"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

sweatmachine
Posts in topic: 88

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by sweatmachine »

BaylorDad wrote:Anyone find it odd that the most left-wing, liberal county in Texas is the one responsible for issuing CHL's? Coincidence?
Uh, because it's the state capital and that's where all state documents and IDs are processed?

We're all frustrated with the wait, but don't invent conspiracies here.

:banghead: :txflag: :fire

Ronix9080
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Ronix9080 »

Day 65. No status change. My father and I sent our documents in at the same time. I'm curious to know if we get our plastic same time as well.

Gnamaree02
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Gnamaree02 »

Newbie 101 wrote:
Gnamaree02 wrote:
Newbie 101 wrote:
Newbie 101 wrote:My Timeline so far:

Online App: 1-21-16
CHL class: 1-23-16
Finger Print: 1-25-16
Snail Mail Docs: 1-25-16
RDS Recd Docs: 1-29-16
Website Change: 3-11-16
LTC in Hand: ????

Exactly 30 business days.
LTC in hand: 3-12-16
One day after the website changed

31 total business days!

:anamatedbanana :txflag:
Congrats! :thewave

Now... Wth!!! :banghead: :deadhorse: :cup: :twisted:
I think by me sending it snail mail may have helped my timeline. Hangin there....it'll come before you know it! :thumbs2: :txflag:
I'm coming to believe the same thing: that DPS workers haven't fully automated to the 21st century. Mrs Oleson still trades eggs for sugar at the General Store in Walnut Grove.

Newbie 101
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Newbie 101 »

Gnamaree02 wrote:
Newbie 101 wrote:
Gnamaree02 wrote:
Newbie 101 wrote:
Newbie 101 wrote:My Timeline so far:

Online App: 1-21-16
CHL class: 1-23-16
Finger Print: 1-25-16
Snail Mail Docs: 1-25-16
RDS Recd Docs: 1-29-16
Website Change: 3-11-16
LTC in Hand: ????

Exactly 30 business days.
LTC in hand: 3-12-16
One day after the website changed

31 total business days!

:anamatedbanana :txflag:
Congrats! :thewave

Now... Wth!!! :banghead: :deadhorse: :cup: :twisted:
I think by me sending it snail mail may have helped my timeline. Hangin there....it'll come before you know it! :thumbs2: :txflag:
I'm coming to believe the same thing: that DPS workers haven't fully automated to the 21st century. Mrs Oleson still trades eggs for sugar at the General Store in Walnut Grove.

:tiphat: :lol:

"The Settlers"

Only reason I sent mine snail mail was because I had an out of state driver's license. Yours will come soon!
:fire

zencurry
Posts in topic: 27

Post by zencurry »

Man, I just knew that I would login today and see nothing but mid to late December applicants jumping for joy and celebrating their approval.

Hang in there guys!

Zencurry

sweatmachine

Post by sweatmachine »

zencurry wrote:Man, I just knew that I would login today and see nothing but mid to late December applicants jumping for joy and celebrating their approval.

Hang in there guys!

Zencurry
Not yet, but thanks for the positive thoughts!

sig202255
Posts in topic: 12

Post by sig202255 »

Day 67, nothing on website.

Called for the first time Friday and they said it was in processing, I told them it was over 60 days and they repeated what they tell everybody, so I called my State rep Friday afternoon told them I was at 64 days since they received all docs with email confirmation, they took my information and said they would get some info and email or call back, but haven't heard from State reps office today.

Like everybody else I understand they are busy, but they need to communicate with applicants. If they did there would be less frustration, DPS/RSD have had years to perfect this system even though there has been a huge increase of applications, but they should of expected that being this is Texas!

My friend got his license back in August 2015 and from the time he emailed all document it took 21 days till plastic.

DE1911Texas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by DE1911Texas »

Yes there should be communication because right now there is none. If non government workers worked like this they would be fired, I would have been fired if I did this in military when I was a Master-at-Arms. :nono:

PhilBob
Posts in topic: 9

Post by PhilBob »

If anyone wants some idea of just how busy DPS may be, the place I took my LTC class said they had 470 take the class in 2015. Here it is just mid-March and they have already had 240 come through and take the class.

Does anyone know how the system works once the processing starts? I doubt things go from person A to B to C, etc. An app is probably handed over to one person who follows it all the way through. Maybe agent B who got your app was out sick for a week and the apps assigned to agent B just sits there until he/she gets back. Maybe us seniors get a preference because they fear one of us might croak if it takes too long or maybe because we now have less time to enjoy this right. Maybe the older one is the more of a record one has, more chances to do bad things but proven to be more dependable and trustworthy if with a clean record, while the younger one is the tougher it gets because a young person, just like with credit, has no history to speak of and they have to "dig" more.

Of course, this is all speculation and meant to be humorous. :lol:

GibsonLesPaul
Posts in topic: 14

Post by GibsonLesPaul »

So I just called DPS (6:45pm). The first call hung up from high volume (pretty standard result), but the second time said they were now closed.

Aren't they staying open till 7 these days? Or is there another government holiday I'm not aware of?

sweatmachine

Post by sweatmachine »

GibsonLesPaul wrote:So I just called DPS (6:45pm). The first call hung up from high volume (pretty standard result), but the second time said they were now closed.

Aren't they staying open till 7 these days? Or is there another government holiday I'm not aware of?
"Please allow sufficient time for processing" :nono: :thumbs2: "rlol"

GibsonLesPaul
Posts in topic: 14

Post by GibsonLesPaul »

sweatmachine wrote:
GibsonLesPaul wrote:So I just called DPS (6:45pm). The first call hung up from high volume (pretty standard result), but the second time said they were now closed.

"Please allow sufficient time for processing" :nono: :thumbs2: "rlol"
That should be their slogan. :grumble

91kcolg
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 91kcolg »

Day 63! No change.

Who has been waiting the longest out there?

zimmerdesignz
Posts in topic: 98

Post by zimmerdesignz »

91kcolg wrote:Day 63! No change.

I think sweatmachine had been waiting like 2,134 days are something crazy like that LOL
:tiphat:

sweatmachine

Post by sweatmachine »

91kcolg wrote:Day 63! No change.

I'm at 85 calendar days. No news. No card. No status change. No patience left.

:mad5 :banghead:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”