"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

WilliePete
Posts in topic: 16

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by WilliePete »

I was fingerprinted, attended class, and thought I submitted all my forms, via Internet in the middle of December, on or about the 19th. I never received a confirmation email nor did I suspect I should get one. Waited 6 weeks and called DPS. They told me they never received my paperwork. Resubmitted my paperwork and this time got an email on Feb 15th, I believe. After reading other posts it looks like I am in for a long wait.

Katy Tx
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Katy Tx »

I've been following this site for a few weeks. So here's my timeline:
App sent in 11/28
Fingerprints 12/23
Class and RDS confirmation 12/30
Contacted DPS via phone mid-February and was told all my info was received, and they were EXTREMELY backed up. Specifically, they had just started processing December's applicants and if they had any issues they would communicate via US Post Office...I haven't bothered them since...

As of today...still waiting...
No web site change, no mail...
Be patient.

Update: broke down and called DPS today, was told I've been approved. Website changed this afternoon, was told to expect license in the mail anyday...
Last edited by Katy Tx on Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arbee
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Arbee »

Arbee wrote:Confirmation on Dec 14
Confirmation for additional information Feb 17
Called today and was told it was sent to print this morning Mar 15, allow 14 days to process.
Website has not changed.
Don't know if I believe it.
My website changed this evening. 3/18/2016

Hardline
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Hardline »

Mailed 12-12-15
Plastic in hand 3-16-16

TTplinker
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TTplinker »

Ok so here is my timeline:
LTC confirmation Dec. 9th
fingerprint processing Dec. 11th
LTC class Jan. 2nd, 2016
Online submissions completed Jan 4th, 2016

Inquiried about status after 10 weeks

Absolutely nothing... So far. :banghead:

Gnamaree02
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Gnamaree02 »

HDGator wrote:Well here I am at 68 days and have received numerous different answers as to what and when this might happen.
I chose to contact my representative. No response...
I then chose to contact the Governor's office. 2 days of silence and then an email. Email stated that they would have someone from DPS contact me. I received that email this morning. This afternoon I received a call. Apparently they are working my app in the immediate time frame. Could be done next week?
Met me know WHAT inmediate is to you. I got a call and was told 2-4 WEEKS till they TOUCH it!!

TJ78676
Posts in topic: 12

Post by TJ78676 »

Mr. Bean wrote:
TJ78676 wrote:CHL Timeline:
Completed online application: 12/29/15
CHL class: 12/29/15
Email confirmation 12/29/15
Fingerprinting 1/4/16
Web Site changed: 3/19/16
Plastic in hand: not yet
I have requested a status on their website twice , have never called them, but have not received any reply to either request.
You may be with a group of us who applied during that time who, instead of Christmas, got Pass Over.
Web Site changed today. Hopefully, if as others have claimed, Plastic will follow shortly?
Last edited by TJ78676 on Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

HDGator
Posts in topic: 14

Post by HDGator »

Gnamaree02 wrote:
HDGator wrote:Well here I am at 68 days and have received numerous different answers as to what and when this might happen.
I chose to contact my representative. No response...
I then chose to contact the Governor's office. 2 days of silence and then an email. Email stated that they would have someone from DPS contact me. I received that email this morning. This afternoon I received a call. Apparently they are working my app in the immediate time frame. Could be done next week?
Met me know WHAT inmediate is to you. I got a call and was told 2-4 WEEKS till they TOUCH it!!
I was told the they were going to process it that day and possibly plastic in hand this week.

I am not holding my breath.

ifpo238
Posts in topic: 26

Post by ifpo238 »

Prints taken: 1/12
Docs submitted thru website: 1/12
Prints rec'd by DPS: 1/14
RDS email confirming docs rec'd: 1/22
Emailed state rep for help: 3/16
Call from DPS: 3/18 (Apparently, the email to state rep did something. They're going to see if there's anything they can do to expedite. If so, I'll hear back in a couple of days. If not, 2-4 more weeks.)
DPS Called me: 3/21 (Background check looks good, need to get the photo attached from the DL system, should be sending it out Friday or early next week.)
Website change: still waiting...
LTC in hand: still waiting...
NRA Life Member

RockinU

Post by RockinU »

This may frustrate the long-timers in here, but for the sake of accurate and timely information:

4 of us took the class together

All of us were "all in" 2/08/2016

We received confirmation on 2/09 or 2/10

Today, 3/21/2016 one of us received plastic, 2 of us have website change, and one of us has nothing.

I'm sure the wait is frustrating guys...hang in there.

UncleBubbs

Post by UncleBubbs »

I had my confirmation email on December 30 and received plastic today March 21.

For the remaining December applicants hang in there! "This is the week" as we have all been saying.

A bit of info, how accurate it is I'm not sure, but worth sharing. My brother called in about two weeks ago. The person he talked to said that they did hire on more people in the department, but that was to get the ball rolling on the January/February applicants. The December applicants were left in the hands of the old faithfuls. This could explain why many of us December applicants were seeing January applicants getting theirs before us.

:cheers2:

sweatmachine
Posts in topic: 88

Post by sweatmachine »

All in 12/21, still waiting. Today is calendar day 91, tomorrow is 60 business days.

I received a call from DPS last Wednesday, after calling my state reps. DPS said they'd have it to me "in about a week" so I'm going wait as patiently as I can until Friday.

If no movement happens by Friday I'm getting on the phone to my reps again.

We're way past B. S. here. :smash:

TJ78676
Posts in topic: 12

Post by TJ78676 »

TJ78676 wrote:
Mr. Bean wrote:
TJ78676 wrote:CHL Timeline:
Completed online application: 12/29/15
CHL class: 12/29/15
Email confirmation 12/29/15
Fingerprinting 1/4/16
Web Site changed: 3/19/16
Plastic in hand: not yet
I have requested a status on their website twice , have never called them, but have not received any reply to either request.
You may be with a group of us who applied during that time who, instead of Christmas, got Pass Over.
Web Site changed today. Hopefully, if as others have claimed, Plastic will follow shortly?
Well, so much for those that had website change and plastic the next day.
No soup today!

GlassG19
Posts in topic: 198

Post by GlassG19 »

Hang in there Sweat! Soon...
:txflag:
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

Turban cowboy
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Turban cowboy »

ifpo238 wrote:Prints taken: 1/12
Docs submitted thru website: 1/12
Prints rec'd by DPS: 1/14
RDS email confirming docs rec'd: 1/22
Emailed state rep for help: 3/16
Call from DPS: 3/18 (Apparently, the email to state rep did something. They're going to see if there's anything they can do to expedite. If so, I'll hear back in a couple of days. If not, 2-4 more weeks.)
DPS Called me: 3/21 (Background check looks good, need to get the photo attached from the DL system, should be sending it out Friday or early next week.)
Website change: still waiting...
LTC in hand: still waiting...

Where can I find out who the state rep is? What did you say in the email to the state rep? I got my confirmation 1/21/16. Thank you in advance

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”