7.62x25 in houston

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
mdek
Posts in topic: 4

7.62x25 in houston

Post by mdek »

Anyone know of a place where I could get 7.62x25 tokarev ammunition in the Houston area? And I promise I'll post pictures when my cz-52 comes in tomorrow.

mr surveyor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mr surveyor »

that is one heck of a hot round...isn't it funny that it can't be used for the CHL range test :roll:
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

T3hK1w1

Post by T3hK1w1 »

Jim Pruett's shop had a few sealed 1000-rd cans of milsurp ammo marked "Tokarev", if that helps. Saw them there about 4 days ago.

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KBCraig »

Beware the Bulgarian stuff. It's for SMGs, and is extra-hot.

Good luck finding your brass with that Cz-52. Ejection, as they say, is "vigorous". :grin:

Oh, and never dry-fire it; the firing pins tend to be brittle, and will break when dry-fired. You can find Wolff springs, firing pins, etc., at makarov.com.

Topic author
mdek

Post by mdek »

I've got 2448 rounds of Romanian surplus ammo coming in, but not till thursday or friday. I was hoping to find a source of reasonably priced 50 round boxes, but I might just have to wait.

Topic author
mdek

Post by mdek »

Here we are:

They look to be in great condition, with clean barrels, etc. I think this was a great way to start using my C&R ffl.

Isimanica

Post by Isimanica »

Try in Legaue city The Arms Room, I think he has some surplus and fiocchi in stock but they might have sold it this weekend. They are located at FM 518 and Landing Blvd. Great store!

Mike1951

Post by Mike1951 »

mdek wrote:I've got 2448 rounds of Romanian surplus ammo coming in, but not till thursday or friday. I was hoping to find a source of reasonably priced 50 round boxes, but I might just have to wait.
I had thought all of the '80's Romanian was good. Like you I bought two of the 1224rd tins. A while back, AIM had it for $109 and right now SPG has it for $113.

Yesterday, I heard some reports of problems with 1982 issue. If you get any, we can pursue that further.
Mike
AF5MS
TSRA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member

NcongruNt

Post by NcongruNt »

If you're on the NW side of Houston, Brenham isn't too far. Ammunition To Go has stuff in different quantities, down to boxes of 50 if you want.

http://ammunitiontogo.com/catalog/index ... =23_62_166

They're good guys to deal with. They mainly do internet orders, but are fine with people coming in and buying in person. Give them a call before you go and get directions.

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by KBCraig »

mdek wrote:Here we are:

They look to be in great condition, with clean barrels, etc. I think this was a great way to start using my C&R ffl.
I agree, they're great looking!

I've still never bought one, even though they've been on my list since they were $90. I even used that old cruffler trick: I bought a box of 7.62x25. Hasn't worked yet, but I'm sure it will lure a Cz home eventually. :grin:

At least I hope it's a Cz... I'd hate to wind up with a Tokarev! :frown5:

iwannasee

Post by iwannasee »

Great fun to shoot!! May i suggest an extra firing pin cause they sure are brittle. Mine broke after 1500+ rounds in it. Besides that, no problems at all w/ weapon.

Topic author
mdek

Post by mdek »

Got the ammo in and went to the range with a friend. We went through 350 rounds, and both shoot wonderfully! There's surprisingly little recoil, and a lot of bang.

My ammo is labelled as 1983. For the most part it was fine, but I did have a few hard primers. Anyone know if replacing the stock firing pin with one of the hardened aftermarket ones might have any effect on this?

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”