"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

HDGator
Posts in topic: 14

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by HDGator »

I am currently at the 5-6 week mark and decided to call. No change yet for me, but the person I talked to said that they were working on the end of December applicants. Hopefully within the next week or two...

lizard152
Posts in topic: 1

Post by lizard152 »

Submitted docs 12/18

Finally got through to someone on the phone today and got the answer "it's a little too early to tell right now"...9.5 weeks is a little too early? After they first say 6 weeks, then 60 days? This process has been the epitome of government inefficiency. What if someone actually imminently needed a CHL in a stalking case? The government would restrict their ability to personal defense for 10 weeks? Meanwhile the people who shouldn't be carrying probably will anyway. Also, having to call almost every hour of every day for a week to finally get through to somebody is complete nonsense. "Due to high call volume...". I would love to be a fly on the wall in the facility where they actually "process" these applications just to see what actually goes on.

Plastic: Maybe by April at this rate?

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 8

Post by TreyHouston »

lizard152 wrote:Submitted docs 12/18

Finally got through to someone on the phone today and got the answer "it's a little too early to tell right now"...9.5 weeks is a little too early? After they first say 6 weeks, then 60 days? This process has been the epitome of government inefficiency. What if someone actually imminently needed a CHL in a stalking case? The government would restrict their ability to personal defense for 10 weeks? Meanwhile the people who shouldn't be carrying probably will anyway. Also, having to call almost every hour of every day for a week to finally get through to somebody is complete nonsense. "Due to high call volume...". I would love to be a fly on the wall in the facility where they actually "process" these applications just to see what actually goes on.

Hahahahahaha! :lol: :lol: Lizard, would you REALLY want to know?!?! I'm sure some work hard and others don't... I fear that would just stress you out! Based on your timeline u will be approved any day now. I called last Wednesday and they told me "your in processing call in 2-3 weeks" then I called Friday, 2 days later, and was told it was approved and sent to print. just take their answers as a YES or NO and thats all! Best of luck to you bro!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 8

Post by TreyHouston »

oh sorry, BTW, I still have NO website change and NO card in hand. I check the website about 7 times a day! lol
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

sweatmachine
Posts in topic: 88

Post by sweatmachine »

lizard152 wrote:Submitted docs 12/18

I received email confirmation 3 days after you on 12/21 and I'm in the same boat you are. No website change. No plastic in hand. No news via phone other than "wait longer"

berkleemuir
Posts in topic: 15

Post by berkleemuir »

berkleemuir wrote:Dec. 12: CHL class
Dec. 16: Fingerprints, supporting documents sent via TXDPS website.
Dec. 18: Confirmation receipt
Jan. 22: Called for update, told they needed a VOE. Letter not sent for missing documents.
Feb. 9: Sent VOE via TXDPS website.
Feb. 10: All information has been received, background completed. Waiting for the VOE to be entered, and I will be in the print stage.
Feb. 16: Verbally told by Ashley it was in the mailing process.
Feb. 22: Told by Darryl that it has been mailed on 2/19/16. Allow 7-10 business to receive.
To this day, my website has not updated. Hope to see it in hand this week! Will post when it is in hand. :txflag:
License in hand today, Feb. 23! So excited! Still no website change on Feb. 23. Oh, well! See y'all cats later!

Flatland
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Flatland »

OK folks, heres' my timeline. Thanks for all the info.

Class - 12-19-15
Application - 12-19-15
Confirmation Email - 12-21-16
Fingerprints - 12-21-16

One arrest 20 years ago, public intox. 2 other ticket misdemeanors 20 years ago, fishing no license and tampering with Gov property (I opened the gate, not locked, to the hot springs road in Big Bend and drove on down).

Site Change 2-24-16 :cheers2:

JD9mm
Posts in topic: 27

Post by JD9mm »

Flatland wrote:OK folks, heres' my timeline. Thanks for all the info.

Class - 12-19-15
Application - 12-19-15
Fingerprints - 12-21-16

One arrest 20 years ago, public intox. 2 other ticket misdemeanors 20 years ago, fishing no license and tampering with Gov property (I opened the gate, not locked, to the hot springs road in Big Bend and drove on down).

That's probably the most ridiculous tampering ticket I've ever heard of. Locked... I get it. Just closed should be a verbal warning to me. But then again, I'm not the officer who deals with that junk everyday.

zencurry

Post by zencurry »

I am in the 40-45 day range and have had no change on the website. I have not had to call yet, because everyone else is doing such a good job of letting me know about where they are in the processing of other applications...that is really great info.

I received my confirmation email on January 11th of 2016, but I do not seem to see many others here that are, I guess, what you would call early January applicants, but from the other posts on this day it looks like they are rounding the bend of December 2015 on to January road.

Thanks for all of the info.

Cheers,
zencurry

Flatland
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Flatland »

JD9mm wrote:
Flatland wrote:OK folks, heres' my timeline. Thanks for all the info.

Class - 12-19-15
Application - 12-19-15
Fingerprints - 12-21-16

That's probably the most ridiculous tampering ticket I've ever heard of. Locked... I get it. Just closed should be a verbal warning to me. But then again, I'm not the officer who deals with that junk everyday.
Just got home, no plastic.

Yes, looking back it was a revenue ticket. He was down there just waiting on a couple of idiots like myself and my buddy. Oh well, lesson learned.

Gnamaree02
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Gnamaree02 »

zencurry wrote:I am in the 40-45 day range and have had no change on the website. I have not had to call yet, because everyone else is doing such a good job of letting me know about where they are in the processing of other applications...that is really great info.

I received my confirmation email on January 11th of 2016, but I do not seem to see many others here that are, I guess, what you would call early January applicants, but from the other posts on this day it looks like they are rounding the bend of December 2015 on to January road.

Thanks for all of the info.

Cheers,
zencurry
That was the day I received my confirmation email. If you want to follow along....

Hot Dawg
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Hot Dawg »

I have 2 friends that got their plastic today, they submitted their paperwork early December, so hopefully some of you that sent yours in around this time will be getting it soon, be patient.

JD9mm

Post by JD9mm »

JD9mm wrote:Class: Dec 5th
Start App: Dec 16th
Fingerprints: Dec 18th
Upload docs: Dec 18th
Email confirmation: Dec 20th
Website Change: Feb 21st
Plastic in hand: hopefully tomorrow
Plastic received Feb 24th. I have church tonight, so it looks like I'm skipping the Wally Walk and going straight to making sure the church ladies don't give me dirty looks.

Ronnie 214
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Ronnie 214 »

Online packet 12/26/15
Chl class 12/26/15
Certified mailed documents 12/26/15
Confirmation email 1/2/16
Request for supporting documents on a juvenile arrest 13 years ago 2/22/16
Just emailed supporting documents stating no records found from county today 2/24/16
Now lets hope fir a speedy process.
Plastic in mail 3/16/16
Last edited by Ronnie 214 on Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GlassG19
Posts in topic: 198

Post by GlassG19 »

JD9mm wrote:
JD9mm wrote:Class: Dec 5th
Start App: Dec 16th
Fingerprints: Dec 18th
Upload docs: Dec 18th
Email confirmation: Dec 20th
Website Change: Feb 21st
Plastic in hand: hopefully tomorrow
Plastic received Feb 24th. I have church tonight, so it looks like I'm skipping the Wally Walk and going straight to making sure the church ladies don't give me dirty looks.

Congratulations JD! Finally!
Stay safe...
:txflag: :anamatedbanana
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”