"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

sm000
Posts in topic: 7

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by sm000 »

I put a countdown widget on my phone, and I think I may have slowed time down for myself and everybody. I'm sorry. I'm deleting it as we speak. And I advise everyone not to do that. It just reminds you over and over many times a day how slow this process is. :smilelol5:

Tjf328
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Tjf328 »

I'm at 10 weeks
72 total days
52 business days and still waiting. I want to call and see were they are at on my application but will scream if I get the stock answer. It's to early to say. :mad5

Gnamaree02
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Gnamaree02 »

Ronnie 214 wrote:Plastic in mail today! Patience my friends.
:thewave
:fire

PhilBob
Posts in topic: 9

Post by PhilBob »

Gnamaree02 wrote: Oh and the 12w mark now begins at the Confirmation of FINGERPRINTS REC'D. FOR NEWBIES, My Timeline:

App: 1/6
Class: 1/10
Email Conf: 1/11
Fingerprints: 1/13
Fingerprints Email Conf: 1/15
My timeline:

2/26 - Application submitted on line (DPS Confirmed 2/26)
3/3 - Fingerprinted
3/4 - received email from IdentoGO on 3/4 with transaction #, etc.
3/13 - LTC and range qual
3/13 - Submitted CHL-100 and DD214 electronically
3/14 - DPS acknowledged receiving supporting documents.

I did not / have not received an email from DPS regarding fingerprints. Am I supposed to have gotten one or are you referring to the email from IdentoGO?

Gnamaree02

Post by Gnamaree02 »

PhilBob wrote:
Gnamaree02 wrote: Oh and the 12w mark now begins at the Confirmation of FINGERPRINTS REC'D. FOR NEWBIES, My Timeline:

App: 1/6
Class: 1/10
Email Conf: 1/11
Fingerprints: 1/13
Fingerprints Email Conf: 1/15
My timeline:

2/26 - Application submitted on line (DPS Confirmed 2/26)
3/3 - Fingerprinted
3/4 - received email from IdentoGO on 3/4 with transaction #, etc.
3/13 - LTC and range qual
3/13 - Submitted CHL-100 and DD214 electronically
3/14 - DPS acknowledged receiving supporting documents.

I did not / have not received an email from DPS regarding fingerprints. Am I supposed to have gotten one or are you referring to the email from IdentoGO?
I believe I got an email from DPS saying that received my fingerprints yet looking back in my box I can't find it now. :mad5 However, Christina at DPS told me LAST NIGHT that I needed to count 1/15 as the start date of counting 12w before hearing ANYTHING. :mad5

ifpo238
Posts in topic: 26

Post by ifpo238 »

PhilBob wrote:I did not / have not received an email from DPS regarding fingerprints. Am I supposed to have gotten one or are you referring to the email from IdentoGO?
I didn't get any confirmation, but they had my prints when I called. Communication on where applicants are in the process is not their strong suit.

Hang in there.
NRA Life Member

rolson1116
Posts in topic: 5

Post by rolson1116 »

I just wanted to thank everyone for their stories, advice, and support. Plastic came in the mail today!

Gnamaree02

Post by Gnamaree02 »

rolson1116 wrote:I just wanted to thank everyone for their stories, advice, and support. Plastic came in the mail today!
:thewave
:woohoo
:fire

Springer88
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Springer88 »

What is this website change everyone is talking about?

ifpo238
Posts in topic: 26

Post by ifpo238 »

If you go to
https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/chl/
and log on with your driver's license # and birthdate, you'll see a page that says:
LICENSE APPLICATION STATUS: If you have a pending License to Carry a Handgun application, please allow sufficient time for processing. If you have not already done so, please submit all of the items listed on the checklist you received. DPS will notify you by mail if further information or additional documents are required.
I believe that, once the license is approved/shipped, that language changes. It hasn't happened for me, yet...

-j
NRA Life Member

sweatmachine
Posts in topic: 88

Post by sweatmachine »

ifpo238 wrote: I believe that, once the license is approved/shipped, that language changes. It hasn't happened for me, yet...

-j
The language doesn't change, but additional options appear (to change your address, renew your license, etc).

sig202255
Posts in topic: 12

Post by sig202255 »

It is 70 days today and calling your State Rep does nothing other than getting a call from DPS stating it will be at least 2 to 4 more weeks but no promises, due to the volume of new applications. When I stated that some people were getting their plastic in the 60 day time frame that had snail mailed she had no answer just wait.

We are at the mercy of DPS they have no oversight they have total control and could care less if and when you get your plastic, I ask about an expedited process but she said they get thousands request a day and that will not happen, you get it when you get it!

I thought this forum would help with my frustration but at this point reading about others good fortune or misery only makes it worse.

Take care, I am out!!!

zencurry
Posts in topic: 27

Post by zencurry »

I think it is a little funny, actually, that the year I decide to get a CHL/TLC is the same year that apparently every other Texan decided to get one and at the very same time. I think about this and I think about the day when this backlog clears up and it will be near impossible to throw a stick without hitting a licensed carrier. I don't know about you folks, but that makes me feel just a bit better about things; knowing that this state is essentially an independent militia waiting to mobilize. I hope that this sudden landslide of licensees makes National and Global news. I hope that everyone in world knows that every Texan carries a gun and we take care of our own. God, Bless Texas!

sweatmachine
Posts in topic: 88

Post by sweatmachine »

I'm pretty sure the world knows that we Texans love our guns!

:smilelol5: :txflag: :fire

TangoX-ray
Posts in topic: 10

Post by TangoX-ray »

I bet we'll be at 1.25 million LTC holders by the end of the year.
Native Texan :txflag: Philippians 2:3-4

"We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training." - Archiloches (650 BC)

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”