"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

ifpo238
Posts in topic: 26

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by ifpo238 »

Website change for my brother this morning. I checked it after 8 p.m. last night and it wasn't changed. Checked again at 6:30 this morning and it's changed. I guess they are working long hours...

I got my plastic 4/4. We had the same all in date. I involved my state rep and called RSD almost daily to hound them; he did not. Anecdotal, yes, but I do believe my hounding got me processed quicker, if for no other reason than they wanted to get rid of me...

At any rate, he should have plastic tomorrow or Thursday. Looks like it's gonna be time for us to go get some Brooks BBQ. :txflag:
NRA Life Member

FirNaTine
Posts in topic: 7

Post by FirNaTine »

OK...so I finally decided to make a profile after reading timelines and "patiently" waiting as a result of those posts. Here's my timeline...

1/19...All in
1/21...Fingerprints and email confirmation from Identgo
1/21...DPS email confirmation for supporting documents

Plastic in hand :confused5

The funny thing is, I already had a Texas CCL but for some ungodly reason I let it expire about 5 years ago...Squeaky clean record...I've never even had a speeding ticket.

The wait continues...

meyerch5
Posts in topic: 64

Post by meyerch5 »

FirNaTine wrote:OK...so I finally decided to make a profile after reading timelines and "patiently" waiting as a result of those posts. Here's my timeline...

1/19...All in
1/21...Fingerprints and email confirmation from Identgo

The funny thing is, I already had a Texas CCL but for some ungodly reason I let it expire about 5 years ago...Squeaky clean record...I've never even had a speeding ticket.

The wait continues...
I'm the same confirmation date and also still waiting. Clean record, haven't moved or changed jobs in over 10 years... Day 83.

Raven0130
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Raven0130 »

I finally decided to add my timeline while "patiently" waiting.

1/9...All in
1/10...Fingerprints and email confirmation from Identgo
4/10...wrote State Rep.
4/12...Web Site Change!!!

I am on Day 81 of a 60 day process..

molon_labe_86
Posts in topic: 11

Post by molon_labe_86 »

I thought about making a group on the Kik app for people waiting or already have they're LTC to talk and whatever! Would anyone be interested :txflag:

bf2016
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bf2016 »

Application Started: Feb 4
Fingerprints: Feb 5
LTC Class: Feb 6
Call from DPS that the LTC is on the way: April 12

Out of the waiting room and waiting for it to come in the mail! :hurry:

Good luck to everyone and stay safe!

TeachMan2016
Posts in topic: 72

Post by TeachMan2016 »

Finally got the, "agency letter" that the email from the DPS sent me.

I needed to send in some extra documents and I did so last night. Immediately I received the email that the DPS received uploaded documents (I'm sure that is just an automated system).

They have procedures that state that they now have 180 extra days to complete my application and make a decision... :grumble :grumble :grumble :totap: :waiting:

Current wait: 90 days

Estimated license date: October 18th (180 days later). :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Last edited by TeachMan2016 on Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

meyerch5
Posts in topic: 64

Post by meyerch5 »

TeachMan2016 wrote:Finally got the, "agency letter" that the email from the DPS sent me.

I needed to send in some extra documents and I did so last night. Immediately I received the email that the DPS received uploaded documents (I'm sure that is just an automated system).

They have procedures that state that they now have 180 extra days to complete my application and name a decision... :grumble :grumble :grumble :totap: :waiting:

Estimated license date: October 18th (180 days later). :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
wow. no words for you brother.

TangoX-ray
Posts in topic: 10

Post by TangoX-ray »

TeachMan2016 wrote:Finally got the, "agency letter" that the email from the DPS sent me.

They have procedures that state that they now have 180 extra days to complete my application and make a decision... :grumble :grumble :grumble :totap: :waiting:

Is it 180 additional days or 180 days total from date of application? If it's the latter, then you'd be looking at July.
Native Texan :txflag: Philippians 2:3-4

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training." - Archiloches (650 BC)

TeachMan2016

Post by TeachMan2016 »

TangoX-ray wrote:

Is it 180 additional days or 180 days total from date of application? If it's the latter, then you'd be looking at July.

If I read correctly it said an "additional 180 days." I'm guessing its their way of saying who cares if he paid us to do a job in timely manner. :roll:

Kenneth77
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Kenneth77 »

Well i got a response back for the email i sent cruz and was really not much there other than they said they would help out .I did email back that i had everything in and got it confirmed by them but still nonething .
Dear Mr. Lee,

Senator Birdwell's staff would be happy to help with your License to Carry Application. The best way we can help with the process initially is to make sure you have submitted a complete application. The Department of Public Safety (DPS) is, by statute, provided up to 60 days to issue an original License to Carry a Handgun (LTC), and 45 days to issue a renewal license. These time periods are calculated from the time a fully completed application and all supporting documents are received.

Please check their web page to ensure you have submitted all required and necessary documentation:
http://www.dps.texas.gov/rsd/chl/applicantreminder.htm.

If you have in fact completed all the necessary steps and submitted all the required documents, and the statutory waiting period has passed, please let us know and we would be happy to reach out to DPS for you to inquire about the status of your application.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Sincerely,

Megan Lehmann
Constituent Correspondence Manager
Senator Brian Birdwell

Capitol Office 512-463-0122
megan.lehmann@senate.texas.gov
leeproductsonline.com

TeachMan2016

Post by TeachMan2016 »

Kenneth77 wrote:Well i got a response back for the email i sent cruz and was really not much there other than they said they would help out .I did email back that i had everything in and got it confirmed by them but still nonething .
Dear Mr. Lee,

Senator Birdwell's staff would be happy to help with your License to Carry Application. The best way we can help with the process initially is to make sure you have submitted a complete application. The Department of Public Safety (DPS) is, by statute, provided up to 60 days to issue an original License to Carry a Handgun (LTC), and 45 days to issue a renewal license. These time periods are calculated from the time a fully completed application and all supporting documents are received.

Please check their web page to ensure you have submitted all required and necessary documentation:

If you have in fact completed all the necessary steps and submitted all the required documents, and the statutory waiting period has passed, please let us know and we would be happy to reach out to DPS for you to inquire about the status of your application.

Sincerely,

Megan Lehmann
Senator Brian Birdwell

I personally think that contacting all these Reps. and their offices is probably not doing much of anything. Sure they probably have some pull, but it will probably not speed up any process. I guess in general it just feels good to know you have tried to get answer by using the democratic process.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Flightmare »

TeachMan2016 wrote:
Kenneth77 wrote:Well i got a response back for the email i sent cruz and was really not much there other than they said they would help out .I did email back that i had everything in and got it confirmed by them but still nonething .
Dear Mr. Lee,

Sincerely,

Megan Lehmann
Senator Brian Birdwell

I personally think that contacting all these Reps. and their offices is probably not doing much of anything. Sure they probably have some pull, but it will probably not speed up any process. I guess in general it just feels good to know you have tried to get answer by using the democratic process.
I think the reason most people are doing it is more to find out an accurate representation of where they are in the process. Most are frustrated with submitting all of their documents and then waiting with no word as to the progress made. If the website would show progress (someone mentioned the Domino's Pizza website), then I suspect there would be fewer people calling to inquire as to their status.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Kenneth77
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Kenneth77 »

Yeah i wasn't hoping for much just thought it might be worth a shot , one thing i think they should do is combine it with your DL so you dont have to have two things to keep up with but i guess that is really asking to much. I guess i'll just set back and wait put it out of mind and not worry about it.
leeproductsonline.com

ifpo238
Posts in topic: 26

Post by ifpo238 »

RSD called me after my rep contacted them... I told 'em flat out I knew they were swamped, but I was tryin' to climb to the top of the pile. I think it actually helped, though in hindsight it was maybe not the nicest thing to do, cutting in line...
NRA Life Member

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”