Baybrook Mall Sign

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
tx mountaineer
Posts in topic: 1

Baybrook Mall Sign

Post by tx mountaineer »

Here is a new and worthless sign at the new Baybrook Mall expansion. Carry On!
IMG_0610.jpg
IMG_0610.jpg (11.45 KiB) Viewed 4289 times

OneGun

Re: Baybrook Mall Sign

Post by OneGun »

Your sign is hard to read.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

Can't read the sign, but the Galleria also has a Code Of Conduct sign. Maybe they are owned by the same chain.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Embalmo

Post by Embalmo »

Yea-Lakeline in Austin has a code of conduct sign as well. No real sinange, but the theatre has the biggest '07 and '06 signs I've ever seen. I guess they won't have to worry about any shootings there. :biggrinjester:

Embalmo
Husband and wife CHL team since 2009

BKV6812
Posts in topic: 2

Post by BKV6812 »

Where is this posted? just out there the other day. Never saw this. Is this legal? vs. the 30.07 or 30.06?

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Abraham »

I'm sure the criminal element gets a huge belly laugh (assuming they're literate) out of "The Code of Conduct malarky.

The Code of Conduct signage isn't the same as 30.06/30.07.

It is ridiculous.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

BKV6812 wrote:Where is this posted? just out there the other day. Never saw this. Is this legal? vs. the 30.07 or 30.06?
Of course it is legal for them to post the sign.

These types of signs are posted so that mall security can ask people to leave if they violate the "code of conduct".

They have nothing to do with 30.06/30.07 signs.
NRA Endowment Member

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

BKV6812 wrote:Where is this posted? just out there the other day. Never saw this. Is this legal? vs. the 30.07 or 30.06?
It is not legal notification to prohibit a licensee from CCing or OCing if that's what you are asking. But, as Wildbill pointed out, not illegal for them to post the sign.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

BKV6812
Posts in topic: 2

Post by BKV6812 »

Thanks Wild Bill & C-dub, This is great information as we go out there several times a month and I would like to be able to CC whenever the state sends my plastic. Thanks again.

jollyman

Post by jollyman »

The sign of course is non-binding. Both my sons work security at Baybrook mall. They were instructed to give verbal warning and inform anyone they see open carrying that they are welcome to shop there but they must go put their gun in their vehicle.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not." -- Thomas Jefferson

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

jollyman wrote:The sign of course is non-binding. Both my sons work security at Baybrook mall. They were instructed to give verbal warning and inform anyone they see open carrying that they are welcome to shop there but they must go put their gun in their vehicle.
Do they tell people that or do they tell people to cover up?

jollyman

Post by jollyman »

They are instructed to tell them to take it out of the mall.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not." -- Thomas Jefferson

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

jollyman,

Security has the authority to do this with the expectation of being obeyed because...?

Or is it one of those situations where anyone can tell anyone else to do something without any authority, but with the hope they're commands will be obeyed?

Or, if they're commands are ignored there's little the can do about it other than huff and puff...?

I have no idea how this type scenario plays out as it doesn't involve a single store where a store employee can rightly tell you OCing is not allowed in their store vs overall mall security issuing the command to 'take it outside'.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Abraham wrote:jollyman,

Security has the authority to do this with the expectation of being obeyed because...?

Or is it one of those situations where anyone can tell anyone else to do something without any authority, but with the hope they're commands will be obeyed?

Or, if they're commands are ignored there's little the can do about it other than huff and puff...?

I have no idea how this type scenario plays out as it doesn't involve a single store where a store employee can rightly tell you OCing is not allowed in their store vs overall mall security issuing the command to 'take it outside'.
I will answer this. All property, including the stores are owned by the mall. The retail spaces, including anchor stores, are only leased from the mall, not owned by the stores company.

So, mall security would have legal authority to give notice to anyone for violation of mall rules and in turn request they leave mall property, including stores. Failure to follow their request would result in police being called and a high potential for a trespassing charge, whether carrying or not.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Keith B,

Thanks for the heads up.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”