"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

AustinAG2005
Posts in topic: 22

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by AustinAG2005 »

zencurry wrote:Ok, clock struck 7:00 am and I hit the dial button. 15 minutes later I was speaking with Tonya and I got the same answer we have all been hearing for some time now. They are still buried under a backlog.

Tonya did say that it was taking them about 12 weeks to process an application--I know this doesn't help.

All that I can say is that I have waited 32 years to get my first Harley (still don't have it yet, I just have the go ahead from the wife (CFO/CEO) for purchase), so, as long as the plastic comes in before the 32 year mark, I should be good.

P.S.
I was wearing my super lucky Dallas Cowboys pajamas when I made this call--if they can't break the spell, then this is some kind of uber-bad-juju. Really, these pajamas prevented the worldwide computer melt down in 2000.

zencurry
Too bad they cant help the Cowboys....

:lol:: :lol:: :lol:: :lol:: :lol::

kkham
Posts in topic: 1

Post by kkham »

:hurry:
Mr. Bean wrote:
sweatmachine wrote:
zencurry wrote:It looks like 12/28 is the lucky day this week! Mr. Bean, Sweatmachine????? Any news yet?
Negative, Ghostrider. :shock:

And I was all in 12/21...
The pattern is full. All in 12/28 and they haven't looked at as of 3/4. :nono:
Emailed confirmation on 12/28.
Called on 3/09 was told approved but will be 1 or 2 week before delivery.
Online status changed today! :hurry:

zencurry
Posts in topic: 27

Post by zencurry »

AustinAG2005 wrote:
zencurry wrote:Ok, clock struck 7:00 am and I hit the dial button. 15 minutes later I was speaking with Tonya and I got the same answer we have all been hearing for some time now. They are still buried under a backlog.

Tonya did say that it was taking them about 12 weeks to process an application--I know this doesn't help.

All that I can say is that I have waited 32 years to get my first Harley (still don't have it yet, I just have the go ahead from the wife (CFO/CEO) for purchase), so, as long as the plastic comes in before the 32 year mark, I should be good.

P.S.
I was wearing my super lucky Dallas Cowboys pajamas when I made this call--if they can't break the spell, then this is some kind of uber-bad-juju. Really, these pajamas prevented the worldwide computer melt down in 2000.

zencurry
Too bad they cant help the Cowboys....

:lol:: :lol:: :lol:: :lol:: :lol::
Well, there are miracles and then there are MIRACLES

Newbie 101
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Newbie 101 »

My Timeline so far:

Online App: 1-21-16
CHL class: 1-23-16
Finger Print: 1-25-16
Snail Mail Docs: 1-25-16
RDS Recd Docs: 1-29-16
Website Change: 3-11-16
LTC in Hand: ????

Exactly 30 business days.

Tjf328
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Tjf328 »

It looks like snail mail was the way to apply not online. I'm at 9 weeks today since I received emal confirmation of all documents received.

Newbie 101
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Newbie 101 »

Tjf328 wrote:It looks like snail mail was the way to apply not online. I'm at 9 weeks today since I received emal confirmation of all documents received.
My friend and I both applied the same time. I sent everything snail mail, while he submitted everything electronically....my website changed and his has not. They told him he still to early to call.

dirtdixon
Posts in topic: 1

Post by dirtdixon »

January applicant here.

My timeline -
CHL Course: 12-28-15
Online App: 12-29-15
Finger Print: 1-5-16
Email Docs: 1-5-16(No Confirmation Email)
Sent Email To RDS: 1-20-16 (Wanted to confirm they received all docs)
RDS Email Response:2-20-16 (Generic Email Response - Allow 8 weeks etc...)
Website Change: 3-08-16
Plastic Received: 3-10-16

This will create more confusion to this process as there are still December applicants waiting....Sorry gentlemen...Hang in there. :confused5

GibsonLesPaul
Posts in topic: 14

Post by GibsonLesPaul »

Jiminy Cricket...DPS told me emailing was the better way. Doesn't look to be the case.

:banghead:

zencurry
Posts in topic: 27

Post by zencurry »

Yeah, looking back on it now, I wish I had sent in my documents via pony express. It seems that the more antiquated the means of delivery the faster they are able to process the application. I wonder if the designee(s) even have computers--that would explain a lot.

Although it does seem to indicate a point at which labor may be divided--physical vs digital. Being a systems engineer, I am curious about their digital set up, it seems that they may have a means of file distribution, e.g. email, file servers, but it seems that they may be lacking any back end systems that actually parse the data they receive. Which got me to thinking about the FBI and how many BGs they are probably having to process a day; which reminded me of NCIS and their supposed access to data systems; which then turned my attention to Star Wars and the apparent lack of tracking of individuals on a galactic basis and before you knew it, I was wondering if I would ever apply for a license to carry a light saber in my lifetime...

Zencurry

Mr. Bean
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Mr. Bean »

zencurry wrote: . . . Which got me to thinking about the FBI and how many BGs they are probably having to process a day; which reminded me of NCIS and their supposed access to data systems; which then turned my attention to Star Wars and the apparent lack of tracking of individuals on a galactic basis and before you knew it, I was wondering if I would ever apply for a license to carry a light saber in my lifetime...

Zencurry
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Fortworth86
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Fortworth86 »

It seems like people get their plastic 2 days after website changes? Mine changed yesterday and Im trying to figure out when I should get mine. Anyone that could chime in would be appreciated.

Gnamaree02
Posts in topic: 104

When does the Website Change?

Post by Gnamaree02 »

I hate becoming obsessed with website changing. Does it only update in the mornings, or is updating multiple times daily?
:waiting: :banghead: :totap: :eek6

sweatmachine
Posts in topic: 88

Re: When does the Website Change?

Post by sweatmachine »

Gnamaree02 wrote:I hate becoming obsessed with website changing. Does it only update in the mornings, or is updating multiple times daily?
:waiting: :banghead: :totap: :eek6
I believe it is updated throughout the day, and even on weekends. Keep obsessing. :biggrinjester:

GibsonLesPaul
Posts in topic: 14

Post by GibsonLesPaul »

I check the site at least ten times a day...I'm a sucker for disappointment.

sweatmachine
Posts in topic: 88

Post by sweatmachine »

GibsonLesPaul wrote:I check the site at least ten times a day...I'm a sucker for disappointment.
It's like a slot machine. "come on baby, one more time, no whammies!"

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”