Abraham wrote:Keith B,

Thanks for the heads up.
:thumbs2:
NRA Endowment Member

Pariah3j
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Baybrook Mall Sign

Post by Pariah3j »

With the mess that is Bay Area Blvd right now, I don't expect I'll be headed to the Baybrook Mall anytime soon.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

WildBill
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WildBill »

Pariah3j wrote:With the mess that is Bay Area Blvd right now, I don't expect I'll be headed to the Baybrook Mall anytime soon.
I drove by there last week. Big time mess!
NRA Endowment Member

jollyman
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jollyman »

Keith B wrote:
Abraham wrote:jollyman,

Security has the authority to do this with the expectation of being obeyed because...?

Or is it one of those situations where anyone can tell anyone else to do something without any authority, but with the hope they're commands will be obeyed?

Or, if they're commands are ignored there's little the can do about it other than huff and puff...?

I have no idea how this type scenario plays out as it doesn't involve a single store where a store employee can rightly tell you OCing is not allowed in their store vs overall mall security issuing the command to 'take it outside'.
I will answer this. All property, including the stores are owned by the mall. The retail spaces, including anchor stores, are only leased from the mall, not owned by the stores company.

So, mall security would have legal authority to give notice to anyone for violation the mall rules and in turn request they leave mall property, including stores. Failure to follow their request would result in police being called and a high potential for a trespassing charge, whether carrying or not.
This is what they are instructed to do; Call the police and let them handle it.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not." -- Thomas Jefferson

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”