"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

doombuggy110
Posts in topic: 7

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by doombuggy110 »

Oh, man. I'm apparently in the long wait group now if the mid to late January folks are getting their plastic in the mail! I was all in either 1/6 or 1/8. Still nothing. Emailed my COUNTY rep... May try state and see if they have pull. I'll give the county folks a few more days to fuss at DPS. They called me the following day and said they'd get someone at DPS in touch with me. It's just Monday, but I'm hoping they'll speed it up. I called another number at DPS today and was told I was in the queue to be processed in the next 7-14 days, but it should be closer to 7. I may get a little more verbal next week. I've apparently done a good job forgetting about it! I didn't realize I was around 77 real people days and the end of this week should be close to 60 gov't days. Hm. Back to forgetting about it for the week!

ifpo238
Posts in topic: 26

Post by ifpo238 »

Turban cowboy wrote:
ifpo238 wrote:Prints taken: 1/12
Docs submitted thru website: 1/12
Prints rec'd by DPS: 1/14
RDS email confirming docs rec'd: 1/22
Emailed state rep for help: 3/16
Call from DPS: 3/18 (Apparently, the email to state rep did something. They're going to see if there's anything they can do to expedite. If so, I'll hear back in a couple of days. If not, 2-4 more weeks.)
DPS Called me: 3/21 (Background check looks good, need to get the photo attached from the DL system, should be sending it out Friday or early next week.)
Website change: still waiting...
LTC in hand: still waiting...

Where can I find out who the state rep is? What did you say in the email to the state rep? I got my confirmation 1/21/16. Thank you in advance
You can just Google "who is my state rep" and email from their website. I basically said it'd been over 60 days, that I had seen on the internets that the state rep could expedite things, and that I respectfully requested that service, if they'd be so kind. And they were; they even called back to let me know they'd been in touch with DPS and to let them know if they could do anything else to assist me. I guess they know gun owners vote. ;-)

Interestingly, a lady from DPS called me yesterday evening to tell me that they couldn't expedite my request. As she was talking to me, I guess she saw on her computer screen/call log that I had been called earlier in the day. She asked if it was a man who called. I answered that it was, and that he had told me it should be sent out Friday or early next week. She told me the only man in the dept. who would be making outbound calls was a manager, and that his word trumped hers. So I guess I'm still on for plastic next week. I sure hope so, anyway. My brother, who took the class and applied with me, is now contacting his rep as well...

-j
NRA Life Member

sweatmachine
Posts in topic: 88

Post by sweatmachine »

I logged on to check my status late last night, just after midnight, and saw no update. I logged on this morning, on my 92nd day of wait, about 7:45 and saw some glorious new options laid before me.

S T A T U S C H A N G E ! ! !

:anamatedbanana :hurry: :coolgleamA: :biggrinjester: :mrgreen: :txflag: :fire

Now to start stalking my mailman! Thanks for all the support friends! I'll report back once plastic hits my palms.

TangoX-ray
Posts in topic: 10

Post by TangoX-ray »

sweatmachine wrote:I logged on to check my status late last night, just after midnight, and saw no update. I logged on this morning, on my 92nd day of wait, about 7:45 and saw some glorious new options laid before me.

Now to start stalking my mailman! Thanks for all the support friends! I'll report back once plastic hits my palms.
:thewave :woohoo
Native Texan :txflag: Philippians 2:3-4

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training." - Archiloches (650 BC)

UncleBubbs
Posts in topic: 3

Post by UncleBubbs »

TangoX-ray wrote:
sweatmachine wrote:I logged on to check my status late last night, just after midnight, and saw no update. I logged on this morning, on my 92nd day of wait, about 7:45 and saw some glorious new options laid before me.

:thewave :woohoo
Whaaaa....congrats! Long awaited and great news to hear. Get ready for a stroll through Walmart. Be safe and again congrats!

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Flightmare »

Just spoke with Reggie. He said I should see my plastic in 7-10 days. I was all-in on 1/21/16. Hopefully soon time for a Wally Walk
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

jwadams19
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jwadams19 »

After seeing sweatmachines post - it gave me motivation to check again this morning.....

STATUS CHANGE!

All in confirmation date of 12/30/15. My wife and I submitted the same day, same timeline, her status changed this morning as well.

sweatmachine
Posts in topic: 88

Post by sweatmachine »

jwadams19 wrote:After seeing sweatmachines post - it gave me motivation to check again this morning.....

STATUS CHANGE!

All in confirmation date of 12/30/15. My wife and I submitted the same day, same timeline, her status changed this morning as well.

YES! It's so nice to see late December finally getting some love! Maybe I was the clog for all of y'all.

Congrats! :txflag: :txflag: :txflag:

TexasSully
Posts in topic: 17

Post by TexasSully »

Congratulations

Gixxer2k4
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Gixxer2k4 »

:anamatedbanana

Congratulations folks!

mental_midget
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mental_midget »

Long time reader, first time to post.

Class 3-5-2016
Application paid 3-6-2016
Fingerprints 3-9-2016
Confirmation 3-10-2016
Called DPS (and got through to confirm all paperwork received) 3-18-2016

Was told it is about a 6 week wait right now

Will post updates

mouse52
Posts in topic: 11

Post by mouse52 »

Guess we are about the same time line sent in on sun night the 13 I think so been wondering whether to call or not. Don't want to clog up system for people ahead of me guess just be patient and wait my turn.Mike
Semper Fi and carry on. :patriot:

Turban cowboy
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Turban cowboy »

ifpo238 wrote:
Turban cowboy wrote:
ifpo238 wrote:Prints taken: 1/12
Docs submitted thru website: 1/12
Prints rec'd by DPS: 1/14
RDS email confirming docs rec'd: 1/22
Emailed state rep for help: 3/16
Call from DPS: 3/18 (Apparently, the email to state rep did something. They're going to see if there's anything they can do to expedite. If so, I'll hear back in a couple of days. If not, 2-4 more weeks.)
DPS Called me: 3/21 (Background check looks good, need to get the photo attached from the DL system, should be sending it out Friday or early next week.)
Website change: still waiting...
LTC in hand: still waiting...

Where can I find out who the state rep is? What did you say in the email to the state rep? I got my confirmation 1/21/16. Thank you in advance
You can just Google "who is my state rep" and email from their website. I basically said it'd been over 60 days, that I had seen on the internets that the state rep could expedite things, and that I respectfully requested that service, if they'd be so kind. And they were; they even called back to let me know they'd been in touch with DPS and to let them know if they could do anything else to assist me. I guess they know gun owners vote. ;-)

Interestingly, a lady from DPS called me yesterday evening to tell me that they couldn't expedite my request. As she was talking to me, I guess she saw on her computer screen/call log that I had been called earlier in the day. She asked if it was a man who called. I answered that it was, and that he had told me it should be sent out Friday or early next week. She told me the only man in the dept. who would be making outbound calls was a manager, and that his word trumped hers. So I guess I'm still on for plastic next week. I sure hope so, anyway. My brother, who took the class and applied with me, is now contacting his rep as well...

-j
Well I sent my firs email to the state rep from Dwnton, Myra Crownover.

I said:

Good morning Mrs. Crownover.

I am a student at University of North Texas, and was hoping you could be of assistance. I was told contacting my state rep. could expedite the process for my LTC. I respectfully request that if you would be so kind as to contact DPS/RDS and inquire about where my application currently stands, I would greatly appreciate it.

Confirmation email: 1/21/16
Full name: <Name>
DOB: <Date of Birth>

Let's see where this goes. Thanks again!

MWilliams66
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MWilliams66 »

Congatulations Sweatmachine and all whose status changed this morning, I'm glad to see your wait is almost over. :cheers2: :anamatedbanana

My status changed this morning as well, looks like RSD is stating to get caught up on Dec and Jan applications.
my confirmation was Jan 4
Status change March 22
78 calendar days
52 business days
:woohoo :thewave
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
-Albert Einstein

Marvel281
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Marvel281 »

Way to go boss. Hope you get them soon.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”