"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

zimmerdesignz
Posts in topic: 98

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by zimmerdesignz »

GibsonLesPaul wrote:
zimmerdesignz wrote:Application 12/20/15
Class 12/22/15
Email confirmation of receipt 12/22/15
Fingerprints 12/30/15
Online change 3/7/16
Card in hand 3/9/16
Wally Walk, gas and Lowes done!
Were you able to leave Lowe's without spending over $100? I can't seem to master that art yet.
I buy online and walk in to service desk and walk right out to prevent those habbits. I paint custom hard hats and welding helmets for a living and I was there to pick up 2 welding hoods ONLY!!
:tiphat:

Sig Texas
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Sig Texas »

License received today.
Approx. 50 days.
"Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reason.” - Mark Twain

GlassG19
Posts in topic: 198

Post by GlassG19 »

zimmerdesignz wrote:
GibsonLesPaul wrote:
Class 12/22/15
Fingerprints 12/30/15
Online change 3/7/16
Card in hand 3/9/16
Were you able to leave Lowe's without spending over $100? I can't seem to master that art yet.
I buy online and walk in to service desk and walk right out to prevent those habbits. I paint custom hard hats and welding helmets for a living and I was there to pick up 2 welding hoods ONLY!!

That's cool! Lucky,,, if you wanna a nap, BAM! "NAP!
"SNACK TIME" BAM!...... NICE! LOL!
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

mmorton
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mmorton »

Class 12/27/15
All forms submitted online 1/6/16
spoke to someone tonight who said they had all of my stuff back from my background check and would notify me via mail if they needed anything else 3/9/16
Was told it could be two more weeks to 60 more days that they had 400% more applications than they expected and are running behind - The status page has been taken down and while they are working on another one, there is no completion date for that - :totap:

sig202255
Posts in topic: 12

Post by sig202255 »

mmorton wrote:Class 12/27/15
spoke to someone tonight who said they had all of my stuff back from my background check and would notify me via mail if they needed anything else 3/9/16
Was told it could be two more weeks to 60 more days that they had 400% more applications than they expected and are running behind - The status page has been taken down and while they are working on another one, there is no completion date for that - :totap:
mmorton,

I am one day after you 1/7/16 when all forms were submitted and I received email confirmation.

It will be 9 weeks tomorrow 3/10/16 or 63 days, considered calling state rep like infoman suggested, but not sure, was wondering if anybody had gone that route and had any success?

Sig Texas got his plastic in 50 days but he mailed it in, so I guess that was a better way instead of email which really makes no sense, but congrats to Sig Texas.

I will be watching to see if and when RSD starts working on January submissions or maybe they already have, if so post it so it will give us January people hope that it will be soon! :totap:

Marke6987
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Marke6987 »

Class 1/3
All documents sent via website 1/4
Documents received 1/4
Fingerprints 1/7
Fingerprints received 1/13
Plastic.. still waiting

Called for first time yesterday to make sure they for sure had all my documents and Angela told me my app is still processing.

Be patient my friends

zimmerdesignz

Post by zimmerdesignz »

GlassG19 wrote:
zimmerdesignz wrote:
GibsonLesPaul wrote:
Class 12/22/15
Fingerprints 12/30/15
Online change 3/7/16
Card in hand 3/9/16

That's cool! Lucky,,, if you wanna a nap, BAM! "NAP!
"SNACK TIME" BAM!...... NICE! LOL!
Yes but distractions are hard. Have to be pretty disciplined.

zimmerdesignz

Post by zimmerdesignz »

What page are you going to? This one is working fine for me https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/ch ... paign=2015

sweatmachine
Posts in topic: 88

Post by sweatmachine »

zimmerdesignz wrote:
What page are you going to? This one is working fine for me https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/ch ... paign=2015
Define "working"

:mrgreen:

zimmerdesignz

Post by zimmerdesignz »

sweatmachine wrote:
zimmerdesignz wrote:
Define "working"

:mrgreen:
Shows info when it is actually changed. Not actually helpful.

TJ78676

Post by TJ78676 »

zimmerdesignz wrote:
TJ78676 wrote:
zimmerdesignz wrote::thewave :woohoo :anamatedbanana :hurry: :biggrinjester:
Website changed today!!!!!! :drool:
Link to the website?
https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/ch ... paign=2015
Went to the web site, entered drivers lic # and dob. Next page went nowhere with no info. Had a tools button which didn't work and a sign off button.

zimmerdesignz

Post by zimmerdesignz »

TJ78676 wrote:
zimmerdesignz wrote:
TJ78676 wrote:
zimmerdesignz wrote::thewave :woohoo :anamatedbanana :hurry: :biggrinjester:
Website changed today!!!!!! :drool:
Link to the website?
https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/ch ... paign=2015
Went to the web site, entered drivers lic # and dob. Next page went nowhere with no info. Had a tools button which didn't work and a sign off button.
I don't know. Mine was approved this week and I am seeing all of the appropriate info here.

Tjf328
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Tjf328 »

I just logged in and it's showing the same bull sh*t it's been showing me for the last 9 weeks. :waiting:

TJ78676

Post by TJ78676 »

That's the one. this is all it reads;
Choose Service

LICENSE APPLICATION STATUS: If you have a pending License to Carry a Handgun application, please allow sufficient time for processing. If you have not already done so, please submit all of the items listed on the checklist you received. DPS will notify you by mail if further information or additional documents are required.
Start Application

Select the application you would like to complete at this time.

Apply for Instructor Certification (to teach LTC courses)
zimmerdesignz wrote:

zimmerdesignz

Post by zimmerdesignz »

That is all you will see until it is approved and your account updated. It will then show address change options and other things to manage your conatct info

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”