Ridiculous Timeline

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
sooneraggie
Posts in topic: 3

Ridiculous Timeline

Post by sooneraggie »

Submitted Application - Dec. 11
Fingerprints - Dec. 16
CHL class - Jan. 3
CHL 100 submitted electronically - Jan. 3
Confirmation email - Jan. 4

So, 64 days and nothing. I get it, they are backed up. But why are people who submitted after me already getting plastic?

sweatmachine
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Ridiculous Timeline

Post by sweatmachine »

Probably because you're a sooneraggie.

Hook 'em!

:txflag: :fire "rlol"

PS: I'm at 78 days today and nada for me yet either. :totap:

withloveandagun
Posts in topic: 1

Post by withloveandagun »

I got my confirmation email on 1/4 and I still have nothing. It totally sucks!!

DFWCorvetteGuy

Post by DFWCorvetteGuy »

I am right there with you guys, got my email confirmation Jan 4th. I'm hoping to see the website change VERY soon, in the mean time good luck guys and let's keep each other posted if we see any changes.

MWilliams66

Post by MWilliams66 »

Add me to the list of Jan. 4th confirmation emails. Hopefully our wait is almost over :clapping:
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
-Albert Einstein

Marke6987

Post by Marke6987 »

+1 to the January 4th confirmation email. Stay patient my friends

onewearydude

Post by onewearydude »

Si. January 4. Tired. Tired. Tired of checking my never changing status... :shock:

Fortworth86

Post by Fortworth86 »

sooneraggie wrote:Submitted Application - Dec. 11
Fingerprints - Dec. 16
CHL class - Jan. 3
CHL 100 submitted electronically - Jan. 3
Confirmation email - Jan. 4

So, 64 days and nothing. I get it, they are backed up. But why are people who submitted after me already getting plastic?
I'm two weeks ahead of you and I haven't heard a word

Poseidon5

Post by Poseidon5 »

I got my confirmation on 1/22 and received plastic on 3/4... I didn't do anything special to get a quick process. This leads me to believe that there is a serious lack of order in the handgun licensing office. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

PS... Wreck 'Em Tech! :txflag: :cool:

Fortworth86

Post by Fortworth86 »

:banghead: [quote="Poseidon5"]I got my confirmation on 1/22 and received plastic on 3/4... I didn't do anything special to get a quick process. This leads me to believe that there is a serious lack of order in the handgun licensing office. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

PS... Wreck 'Em Tech! :txflag:
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Pepper Breeder

Post by Pepper Breeder »

:iagree:

It is a process drawing from multiple humans; fingerprint box checker human, background checker human, answering calls before the caller is on hold for the second hour human, etc. Apparently each human has their own work load and their own 'throughput', and we are at the mercy of each and every string in the web, and to it's recalcitrance to being drawn back into our 'file', and for the final human to acknowledge the other humans' work, and to send the process to the 'printing press'; likely involving more humans. Then there is the USPS, and I will leave their deserved remarks to your imagination. God bless run-on sentences!

My guess is that there are too many humans involved, but I may be jaded since I submitted my requirements before you did and I am still waiting as well.

Some of us get fewer humans involved, and we get assigned to differing levels of competence and speed.

Teamwork - collectively dragging down productivity for centuries!

Long live the robots!

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

I finished everything for mine in mid october and had to wait almost the full 60 days, with all of the publicity that carrying handguns has received the last few months I could see the DPS being flooded with apps

sweatmachine

Post by sweatmachine »

jb2012 wrote:I finished everything for mine in mid october and had to wait almost the full 60 days, with all of the publicity that carrying handguns has received the last few months I could see the DPS being flooded with apps
"almost the full 60?"

Ha! I'm at 79 days now with no news. :smash:

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

sweatmachine wrote:
jb2012 wrote:I finished everything for mine in mid october and had to wait almost the full 60 days, with all of the publicity that carrying handguns has received the last few months I could see the DPS being flooded with apps
"almost the full 60?"

Ha! I'm at 79 days now with no news. :smash:
Haha my point exactly! With the high influx of apps I can see the wait dramatically increasing. They do things at their own pace at the DPS. I can definitely say that checking every day and thinking about it all the time only made me more antsy. But like most I just couldn't help it haha.

GibsonLesPaul
Posts in topic: 4

Post by GibsonLesPaul »

Poseidon5 wrote:I got my confirmation on 1/22 and received plastic on 3/4... I didn't do anything special to get a quick process. This leads me to believe that there is a serious lack of order in the handgun licensing office. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

PS... Wreck 'Em Tech! :txflag: :cool:
Wow. I'm almost a month ahead of you, and still nothing. Very frustrating. But congrats on the quick turnaround for you.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”