"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

OfficerBarbrady
Posts in topic: 8

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by OfficerBarbrady »

First time poster..on calendar day 62 here. Got impatient and called Austin, after a 25 min wait, talked to a nice woman who actually called me back when we got disconnected. She said they have hired more staff specifically to work on LTC apps. She said if I didn't hear anything at the 90 day mark to call back.... :txflag:

sweatmachine
Posts in topic: 88

Post by sweatmachine »

OfficerBarbrady wrote:First time poster..on calendar day 62 here. Got impatient and called Austin, after a 25 min wait, talked to a nice woman who actually called me back when we got disconnected. She said they have hired more staff specifically to work on LTC apps. She said if I didn't hear anything at the 90 day mark to call back.... :txflag:
First, excellent screen name.

Second, if you don't hear something in the next 2 weeks call your state representative and explain to them that DPS/RSD is dragging their feet. Calling DPS will get you nowhere. Your state rep will go up the ladder and hold DPS accountable!

corkman
Posts in topic: 2

Post by corkman »

I'm at day 65 today, received email confirmation on 01/11/2016. Sent email today to RDS asking to expedite. Will see if does anything.

Gnamaree02
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Gnamaree02 »

DaddyWilson wrote:Just FYI,

Submitted everything online Jan 5, 2016.
Saw website change 3/14/2016. (Could have happened days prior to me checking.)
Got phone confirmation LTC was approved/issued 3/11/2016.

:txflag: :woohoo: :tiphat:
:cheers2: congrats

Bayoutalker
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Bayoutalker »

corkman wrote:I'm at day 65 today, received email confirmation on 01/11/2016. Sent email today to RDS asking to expedite. Will see if does anything.

Good luck with that. They have never answered any of the emails that my wife and I have sent. We are at day 60 today since they received our docs and no change so far.
Cliff H.
Beaumont, TX

Kenneth77
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Kenneth77 »

Gnamaree02 wrote:
DaddyWilson wrote:Just FYI,

Submitted everything online Jan 5, 2016.
Saw website change 3/14/2016. (Could have happened days prior to me checking.)
Got phone confirmation LTC was approved/issued 3/11/2016.

:txflag: :woohoo: :tiphat:
:cheers2: congrats
Thats good because i am not to far behind you , can you imagine if some people had to wait this long to get their food stamps or any type of gov help .....their would be an uprising and would get changed fast .
leeproductsonline.com

Mavs00
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Mavs00 »

sweatmachine wrote:
OfficerBarbrady wrote:First time poster..on calendar day 62 here. Got impatient and called Austin, after a 25 min wait, talked to a nice woman who actually called me back when we got disconnected. She said they have hired more staff specifically to work on LTC apps. She said if I didn't hear anything at the 90 day mark to call back.... :txflag:

Second, if you don't hear something in the next 2 weeks call your state representative and explain to them that DPS/RSD is dragging their feet. Calling DPS will get you nowhere. Your state rep will go up the ladder and hold DPS accountable!
60 days is 60 days. With all due respect to Mr. Sweat :tiphat: I would respectfully suggest you not bother waiting an additional 2 weeks until day 76, it likely won't help. I called last on Day 56 (8 weeks to the day) and was told "hasn't even been touched, call back in 30 days". That is what most of us that call are being told at this point. If I were you, I'd just go ahead a let your State Rep know anytime now. I'm on your exact timeline (day 61) and I plan on doing so as well.

Sweat is the resident "Sr. TXLTCF Waiting Room" veteran, so he gets to run it on up to the Gov's office at this point. :shock: But, for us lowly "60-70 day" warriors, just a friendly "Hey, can you look into my LTC application" friendly email inquiry to our state rep should hopefully get us out from under the pile. 60 days is 60 days, if you reached that point, no sense in waiting another 14-30 days IMO. You are well within your rights to inquiry now.

p.s. Just busting your stones Sweat. I know I speak for everyone in the "waiting room" in hoping you get your plastic ASAP. Best of luck to you sir. :tiphat:
Last edited by Mavs00 on Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ronnie 214
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Ronnie 214 »

Plastic in mail today! Patience my friends.

toddbeck
Posts in topic: 3

Post by toddbeck »

toddbeck wrote:So grateful for your reports, folks. My wife's application went in 12/30 and no response yet. I've been calling (usually early morning and mid-day) for a couple of weeks but always get the "we're too busy to talk (click, hang up)" message. But if others in late December are still waiting, then hopefully her app didn't get lost. I don't mind the delay. I mind not at least having confirmation that they have everything. (Never got that email, either.)

Thanks for keeping us informed of your progress!
Finally today got through on the phone. Very nice lady confirmed that they have everything they need from my wife but are just backlogged. I noted that some of you who applied more recently already had your plastic. She said they hired a bunch more people and assigned some to start working new requests while the rest work the backlog. So, naturally, some of the most recent folks will get cards first. (That explains the roulette wheel.) It's been 80 days, and not sure where my wife is in the queue.

sweatmachine

Post by sweatmachine »

Mavs00 wrote: p.s. Just busting your stones Sweat. I know I speak for everyone in the "waiting room" in hoping you get your plastic ASAP. Best of luck to you sir. :tiphat:
No worries. Thanks buddy! Best of luck to you, too!

sweatmachine

Post by sweatmachine »

toddbeck wrote:
Finally today got through on the phone. Very nice lady confirmed that they have everything they need from my wife but are just backlogged. I noted that some of you who applied more recently already had your plastic. She said they hired a bunch more people and assigned some to start working new requests while the rest work the backlog. So, naturally, some of the most recent folks will get cards first. (That explains the roulette wheel.) It's been 80 days, and not sure where my wife is in the queue.
If it's been 80 days I'd contact your state rep. Otherwise, who knows how long you'll be waiting? If they're backlogged the reps need to know about it.

Gnamaree02

Post by Gnamaree02 »

Mavs00 wrote:
sweatmachine wrote:

60 days is 60 days. With all due respect to Mr. Sweat :tiphat: I would respectfully suggest you not bother waiting an additional 2 weeks until day 76, it likely won't help. I called last on Day 56 (8 weeks to the day) and was told "hasn't even been touched, call back in 30 days". That is what most of us that call are being told at this point. If I were you, I'd just go ahead a let your State Rep know anytime now. I'm on your exact timeline (day 61) and I plan on doing so as well.

Sweat is the resident "Sr. TXLTCF Waiting Room" veteran, so he gets to run it on up to the Gov's office at this point. :shock: But, for us lowly "60-70 day" warriors, just a friendly "Hey, can you look into my LTC application" friendly email inquiry to our state rep should hopefully get us out from under the pile. 60 days is 60 days, if you reached that point, no sense in waiting another 14-30 days IMO. You are well within your rights to inquiry now.

p.s. Just busting your stones Sweat. I know I speak for everyone in the "waiting room" in hoping you get your plastic ASAP. Best of luck to you sir. :tiphat:
No friggin kidding! Day 69 here from app or 66 from conf email and same ol same song!

Gnamaree02

Post by Gnamaree02 »

:rules: So... I just got off the phone with Christina. Haven't spoken with her yet. She was very hospitable and charming, yet her response, "Please WAIT 12 weeks Till you expect an answer. We're processing applications for everyone in the BIG OL STATE OF TEXAS. We get 1000s a day." I asked twice, in two different ways, what or why could be the reason that people who applied 3 to 6 weeks AFTER me have received their license, she said SHE DID NOT KNOW! Emphatically. :waiting: :banghead: :confused5
Oh and the 12w mark now begins at the Confirmation of FINGERPRINTS REC'D. FOR NEWBIES, My Timeline:

App: 1/6
Class: 1/10
Email Conf: 1/11
Fingerprints: 1/13
Fingerprints Email Conf: 1/15

I'm in 9w since Email Conf. I thanked her, but told her I'd be calling back in 3w if I received NADA in the mailbox. Still Christina must be a Newbie in RDS/DPS. SHE SOUNDS TOO FRESH & KINDLY. :biggrinjester:

thaidragon
Posts in topic: 4

Post by thaidragon »

I have a long ways to go. I just submitted my chl 100 on monday. Guess I shouldn't expect a answer till about may or June :(

mrettin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mrettin »

Got confirmation email on the 4th of January. Uploaded through their website.
Was told today by Daniel(?) that they have no record of that on their system and that even if they do find my files, it will be 2-3 months before I see my plastic.

Good job, DPS.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”