"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

brooklyn
Posts in topic: 30

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by brooklyn »

WilliePete wrote:Fingerprints 3-20-16
Class 3-20-16
Email 3-21-16
Status Change 3-31-16
Plastic 4-1-16
I believe that your posting is misleading and will get some people upset. Why don't you clear it up and tell the whole story. :nono:

rctaz
Posts in topic: 9

Post by rctaz »

:iagree:

WilliePete
Posts in topic: 16

Post by WilliePete »

I thought it obvious. Tis' but an April Fools Joke. What is not funny is that I thought I submitted everything in Mid December, but did not receive a confirmation email. I did not know I was to receive such. In the middle of February I called. They said they did not have my paperwork, just my fingerprints. They asked me when I received my confirmation email, to which I replied "What email?" I was told to resubmit and I did. I received my confirmation email on Feb 19, 2 months and 1 day from which I thought I submitted my original paperwork. It was like being told "Go back to the end of the line."

WilliePete

Post by WilliePete »

brooklyn wrote:
WilliePete wrote:Fingerprints 3-20-16
Class 3-20-16
Email 3-21-16
Status Change 3-31-16
Plastic 4-1-16
I believe that your posting is misleading and will get some people upset. Why don't you clear it up and tell the whole story. :nono:

There all fixed. Remember that's Airborne Infantry. 100% Gaurantee!

WilliePete

Post by WilliePete »

:bigear:
rctaz wrote::iagree:

mikezee1970
Posts in topic: 53

Post by mikezee1970 »

WilliePete wrote:I thought it obvious. Tis' but an April Fools Joke. What is not funny is that I thought I submitted everything in Mid December, but did not receive a confirmation email. I did not know I was to receive such. In the middle of February I called. They said they did not have my paperwork, just my fingerprints. They asked me when I received my confirmation email, to which I replied "What email?" I was told to resubmit and I did. I received my confirmation email on Feb 19, 2 months and 1 day from which I thought I submitted my original paperwork. It was like being told "Go back to the end of the line."
WilliePete, humor aside, I'm in the same boat as you. I submitted everything online on 2/1. I never got a confirmation e-mail or I thought I never got a confirmation e-mail. I re-submitted on 2/19 and got a confirmation e-mail. I'm hoping my all in date is 2/1, but since my re-submittal, I doubt it. I think my new all in date is 2/19. I was getting excited when I heard our fellow 1/15ish LTC applicants were getting positive results because I figured I was only a couple of weeks behind them. Now, I fear it's more like a month or so behind. Not very happy right now.......

WilliePete

Post by WilliePete »

mikezee1970 wrote:
WilliePete wrote:I thought it obvious. Tis' but an April Fools Joke. What is not funny is that I thought I submitted everything in Mid December, but did not receive a confirmation email. I did not know I was to receive such. In the middle of February I called. They said they did not have my paperwork, just my fingerprints. They asked me when I received my confirmation email, to which I replied "What email?" I was told to resubmit and I did. I received my confirmation email on Feb 19, 2 months and 1 day from which I thought I submitted my original paperwork. It was like being told "Go back to the end of the line."
WilliePete, humor aside, I'm in the same boat as you. I submitted everything online on 2/1. I never got a confirmation e-mail or I thought I never got a confirmation e-mail. I re-submitted on 2/19 and got a confirmation e-mail. I'm hoping my all in date is 2/1, but since my re-submittal, I doubt it. I think my new all in date is 2/19. I was getting excited when I heard our fellow 1/15ish LTC applicants were getting positive results because I figured I was only a couple of weeks behind them. Now, I fear it's more like a month or so behind. Not very happy right now.......
You know the good folks at DPS are doing their very best. I bet they have some great folks who are working pretty hard on these licenses. It's not their fault that the entire State of Texas decided to en masse get a LTC/CHL. My life, as I am sure your life, will continue. In 10 years our little wait will seem insignificant. There is a juvenile side to me that says "Ah man this ain't fair I want my license and I want it now." I know it sucks waiting, but that's what we have to do. As for tomorrow, the Sun will rise, I will be proud to be a Texas Vet, and I will love my family. Nothing is different from one year ago, before I decided to apply for a license. I will go to the range next week and I will shoot and I will have fun. OK, so it's another month until I carry a gun in Kroger, that's fine. I will go to Kroger next week and buy an extra bottle of wine, probably a nice meritage (red blend) or I will buy a Shiner mixed 12 pack, I really want to try that Kosmos I hear so much about. But, my life does not stop just because DPS is swamped. Let them do their job and we shall enjoy our life.
Last edited by WilliePete on Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WilliePete

Post by WilliePete »

:txflag: Always proud to be a Texas Vet! AATW!!!

RoughAshlar
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RoughAshlar »

All in date 1/6.

Plastic arrived 3/31

Thank you to the Great State of Texas!

DFWCorvetteGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by DFWCorvetteGuy »

Application: 5/21/15
Fingerprints: 6/10/15
LTC Class: 1/2/16
CHL 100 Upload: 1/2/16
Confirmation: 1/4/16
Status Change: 4/1/16
Card in Hand:

ifpo238
Posts in topic: 26

Post by ifpo238 »

RoughAshlar wrote:Thank you to the Great State of Texas!
Congrats, and I hope I'm not far behind you! Y'all will have to forgive me, though, if I don't thank the State for giving me a permission slip to do something that, by God, I oughtta be able to do anyway.
NRA Life Member

Ambi84
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Ambi84 »

Good Morning all!

Just wanted to share my experience.

12/27 - took class
12/28 - confirmation email for online app
Did fingerprints and submitted rest of paperwork by the 30th.

Tried calling TXDOT and never got through, checked for status update online CONSTANTLY.

Monday 3/28 I sent an email to the Governors office. 3/30 received my plastic!! :anamatedbanana My status has yet to be updated online. :headscratch

My husband got all his paperwork in about a week after I did. Emailed the Gov as well on 3/28 and has not received his yet. Im assuming his will be here in a few days.

WilliePete

Post by WilliePete »

ifpo238 wrote:
RoughAshlar wrote:Thank you to the Great State of Texas!
Congrats, and I hope I'm not far behind you! Y'all will have to forgive me, though, if I don't thank the State for giving me a permission slip to do something that, by God, I oughtta be able to do anyway.
Couldn't agree more. We have made great strides in the last 20 years to recapture what belongs to us.

AirborneMedic
Posts in topic: 4

Post by AirborneMedic »

WilliePete wrote::txflag: Always proud to be a Texas Vet! AATW!!!
AIRBORNE!!!

TeachMan2016
Posts in topic: 72

Post by TeachMan2016 »

Another day and another non-status change and non-license in hand day.

I see plenty of timelines and issues with getting the license. Would it not be easier for the state of Texas to just give the people the constitutional right to carry? I mean forcing people to pay for a class, pay for an application (which could be approved or denied), pay for fingerprints, and then wait for months; isn't that against the founders of the Constitution ideas about "RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS"? As many people as I see on here complaining, and as many people that have submitted applications to the DPS these past few months, I feel if we all spoke up that we could get that law changed. The great state of Texas isn't so great when I (we) have to wait months (sometimes half a year) just to protect ourselves and our families. But will it ever change; I don't know so I guess I will continue to wait. Maybe the upcoming election season for state reps we demand a vote on this issue of constitutional carry and let the people speak!

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”