"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

OfficerBarbrady
Posts in topic: 8

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by OfficerBarbrady »

zencurry wrote:I think it is a little funny, actually, that the year I decide to get a CHL/TLC is the same year that apparently every other Texan decided to get one and at the very same time. I think about this and I think about the day when this backlog clears up and it will be near impossible to throw a stick without hitting a licensed carrier. I don't know about you folks, but that makes me feel just a bit better about things; knowing that this state is essentially an independent militia waiting to mobilize. I hope that this sudden landslide of licensees makes National and Global news. I hope that everyone in world knows that every Texan carries a gun and we take care of our own. God, Bless Texas!

My dad had been telling me to get my license for years and I kept putting it off. It stinks to wait so long with the overflow of apps, but to piggy-back on what you said, it's nice to know there are going to be more good guys out on the streets after this year.

:txflag: :fire

mouse52
Posts in topic: 11

Post by mouse52 »

I agree, Sure hope that we do 1.25 that would be outstanding. Mike :hurry:
Semper Fi and carry on. :patriot:

merrittj214
Posts in topic: 9

Post by merrittj214 »

I was "all in " on 1/21/16 (email all documents received). I still don't have anything, so today I called.

I had to redial about 6 times, which is super lucky if I am to believe the folks on here. Once I got through to hold music instead of the hang up and call back later message, I spent 20 minutes on hold. No biggie.

A super nice guy answered and looked me up by my Texas DL number. He said they are processing at about a two month delay at the moment and that I am right on the cusp of that. He said I may get it by the end of this month or mid April at the latest.

The advice about checking the website daily was also given to me by the RSD. He said most likely what will happen is the message about a pending application will disappear and it'll go back to looking like you never submitted anything. He said not to be alarmed because that means the system no longer thinks the application is pending because it has been processed.

So worst case is 4/15 and best case is next week. I'll take that!

PS, He also said the IT guys are updating the system to provide more information about the status and expected wait, but that those updates will not be in place for a few months. Those of us on here now will probably never benefit from the website enhancements, but the waitlisters of the future will.

meyerch5
Posts in topic: 64

Post by meyerch5 »

I have the same all in date (1/21). Monday is 60 days. I have yet to call, but I will on Monday. Then, it will be a contact of State Rep. I don't think that will help me any, but I hope it will shine a light on the system and help others in the future.

Gnamaree02
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Gnamaree02 »

OfficerBarbrady wrote:
zencurry wrote:I think it is a little funny, actually, that the year I decide to get a CHL/TLC is the same year that apparently every other Texan decided to get one and at the very same time. I think about this and I think about the day when this backlog clears up and it will be near impossible to throw a stick without hitting a licensed carrier. I don't know about you folks, but that makes me feel just a bit better about things; knowing that this state is essentially an independent militia waiting to mobilize. I hope that this sudden landslide of licensees makes National and Global news. I hope that everyone in world knows that every Texan carries a gun and we take care of our own. God, Bless Texas!

My dad had been telling me to get my license for years and I kept putting it off. It stinks to wait so long with the overflow of apps, but to piggy-back on what you said, it's nice to know there are going to be more good guys out on the streets after this year.

:fire My husband is sitting here next to me saying he thinks it's funny we're on this board, all up in arms (no pun intended), about the waiting for our license. He says "I've got mine, so I don't give two F*** about how long it takes you." :mad5 He'd been telling me for years as well to get myself in gear and get my CHL. This time, I did everything myself, including my practice without him the night before! :fire
On a positive note, it's nice to hear a lighter side of the coin for once. Texas Independent Militia. :txflag:

Bayoutalker
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Bayoutalker »

We received an email on January 21 confirming they had received all of our documents. After a few weeks wait we called and the person we spoke to said they showed everything was in by January 16 and it shouldn't take much longer but they were saying 60 days instead of the 6 weeks on the email. Yesterday was 60 days and still no change. I didn't spend the time to call today as it seems there is no rhyme or reason to the answers they have given to others on this board. The common denominator in all of them is to keep waiting with estimates of a couple weeks to a couple months.

Today I sent an email to my state rep asking for assistance. We'll see if he helps our does nothing at all.
Cliff H.
Beaumont, TX

mouse52

Post by mouse52 »

Gnamaree02 wrote:
OfficerBarbrady wrote:

:fire My husband is sitting here next to me saying he thinks it's funny we're on this board, all up in arms (no pun intended), about the waiting for our license. He says "I've got mine, so I don't give two F*** about how long it takes you." :mad5 He'd been telling me for years as well to get myself in gear and get my CHL. This time, I did everything myself, including my practice without him the night before! :fire
On a positive note, it's nice to hear a lighter side of the coin for once. Texas Independent Militia. :txflag:
Tell him I do like his style, been a long time procrastinating myself, don't like the looks of the politics now so welcome aboard.Mike

mparks217
Posts in topic: 8

Post by mparks217 »

Bayoutalker wrote:We received an email on January 21 confirming they had received all of our documents. After a few weeks wait we called and the person we spoke to said they showed everything was in by January 16 and it shouldn't take much longer but they were saying 60 days instead of the 6 weeks on the email. Yesterday was 60 days and still no change. I didn't spend the time to call today as it seems there is no rhyme or reason to the answers they have given to others on this board. The common denominator in all of them is to keep waiting with estimates of a couple weeks to a couple months.

Today I sent an email to my state rep asking for assistance. We'll see if he helps our does nothing at all.
Im all in December 28 and I still don't have plastic. You are not alone.

Minus7shooter
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Minus7shooter »

Hello everyone.

I see some people's posts state that they received a confirmation email following the submission of their CHL class paperwork. Here is my timeline.

1/21 Submit online application. Receive email from DPS with barcode
2/1 Completed fingerprinting, received email from MorphoTrust
2/1 Submitted completed class certificate online with DPS. DID NOT RECEIVE EMAIL OF ANY KIND FROM DPS following submittal.

Now waiting. Should I be concerned about not seeing an email from them saying that all information needed has been received? I would hate to wait 60+ days and then find out my clock hasn't even started.

Thanks all.

mouse52

Post by mouse52 »

Minus7shooter wrote:Hello everyone.

I see some people's posts state that they received a confirmation email following the submission of their CHL class paperwork. Here is my timeline.

2/1 Submitted completed class certificate online with DPS. DID NOT RECEIVE EMAIL OF ANY KIND FROM DPS following submittal.

Now waiting. Should I be concerned about not seeing an email from them saying that all information needed has been received? I would hate to wait 60+ days and then find out my clock hasn't even started.

Thanks all.
I by no means am an expert only with everyone else but wife and I put both in at same time only 1 email from rsd saying submitted. Mike

Mavs00
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Mavs00 »

Minus7shooter wrote:Hello everyone.

Thanks all.
Well, its your choice of course, but personally... I think that you answered your own question with the last line. If you submitted online, you should have gotten something. Most others did... even if it was delayed. I was "all in" on Jan 15 and did not see anything for about a week, so I called and the rep confirmed that all my stuff was in and it looked good. I then received an email confirmation a few minutes later. If you were all in on the 2/1 that will be your "clock start" day. I have since confirmed that 1/15 is my clock date, but little good that does me at this point. Sitting at 63 days with nothing. :banghead:

Personally, it can't hurt to call and confirm that all your stuff is in since you did not receive any confirmation.

HDGator
Posts in topic: 14

Post by HDGator »

Well here I am at 68 days and have received numerous different answers as to what and when this might happen.
I chose to contact my representative. No response...
I then chose to contact the Governor's office. 2 days of silence and then an email. Email stated that they would have someone from DPS contact me. I received that email this morning. This afternoon I received a call. Apparently they are working my app in the immediate time frame. Could be done next week?

handgunNoob
Posts in topic: 2

Post by handgunNoob »

So, it's been almost 8 weeks since I got the confirmation DPS received all my documents. Still no status change on the site. Should I contact someone now or has everyone else been waiting longer than advertised for their CHL to get in?

ifpo238
Posts in topic: 26

Post by ifpo238 »

handgunNoob wrote:So, it's been almost 8 weeks since I got the confirmation DPS received all my documents. Still no status change on the site. Should I contact someone now or has everyone else been waiting longer than advertised for their CHL to get in?
We are in the same boat.

Prints taken: 1/12
Docs submitted thru website: 1/12
Prints rec'd by DPS: 1/14
RDS email confirming docs rec'd: 1/22 (8 weeks ago today)
Emailed state rep for help: 3/16
Call from DPS: 3/18 (Apparently, the email to state rep did something. They're going to see if there's anything they can do to expedite. If so, I'll hear back in a couple of days. If not, 2-4 more weeks.)
Website change: still waiting...
LTC in hand: still waiting...
NRA Life Member

sweatmachine
Posts in topic: 88

Post by sweatmachine »

12/21 here...still waiting...88 days...no status change...'bout to lose my mind... :smash: :smash: :smash:

My state rep got involved this week, and DPS called me to let me know "it might be in my hands in about a week" so we'll see if that was just a lot of hot air in a few days. I'm ready to get up out of this waiting room! :fire

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”