"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

meyerch5
Posts in topic: 64

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by meyerch5 »

GlassG19 wrote:First of all Congratulations to all who have received there LTC lately. Secondly, I really don't believe that our state reps or Senator or Gov have been calling RDS putting on heat. I'm pretty confident that they are just calling asking very nicely if the would look up & get John does & Jane does process updated to them with a little importance, please. No heat, just respectful.
IMO
:tiphat:
I agree with this. I didn't contact the Rep for "heat" as much as for them to call and get an update. And to let them know what was happening with LTC applications. In all its been a smooth process - if a bit frustrating.

I was confirmed on 21 Jan, still patiently waiting...

Haas
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Haas »

Caught a news story last night that DPS was hiring more people to help with the backlog LTC applications. Here's hoping the training process is quick.
:txflag: I love this place

holbrla
Posts in topic: 5

Post by holbrla »

Interesting undated post on DPS website:

http://www.dps.texas.gov/rsd/chl/applicantreminder.htm

Potential delays can be avoided by submitting complete information

Due to an increased volume of applications for a license to carry a handgun (LTC) in recent months, the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) is advising applicants to closely follow LTC application guidelines and to ensure they submit a fully-completed application including all supporting documentation.

During the three-month period from December 2015 through February 2016, DPS has received approximately 136,000 LTC application submissions compared to approximately 57,000 over the same time period the year prior – representing a 139 percent increase.

In response to the increased volume of applications, DPS has increased staffing strength (hiring additional personnel and initiating an overtime project involving multiple shifts, seven days a week) and resources to help ensure compliance with the statutory processing time frames for original and renewal applications.

By statute, DPS has up to 60 days to issue an original LTC, and 45 days to issue a renewal license. However, it is imperative that applicants understand that these time periods are calculated from the time a fully-completed application and supporting documents are received by the department.

Marvel281
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Marvel281 »

holbrla wrote:Interesting undated post on DPS website:

Due to an increased volume of applications for a license to carry a handgun (LTC) in recent months, the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) is advising applicants to closely follow LTC application guidelines and to ensure they submit a fully-completed application including all supporting documentation.

During the three-month period from December 2015 through February 2016, DPS has received approximately 136,000 LTC application submissions compared to approximately 57,000 over the same time period the year prior – representing a 139 percent increase.

In response to the increased volume of applications, DPS has increased staffing strength (hiring additional personnel and initiating an overtime project involving multiple shifts, seven days a week) and resources to help ensure compliance with the statutory processing time frames for original and renewal applications.

By statute, DPS has up to 60 days to issue an original LTC, and 45 days to issue a renewal license. However, it is imperative that applicants understand that these time periods are calculated from the time a fully-completed application and supporting documents are received by the department.
This is all very hopeful. At least we can all know what's going on in the the office is where are applications are. I just wish they would put this on our update pages so we don't have an idea this is going on versus having a research it out later.

rctaz
Posts in topic: 9

Post by rctaz »

Got a call from a supervisor this morning... She apologized for the delay and lack of communications and let me know that mine has been approved and I should have my card in 7-14 days depending on snail mail...

Just ready for the waiting game to be over with!

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Flightmare »

Status change this morning! Hopefully an indication that my seat in the waiting room will be available for someone else.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Dallasferg@gmail.com
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Dallasferg@gmail.com »

I have been watching this forum, checking the RSD website, and waiting patiently. Here is my timeline:

CHL-100 class: 1/23/16
Application: 2/7/16
Fingerprints: 2/11/16
Documents submitted: 2/11/16
Confirmation email: 2/11/16
Website change: ???
Plastic in hand: ???

I have call RSD 2 times and have only been told that all of my documents have been received and that everything looks good. First call representative advised that it would be 12 weeks from confirmation date. Second call representative advised it would only be 60 days. Now I'm just confused as to who is telling the truth??? :roll:

I haven't called or emailed any state reps or the governor, I'm trying to be patient but my smith & wesson 40 really wants to go with me everyday and it really hurts to have to tell it "NOT YET" LOL

zencurry
Posts in topic: 27

Post by zencurry »

Dallasferg@gmail.com wrote:
I have call RSD 2 times and have only been told that all of my documents have been received and that everything looks good. First call representative advised that it would be 12 weeks from confirmation date. Second call representative advised it would only be 60 days. Now I'm just confused as to who is telling the truth??? :roll:
"You can't handle the truth!" :leaving

Haas
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Haas »

zencurry wrote:
Dallasferg@gmail.com wrote:
"You can't handle the truth!" :leaving
"rlol"
:txflag: I love this place

Tjf328
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Tjf328 »

Of course RSD is closed today for another holiday. :mad5
Received confirmation email of all documents received on 1/4/2016 and still waiting. :totap:

zencurry
Posts in topic: 27

Post by zencurry »

Tjf328 wrote:Of course RSD is closed today for another holiday. :mad5
Received confirmation email of all documents received on 1/4/2016 and still waiting. :totap:

This I know is true. The only reason to work for the state is the benefits and holidays; it damn sure isn't for the pay or environment.

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Flightmare »

Mailman came and went. Checked the mailbox, no plastic. :banghead: I guess I'll keep checking.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

AirborneMedic
Posts in topic: 4

Post by AirborneMedic »

RSD is actually open. I talked to them twice today

meyerch5
Posts in topic: 64

Post by meyerch5 »

holbrla wrote:Interesting undated post on DPS website:

All this is great in theory. I submitted a complete, clean record, application and it was confirmed Jan 21. When RSD called at the urging of my State Rep she said, "It looks like you're approved. Just waiting on data entry and printing. Should be within 4 weeks." That was on March 23.

Right now they are just spinning it. I'm fine with waiting longer due to high volumes, but be transparent and have a consistent and reliable message.

Tjf328
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Tjf328 »

AirborneMedic wrote:
RSD is actually open. I talked to them twice today

I just tried calling again and the recording says they are closed in observance of the holiday.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”