Texas Citizens Militia

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bcooper
Posts in topic: 5

Texas Citizens Militia

Post by bcooper »

Was "recruited " yesterday by a member at a local burger joint by my house.

Was wondering if anyone knows anything about them. He was pretty vague with his answer, which I understand. Just want to get some info.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Texas Citizens Militia

Post by RoyGBiv »

http://tcmrecruiter.com/

Not endorsing in any way... just google search.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
bcooper

Post by bcooper »

I looked on that website yesterday. Just trying to get other opinions.

Thank you

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

bcooper wrote:Was "recruited " yesterday by a member at a local burger joint by my house.

Was wondering if anyone knows anything about them. He was pretty vague with his answer, which I understand. Just want to get some info.
I don't know anything about this outfit and I don't want to know anything about it.

Texas already has a fully qualified military force. Texas Military Forces comprises the Texas Army National Guard, Texas Air National Guard, and the Texas State Guard (https://tmd.texas.gov/).

I spent 21 of my 34 years in uniform as a member of the Texas Army National Guard. The men and women of your Texas Military Forces are not playing games. They train to the same standards as the active force, meet the same physical requirements, and are subject to the established civilian authority. They are a cohesive, disciplined force that reports to the Governor.

The Texas Air National Guard has an airlift wing, a reconnaissance wing, and a fighter wing. The Texas Army National Guard comprises the 36th Infantry Division (Mech), its three artillery battalions, scouts, and supporting units. Texas also has Special Forces (Green Berets). Texas Guardsmen are serving in combat in the middle east. The Texas Joint Counterdrug Task Force works side by side with Texas law enforcement to support (not conduct) law enforcement operations.

There are many ways for Texans who don't qualify for the real military to serve their fellow Texans; Red Cross, volunteer fire fighters, citizen police academies, to name a few.

If you want to be of real assistance to your fellow Texans in a military role, join the Texas Military Forces. Anything else is make believe.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Abraham
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Abraham »

I most heartily concur with oljames3.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I served in the regular Army and the Washington State National Guard. They are both fine outfits. Just thought I would throw that in given the thread drift to the merits of organizations other than the one the OP asked about.

Unlike the posters above, I do not personally know enough about this militia to denigrate it by calling it "make believe". Then again, I also try not to make uninformed insults about things with which I am unfamiliar.

MWilliams66

Post by MWilliams66 »

oljames3 wrote:
Texas already has a fully qualified military force. Texas Military Forces comprises the Texas Army National Guard, Texas Air National Guard, and the Texas State Guard (https://tmd.texas.gov/).

I spent 21 of my 34 years in uniform as a member of the Texas Army National Guard. The men and women of your Texas Military Forces are not playing games. They train to the same standards as the active force, meet the same physical requirements, and are subject to the established civilian authority. They are a cohesive, disciplined force that reports to the Governor.

The Texas Air National Guard has an airlift wing, a reconnaissance wing, and a fighter wing. The Texas Army National Guard comprises the 36th Infantry Division (Mech), its three artillery battalions, scouts, and supporting units. Texas also has Special Forces (Green Berets). Texas Guardsmen are serving in combat in the middle east. The Texas Joint Counterdrug Task Force works side by side with Texas law enforcement to support (not conduct) law enforcement operations.

There are many ways for Texans who don't qualify for the real military to serve their fellow Texans; Red Cross, volunteer fire fighters, citizen police academies, to name a few.

If you want to be of real assistance to your fellow Texans in a military role, join the Texas Military Forces. Anything else is make believe.
:iagree:
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
-Albert Einstein

joe817

Post by joe817 »

Abraham wrote:I most heartily concur with oljames3.
Me as well. If I were to join any military group it would be the Texas State Guard, if I were of age. But that passed several years ago.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 3

Post by treadlightly »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:I served in the regular Army and the Washington State National Guard. They are both fine outfits. Just thought I would throw that in given the thread drift to the merits of organizations other than the one the OP asked about.

Unlike the posters above, I do not personally know enough about this militia to denigrate it by calling it "make believe". Then again, I also try not to make uninformed insults about things with which I am unfamiliar.
Understood, but, unfortunately, odds are the detractors here have a point.

I could be way off base, but I think the proper militia is not an organized force in times of peace. It is the citizenry at large, not troops subject to routine muster.

In a perfect world, I'd say such things as what a casual glance at the Texas Citizens Militia reveal are good, wholesome things. Citizens teaming up for their common defense strikes me as healthy.

But I have a hard time saying that too loudly. There are too many "militia" groups that have not comported themselves in harmony with peaceful society or legitimate authority.

For me, the Constitution as amended, seasoned with the non-binding but lovely sentiments expressed in the Declaration of Independence is a fine thing worth fighting and sacrificing for. However, I pledge my allegiance to the thing itself, not any middleman.

And, frankly, I have a little trouble with the "indivisible" part of the Pledge. Secession is a tragedy, but I can think of worse tragedies that might come from a Federal government a little too comfortable with the bonds of statehood. We have a natural right to change or abolish those ties, but, please, not for light or transient causes.

Many thanks to those who served, either in Federal or State forces. From your sacrifice I have been blessed.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Abraham wrote:I most heartily concur with oljames3.
:iagree: :txflag: :patriot:
NRA Endowment Member

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

bcooper wrote:Was "recruited " yesterday by a member at a local burger joint by my house.

There is probably a very good reason for him to be vague. :tiphat:
Last edited by WildBill on Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Endowment Member

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Recent events teach us a lesson, so called Militias members could end up being dead or in the prison. To act like a police, he should be a police. To act like a man in boots, he should be aligned and following orderes by the regular high-brass.
Until the DoD sanction, organize, and/or fund so called Citizens Militias, best advice, stay away and keep shooting your IDPA/IPSC/PPM matches.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

JP171
Banned
Posts in topic: 6

Post by JP171 »

The Texas State Guard is the only legal "militia" in Texas, it takes almost anyone between the age of 17 and 70, it is under the Authority of the Adjutant General of Texas Major General Nichols it answers to the TAG and the Governor and cannot be federalized except within limited circumstances and only in time of emergency, cannot be deployed out of the country period, outside the state only with the governors SOF agreement with another state. The TCM is NOT a legal militia it may call itself anything it wants until it uses military rank structure and then it will be shut down, they have been playing this shhh game for 20 years and been watched very closely the whole time, they will make a mistake one day and get locked up. The group has already had several injunctions against what they are doing in the past. my advice is STAY AWAY, very far away

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

JP171 wrote:The Texas State Guard is the only legal "militia" in Texas, it takes almost anyone between the age of 17 and 70, it is under the Authority of the Adjutant General of Texas Major General Nichols it answers to the TAG and the Governor and cannot be federalized except within limited circumstances and only in time of emergency, cannot be deployed out of the country period, outside the state only with the governors SOF agreement with another state. The TCM is NOT a legal militia it may call itself anything it wants until it uses military rank structure and then it will be shut down, they have been playing this shhh game for 20 years and been watched very closely the whole time, they will make a mistake one day and get locked up. The group has already had several injunctions against what they are doing in the past. my advice is STAY AWAY, very far away
:iagree:
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Topic author
bcooper

Post by bcooper »

JP171 wrote:The Texas State Guard is the only legal "militia" in Texas, it takes almost anyone between the age of 17 and 70, it is under the Authority of the Adjutant General of Texas Major General Nichols it answers to the TAG and the Governor and cannot be federalized except within limited circumstances and only in time of emergency, cannot be deployed out of the country period, outside the state only with the governors SOF agreement with another state. The TCM is NOT a legal militia it may call itself anything it wants until it uses military rank structure and then it will be shut down, they have been playing this shhh game for 20 years and been watched very closely the whole time, they will make a mistake one day and get locked up. The group has already had several injunctions against what they are doing in the past. my advice is STAY AWAY, very far away
That is all I needed! Thank You. I love my God, State/Country and Family... I will not put my freedom, have me or my family watched by the a Alphabet group because some people want to play soldier.

Return to “Off-Topic”