"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

zimmerdesignz
Posts in topic: 98

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by zimmerdesignz »

Just got off the phone was told not sure why mine is not entered. It will be passed along to a supervisor. 8 weeks and still not even entered in the system. Nothing even started :mad5 Email confirmation was 12/22
:tiphat:

GlassG19
Posts in topic: 198

Post by GlassG19 »

rl14 wrote:I just got off the phone with DPS and they said I was approved and that they are now waiting to print it. No website change today and here is my timeline again.

12/18 application started
12/20 CHL-100 submitted
12/21 LTC docs received confirmation
12/28 Fingerprinted
2/18 Phone call to DPS no website change

Congrats! But like Austin said, we submitted ours before you & many others & they tell us "we got 60 days or 90 to go". :headscratch. There's no rhyme or reason to their madness. :cryin
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

GibsonLesPaul
Posts in topic: 14

Post by GibsonLesPaul »

TexasSully wrote:
AustinAG2005 wrote:Class - 12/21
Prints - 12/22
Uploaded - 12/22
Confirmation - 12/28

Held out as long as I could but finally broke down and called. "Darrell" told me I was calling way too early. Yet people after me have already received plastic???? Never had more than a traffic ticket and the last one of those was 10+ years ago.... I don't get it.
That must be "Darrell's" stock answer. He told me the same thing when I called. My timeline started about a week after yours.
Yup. That's who I've spoken with twice. Same response both times.

Breny414
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Breny414 »

GibsonLesPaul wrote:
TexasSully wrote:
Prints - 12/22
Uploaded - 12/22
Confirmation - 12/28

Held out as long as I could but finally broke down and called. "Darrell" told me I was calling way too early. Yet people after me have already received plastic???? Never had more than a traffic ticket and the last one of those was 10+ years ago.... I don't get it.
That must be "Darrell's" stock answer. He told me the same thing when I called. My timeline started about a week after yours.
I had good success whenever I talked to Victor or Rene. Hang up if you get anyone else. :biggrinjester:

GibsonLesPaul
Posts in topic: 14

Post by GibsonLesPaul »

Breny414 wrote:
GibsonLesPaul wrote:
TexasSully wrote:
Prints - 12/22
Uploaded - 12/22
Confirmation - 12/28

I had good success whenever I talked to Victor or Rene. Hang up if you get anyone else. :biggrinjester:
I'm not sure I could stomach that hold music for a second call... :cryin

Has anyone tried asking for a specific operator when they called? I might give it a shot if 'ol Darrell answers my next call in March.

infoman
Posts in topic: 27

Post by infoman »

I for one like Darryl, & had a good experience with a few others too- Rene, Elvia.. I'd rather know the realistic expectation & someone telling me the truth vs someone over-promising & gets my hopes up when it won't happen. I also know it's a call center & seperate office from where they process the apps. The phone clerks don't have any power to process things, they're basically paid punching bags for us. I'm always nice & respectful each time I call & Ive had a good experience. It's obvious why they're so far behind- Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Open Carry, Intructor renewals, application volume increasing 300% or more.. I don't get why people on here get so mad & also why they blame the long wait times on the "phone clerks"? Just my 2 cents. My stepdad is an instructor & he tells his students right up front to expect 2+ months, he also helps them with the entire process- paying online, scheduling prints, submitting docs, etc.

sweatmachine
Posts in topic: 88

Post by sweatmachine »

Today is day #60 for me since my confirmation email. Waiting on a call back from RSD now. No status change yet. Come on, plastic!

sweatmachine
Posts in topic: 88

Post by sweatmachine »

RDS called back and said "you're in process and it should only be another 2-4 weeks"

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :mad5 :mad5 :mad5

REDNECK
Posts in topic: 3

Post by REDNECK »

Hi all been on the form for a little while now, here is my time line

12/14/15: submitted applications online
12/18/15: fingerprints
12/20/15: LTC course/ submitted documents online (chl 100) (dd214)
12/21/15: confirmation email
Called today was told I was "selected for issue please allow another 2 weeks"

mardad
Posts in topic: 4

Post by mardad »

Did you call 512-424-7293?

REDNECK
Posts in topic: 3

Post by REDNECK »

mardad wrote:Did you call 512-424-7293?

Yes that's the number I called

mparks217
Posts in topic: 8

Post by mparks217 »

I called this morning and asked what my status was. I was told to please allow 6-8 weeks from when your documents were received for processing. I asked when they were received. She said 12/28. That means it has been 8 weeks right? I asked if I was in background check yet and she just said "you're processing". She put me on hold for a few minutes after I gave her my DL #. I figured she was gathering data for me. Instead I just got a stock answer. I was expecting a little more detail lol.

KahunaTim
Posts in topic: 5

Post by KahunaTim »

:hurry: :anamatedbanana :thewave :txflag: :woohoo :fire :drool:

It looks like my seat may soon be open, I just got off the phone with Sherri at RDS and my license was issued today (9 weeks & 1 day after receiving the confirmation email from DPS) and that may plastic should be in the mailbox in .....yeah I kinda quit listening at that point due to the marching band playing in my head...

Now on to more pressing issues....does this 9mm make me look fat...lol

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 8

Post by TreyHouston »

I got off the phone with RDS this morning and was told that my application has been approved and it is being sent to print. I was in shock and asked her to repeat! lol! here is my timeline!

12/13 application started
12/18 CHL-100, dd-214 submitted
12/22 LTC docs received confirmation
2/19 told verbally that application is approved- no website change.

and now I wait again! "rlol"
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

GlassG19
Posts in topic: 198

Post by GlassG19 »

TreyHouston wrote:I got off the phone with RDS this morning and was told that my application has been approved and it is being sent to print. I was in shock and asked her to repeat! lol! here is my timeline!

12/13 application started
12/18 CHL-100, dd-214 submitted
12/22 LTC docs received confirmation
2/19 told verbally that application is approved- no website change.

and now I wait again! "rlol"

Trey, when did you do your fingerprinting? Date?
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”