :rules: :shock:

Knowmsayin

Post by Knowmsayin »

GlassG19 wrote:
Knowmsayin wrote:
Knowmsayin wrote:
Knowmsayin wrote:Hey, new here just wanted to post my time line. Getting anxious...

11/21/2015 CHL 100 Class and Online Application
12/03/2015 Fingerprints, Submission of all forms, and received confirmation email.

As of 01/28/2016, no website change and nothing in the mail... Have a couple non-disqualifying misdemeanors, maybe that's why. :banghead:
Called the DPS today and apparently I need to send paperwork of my born abroad citizenship. Sounds cool to say you born in the UK but a real pain when doing any legal paperwork in the USA/Texas. Murica! :patriot: :txflag:

I asked how long it would be after I submitted the paperwork and they say another 3-4 weeks. Starting to loose my mind :mad5
01/31/2016 Uploaded Proof of citizenship.
02/03/2016 No confirmation email received so I called and they said the website was slow and they documents were still loading on the site and to call back Friday if I still didn't have a confirmation email.
02/05/2016 Still no confirmation email, so I called again and the representative confirmed all the documentation was received. Hopefully I'll get my plastic eventually... :headscratch :totap: :waiting:

Any news Kms? Have you called yet & spoke to them?
Just got plastic in hand!

02/09/2016 Called DPS and they confirmed "permanent residency" documentation had finished uploading (Yes it took a week to fully upload according to DPS) and they said my 60 days would start as of 02/09
04/07/2016 Called DPS and they confirmed all paperwork was approved and my license should be on the way.
04/13/2016 Website status changed at 06:00 AM
04/15/2016 Finally have plastic! :thewave :woohoo :fire

...Only took 135 days from first submitting the forms to plastic in hand :totap: :headscratch :grumble
65 days from sending "permanent residency" paperwork to receiving plastic (since I was born over seas.)

Happy to finally have the permit for my freedom. :patriot: :txflag:
Good luck everyone

WilliePete
Posts in topic: 16

Post by WilliePete »

Just got off the phone with RSD. I was told that my license has been approved and I should have it early next week!

:txflag:

-WilliePete

Marvel281

Post by Marvel281 »

My all in was 1/27 with confirming email. I keep seeing people get out that have similar dates to mine. Oh well, I will keep my lazy boy handy.

Marvel281

Post by Marvel281 »

Marvel281 wrote:My all in was 1/27 with confirming email. I keep seeing people get out that have similar dates to mine. Oh well, I will keep my lazy boy handy.
And I have not called yet or written to anyone either. Hope I do not regret that in June.

mikezee1970
Posts in topic: 53

Post by mikezee1970 »

WilliePete wrote:Just got off the phone with RSD. I was told that my license has been approved and I should have it early next week!

:txflag:

-WilliePete
Williepete, that sounds like good news to me! We have the same timelines.

Let us know if you see a website change and/or when you get your plastic.

Congrats!!!

CaptainShaklaky
Posts in topic: 13

Post by CaptainShaklaky »

CaptainShaklaky wrote:My all in date was 2/16/2016. I called once a couple of weeks ago to ensure that no additional documents were needed and to make sure they received everything. I asked aboit an ETA and the guy told me 2-3 months to get me into the system and aboit the same wait for my background check to come through. Needless to say I was disappointed. I thought that surely this was a mistake so I called back last week. I got the same guy on the phone again and he told me that there was no change. Not happy with this answer, I decided to call one more time. I called at about 1pm yesterday and got someone nee on the phone. I told her that i wanted to check to see if they needed additional documents and to get a status update. She said i was approved and that I was being sent to print! She gave me a time window of 7-14 business days until I receive my license! Hope this is true! Checked the website a few minutes ago and no change yet. Hope this means that they are getting caught up!

I checked the website this morning and i have a status change! I checked at about midnight and nothing, so they are working weekends! Lol! Cant wait for my wally walk!

dmthegreat2001
Posts in topic: 8

Post by dmthegreat2001 »

CaptainShaklaky wrote:
CaptainShaklaky wrote:My all in date was 2/16/2016. I called once a couple of weeks ago to ensure that no additional documents were needed and to make sure they received everything. I asked aboit an ETA and the guy told me 2-3 months to get me into the system and aboit the same wait for my background check to come through. Needless to say I was disappointed. I thought that surely this was a mistake so I called back last week. I got the same guy on the phone again and he told me that there was no change. Not happy with this answer, I decided to call one more time. I called at about 1pm yesterday and got someone nee on the phone. I told her that i wanted to check to see if they needed additional documents and to get a status update. She said i was approved and that I was being sent to print! She gave me a time window of 7-14 business days until I receive my license! Hope this is true! Checked the website a few minutes ago and no change yet. Hope this means that they are getting caught up!

I checked the website this morning and i have a status change! I checked at about midnight and nothing, so they are working weekends! Lol! Cant wait for my wally walk!
My all-in date was 2/22. I've seen several people on this site that were all in late Jan / early Feb that are still waiting. Makes one wonder if your call to them might have sped up the process for you or if they're finally getting close to being caught up. :headscratch

Bayoutalker

Post by Bayoutalker »

Congratulations! It sounds like many of you have received or will be receiving plastic soon. Looks like those extra people they say they hired are making a positive difference. It sure is gonna be crowded at Wally World soon.
Cliff H.
Beaumont, TX

Marvel281

Post by Marvel281 »

Bayoutalker wrote:Congratulations! It sounds like many of you have received or will be receiving plastic soon. Looks like those extra people they say they hired are making a positive difference. It sure is gonna be crowded at Wally World soon.
:iagree: :hurry: :anamatedbanana

merrittj214
Posts in topic: 9

Post by merrittj214 »

My all in date was 1/21/16. Still nothing. No mail. No email. No calls from the DPS/RSD. Nothing at all.

Like our buddy from a few days ago, when I buy retail I am always delayed. It's embarrassing so I'm holding off on my new Glock until I get the plastic. Obviously I have no disqualifying offenses on my record. If I did, I wouldn't be here.

If the RSD gets a delay from NICS, what happens? Do they follow up with the FBI, wait on them for an approval, or after the three day period move forward (like FFLs do)?

:patriot: :txflag:

Marvel281

Post by Marvel281 »

merrittj214 wrote:My all in date was 1/21/16. Still nothing. No mail. No email. No calls from the DPS/RSD. Nothing at all.

Like our buddy from a few days ago, when I buy retail I am always delayed. It's embarrassing so I'm holding off on my new Glock until I get the plastic. Obviously I have no disqualifying offenses on my record. If I did, I wouldn't be here.

If the RSD gets a delay from NICS, what happens? Do they follow up with the FBI, wait on them for an approval, or after the three day period move forward (like FFLs do)?

:patriot: :txflag:
Did you get the confirm email at least? If not, I would be contacting RDS soon.

CMOFOSHO

Post by CMOFOSHO »

State app:1/7/2016
Chl class:1/18/2016
Fingerprints:1/19/2016
Uploaded docs:1/19/2016
Confirmation:1/21/16
Website change:4/16/16
Plastic:?

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”