Card in hand! Renewal - 65 days and still waiting

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
johncanfield
Posts in topic: 3

Card in hand! Renewal - 65 days and still waiting

Post by johncanfield »

I had some significant health issues last year and I forgot to renew my CHL, it expired December of last year. I submitted my renewal on-line January 1, received acknowledgement and then the wait begins. I submitted an on-line status request two weeks ago and haven't heard back from that. I've called three times in the mornings and I get the "due to heavy call volumes..." and then a hang-up.

What the heck is going on in Austin? (Or not going on as the case might be.) :headscratch
Last edited by johncanfield on Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

toppc22
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Renewal - 65 days and still waiting

Post by toppc22 »

Renewed on DEC 5 2015 and 77 days later it was in my mailbox. You should have yours soon. :tiphat:

Topic author
johncanfield

Post by johncanfield »

Yeppers, renewal card received today. My life has been restored to normal status :cheers2: .

Topic author
johncanfield

Post by johncanfield »

Holstered up my Sig P239 (.357 Sig) this morning, all is good. Note to self, don't let your license expire.

16Adams

Re: Card in hand! Renewal - 65 days and still waiting

Post by 16Adams »

On that note, write " you may renew LTC up to 6 months in advance of expiration".

Life hit you hard at the expiration, I get that. But blaming it on Austin?? I don't get that.

It sucks to be sick. I hope you're on the mend.

tomtexan

Re: Card in hand! Renewal - 65 days and still waiting

Post by tomtexan »

johncanfield wrote:I had some significant health issues last year and I forgot to renew my CHL, it expired December of last year. I submitted my renewal on-line January 1, received acknowledgement and then the wait begins. I submitted an on-line status request two weeks ago and haven't heard back from that. I've called three times in the mornings and I get the "due to heavy call volumes..." and then a hang-up.

What the heck is going on in Austin? (Or not going on as the case might be.) :headscratch
16Adams wrote:On that note, write " you may renew LTC up to 6 months in advance of expiration".

Life hit you hard at the expiration, I get that. But blaming it on Austin?? I don't get that.

It sucks to be sick. I hope you're on the mend.
I don't see where the OP blamed anything on Austin. :headscratch
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”