"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Gnamaree02
Posts in topic: 104

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by Gnamaree02 »

ifpo238 wrote:
RoughAshlar wrote:Thank you to the Great State of Texas!
Congrats, and I hope I'm not far behind you! Y'all will have to forgive me, though, if I don't thank the State for giving me a permission slip to do something that, by God, I oughtta be able to do anyway.
Here here! :iagree:
Was that a RSD a plant?

Gnamaree02

Post by Gnamaree02 »

TeachMan2016 wrote:Another day and another non-status change and non-license in hand day.

I see plenty of timelines and issues with getting the license. Would it not be easier for the state of Texas to just give the people the constitutional right to carry? I mean forcing people to pay for a class, pay for an application (which could be approved or denied), pay for fingerprints, and then wait for months; isn't that against the founders of the Constitution ideas about "RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS"? As many people as I see on here complaining, and as many people that have submitted applications to the DPS these past few months, I feel if we all spoke up that we could get that law changed. The great state of Texas isn't so great when I (we) have to wait months (sometimes half a year) just to protect ourselves and our families. But will it ever change; I don't know so I guess I will continue to wait. Maybe the upcoming election season for state reps we demand a vote on this issue of constitutional carry and let the people speak!
:iagree:

Except my State Rep couldn't care less either way. That's indicated by his contact with DPS, on my behalf, amounted to a call stating "you just have to wait another 6-8 weeks. "

Gnamaree02

Post by Gnamaree02 »

nickfromATX wrote:
nickfromATX wrote:Hey guys (and gals), just joined up to post my timeline. Website changed this morning!! Hopefully other people with a similar timeline as me will have their site change soon too! :coolgleamA: :thumbs2:

Submitted Online Application -- 12/14/2015
Fingerprints -- 12/16/2015
CHL (LTC) Class -- 1/9/2016
Submitted Forms Online -- 1/9/2016
Confirmation Email -- 1/11/2016

Waiting, Waiting......

Sent an email to DPS just inquiring about my application, asking if I had missed anything in the process --3/30/2016
Website Changed about 9:00am -- 3/31/2016 :hurry:
Card In Hand!! -- 4/1/2016 :woohoo

Not sure whether the email had anything to do with the site change the very next day, but either way, FINALLY!! Will update this when the plastic hits the mailbox :)
:anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana

4/1/2016 -- Got my card in the mail today!! Took a while, but it was about what I was expecting. Hope everyone else waiting gets theirs soon too!!
Congrats! :thewave

Tjf328
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Tjf328 »

Got off the phone with RSD about 30 minutes ago and was told plastic was mailed out today. Confirmation email 1/4/2016 hopefully he wasn't telling me a April fools joke. I'm in the DFW area so hopefully I'll have my plastic by Monday.

TeachMan2016
Posts in topic: 72

Post by TeachMan2016 »

Gnamaree02 wrote:
TeachMan2016 wrote:Another day and another non-status change and non-license in hand day.

I see plenty of timelines and issues with getting the license. Would it not be easier for the state of Texas to just give the people the constitutional right to carry? I mean forcing people to pay for a class, pay for an application (which could be approved or denied), pay for fingerprints, and then wait for months; isn't that against the founders of the Constitution ideas about "RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS"? As many people as I see on here complaining, and as many people that have submitted applications to the DPS these past few months, I feel if we all spoke up that we could get that law changed. The great state of Texas isn't so great when I (we) have to wait months (sometimes half a year) just to protect ourselves and our families. But will it ever change; I don't know so I guess I will continue to wait. Maybe the upcoming election season for state reps we demand a vote on this issue of constitutional carry and let the people speak!
:iagree:

Except my State Rep couldn't care less either way. That's indicated by his contact with DPS, on my behalf, amounted to a call stating "you just have to wait another 6-8 weeks. "

I'm about sure my State Rep. did absolutely nothing at all.... I will make sure to remember that during the election, and to tell all of my co-workers which make-up a pretty hefty portion of his votes.

ifpo238
Posts in topic: 26

Post by ifpo238 »

ifpo238 wrote:
91kcolg wrote:Progress! RDS told me this morning that my application was selected for issue yesterday. No change to the website yet, but I was told it would take about 14 days to receive in the mail from the date of issue. That would put me at 91 days if received 14 days from yesterday.
I just got a very similar call!

Prints taken: 1/12
Docs submitted thru website: 1/12
Prints rec'd by DPS: 1/14
RSD email confirming docs rec'd: 1/22
Emailed state rep for help: 3/16
Call from DPS: 3/18 (Apparently, the email to state rep did something. They're going to see if there's anything they can do to expedite. If so, I'll hear back in a couple of days. If not, 2-4 more weeks.)
DPS called me: 3/21 (Background check looks good, need to get the photo attached from the DL system, should be sending it out Friday or early next week.)
DPS called me: 3/30 (License has been approved and sent for printing; should arrive in the mail in the next 7-10 days)
Website change: still waiting...
LTC in hand: still waiting...
Status change! Website had changed as of 6:50 this morning, 4/2. Pretty sure I had checked just before midnight last night and it had not yet changed. Hope to have plastic in hand soon...
NRA Life Member

TexasSully
Posts in topic: 17

Post by TexasSully »

ifpo238 wrote:
ifpo238 wrote:
91kcolg wrote:Progress! RDS told me this morning that my application was selected for issue yesterday. No change to the website yet, but I was told it would take about 14 days to receive in the mail from the date of issue. That would put me at 91 days if received 14 days from yesterday.
I just got a very similar call!

Prints taken: 1/12
Docs submitted thru website: 1/12
Prints rec'd by DPS: 1/14
RSD email confirming docs rec'd: 1/22
Emailed state rep for help: 3/16
Call from DPS: 3/18 (Apparently, the email to state rep did something. They're going to see if there's anything they can do to expedite. If so, I'll hear back in a couple of days. If not, 2-4 more weeks.)
DPS called me: 3/21 (Background check looks good, need to get the photo attached from the DL system, should be sending it out Friday or early next week.)
DPS called me: 3/30 (License has been approved and sent for printing; should arrive in the mail in the next 7-10 days)
Website change: still waiting...
LTC in hand: still waiting...
Status change! Website had changed as of 6:50 this morning, 4/2. Pretty sure I had checked just before midnight last night and it had not yet changed. Hope to have plastic in hand soon...
I am not sure where your are located, but my status changed last Saturday morning and I had plastic in hand Monday. I am in the Austin area.
Congrats the waiting is nearly over
:thewave

Tjf328
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Tjf328 »

Was told plastic mailed out yesterday and just checked and status was changed this morning. :anamatedbanana :woohoo

WilliePete
Posts in topic: 16

Post by WilliePete »

All these people emailing and contacting their state reps has me concerned. I think it is a good thing to bring to light with those who can do something about the problems we have with having to wait so long. I see a problem with this though. You just did two things. 1) If it does work you just cut the line in front of others 2) This will further bog the system down and cause more delays. I personally am for Constitutional Carry. As a veteran I believe all of our rights come from God, not a lawyer. With that said, the system we have now kind of sucks, but it is what we have. Be patient or work to improve it.

meyerch5
Posts in topic: 64

Post by meyerch5 »

72 days today.

Patience...

loscar141
Posts in topic: 2

Post by loscar141 »

loscar141 wrote:Hello,

I have been lurking on this forum for about a month, to get an idea on how long it would take, and the CHL website just change for me today.
So I thought i would post my timeline.

CHL Class taken 4/2014
Online application 12/28/2015
Finger Prints 1/08/2016
Submitted all paperwork online 1/8/2016
Received confirmation email 1/13/2016
Website changed 3/31/2016
Plastic in hand 04/??/2016

Hopefully it will be only a couple of days, to a week max, until i get plastic in hand. I will keep y'all posted.
Okay people, plastic in hand 4/2/2016. I'm out

psizzle_8
Posts in topic: 5

Post by psizzle_8 »

psizzle_8 wrote:PLASTIC IN HAND!!!!!!

Timeline:
1/4 turned all paperwork in
1/5 confirmation email
3/28 status changed on website
3/30 plastic in hand

Dad submitted his stuff the exact same time as me. Actually a half hour or so before me. He hasn't seen the change of status yet. Hopefully he gets his soon too.

Stay patient friends- it's worth it!
Dad has his plastic! Came today. His status changed Thursday. Same as me, status changed and got his in two days. Woohoo!

Dan57
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Dan57 »

Greetings,

Just came in the mail today! :lol:

Here's my timeline:

Paperwork in: 1/1
Confirmation email: 1/2
Fingerprints done: 1/7
Plastic in hand: 4/2

Dan57

meyerch5
Posts in topic: 64

Post by meyerch5 »

Congratulations Dan!

Stay safe.

5th
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 5th »

Plastic in Hand! :thewave

CHL class: 01/06/16
Online App, documents sent, 01/07/16
Confirmation received: 01/07/16
Fingerprints: 01/15/16
Status Change: 03/31/16
Plastic in hand: 04/02/16

Time from confirmation = 12 weeks & 2 days (86 days).

I didn't make any calls, wrote no emails, contacted no government officials.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”