"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Jusme
Posts in topic: 18

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by Jusme »

texrdnec wrote:
texrdnec wrote:been browsing this site for about two weeks now, kinda figured there was no reason to sign up as i'd have my license by the 60 day mark

well, that doesn't appear to be the case so here i am passing the time away

let's see, IIRC:

online application 12/10
class 12/12
fingerprints 12/14
snail mailed 12/14 w/ official disposition documents for a huge screw-up by my county that's been a pain in my ass for over a decade now

aaaaaaaaand, so far nada

i called them on 1/26 to check on my wife's renewal that was taking forever and while they were on the phone i asked about mine. i was told that i'd gone to background check on Friday, which would have been 1/22

well i called again on 1/4 and was at that time told that they'd started processing my application on 1/29 and that it'd be another 40-60 days

and in the meantime i'm on year #12 of being federally licensed to sell people title i guns along with suppressors, machineguns, SBRs, et al. but can't legally carry a handgun on me :lol:
website change on 2/13, card on 2/16 for those of you keeping track of timelines

Congrats, glad it went smoothly! :cheers2:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

berkleemuir
Posts in topic: 15

Post by berkleemuir »

KC80 wrote:
berkleemuir wrote:
GlassG19 wrote:
KC80 wrote:
berkleemuir wrote:Sigh, here is my timeline:
Dec. 12: CHL class
Dec. 16: Fingerprints, supporting documents sent.

No confirmation email as of now. Sigh, I have a feeling is going to be a looooooong 60 days... :???:
How did you send documents, snail mail or email? If snail then you won't get a confirmation.

Hey berkleemuir! You still hanging in there? I know you are right before me & it's been a month now. Any knew news?
Aaaabsolutely freaking not. I just found out like last week (I forgot to post an update) that they needed a verification of employment from me, AND NO ONE BOTHERED TO SAY ANYTHING! I sent w photocopy of my badge thinking that would be enough, but of course not. I was told nothing had been started, processed...nada. I'm still in phase negative one. How about you?!
Is this verification of employment something specific to you? I just listed my employment info on the app with no issue.[/quote

It's specific to me because I'm a correctional officer with TDCJ, and the discount the application fee. I just got news today that it has all been accepted, and my license is in the mail! WHOO HOO! :thewave

berkleemuir
Posts in topic: 15

Post by berkleemuir »

Dec. 12: CHL class
Dec. 16: Fingerprints, supporting documents sent.
Dec. 18: Confirmation receipt
Jan. 22: Called for update, told they needed a VOE. Letter not sent for missing documents.
Feb. 9: Sent VOE via TXDPS website.
Feb. 10: All information has been received, background completed. Just waiting for the VOE to be entered, and I will be in the print stage.
Feb. 16: License is in the mail.

sweatmachine
Posts in topic: 88

Post by sweatmachine »

Calling RDS is a total waste of time, if you can even get through. Total run around, conflicting information, lack of helpfulness, etc. My advice would be to be patient and don't waste your time calling into RDS more than once to make sure they have all documentation. It'll only frustrate you.

I spoke with Ashley today and she told me to allow about 90 days for applications submitted in late December (mine was submitted 12/21/15). She wouldn't give any more information than that.

JD9mm
Posts in topic: 27

Post by JD9mm »

Sweat- I'm curious who is going to get their plastic first.
You, me, or GlassG19?

Pickle2415
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Pickle2415 »

sweatmachine wrote:Calling RDS is a total waste of time, if you can even get through. Total run around, conflicting information, lack of helpfulness, etc. My advice would be to be patient and don't waste your time calling into RDS more than once to make sure they have all documentation. It'll only frustrate you.

I spoke with Ashley today and she told me to allow about 90 days for applications submitted in late December (mine was submitted 12/21/15). She wouldn't give any more information than that.

But yet a lot of people after are starting to get theirs as well
When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home." - Chief Tecumseh

sweatmachine

Post by sweatmachine »

Pickle2415 wrote: But yet a lot of people after are starting to get theirs as well
Exactly my point. They're totally helpless/clueless/unable to help. It's only worth calling in to make sure they've received all of your paperwork. Otherwise, they'll only frustrate you.

sweatmachine

Post by sweatmachine »

JD9mm wrote:Sweat- I'm curious who is going to get their plastic first.
You, me, or GlassG19?
I hope we find out shortly!

:fire :fire :fire

MichelinMan
Posts in topic: 5

Post by MichelinMan »

AustinAG2005 wrote:...or that there is really no rhyme or reason at all to this....(more likely)
I'm thinking your right. There is no pattern that I see. I would think that your time starts when they open your envelope with your CHL-100 in it. I would assume they have 100's of thousands of packets sitting somewhere and they are slowly chipping away at it. Possibly keeping them in chronological order as to what day they came in. I really don't see any other way of them doing it. I'm curious as to why they don't just automate the entire process. Do everything online and be done with it.

Gnamaree02
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Gnamaree02 »

MichelinMan wrote:
AustinAG2005 wrote:...or that there is really no rhyme or reason at all to this....(more likely)
I'm thinking your right. There is no pattern that I see. I would think that your time starts when they open your envelope with your CHL-100 in it. I would assume they have 100's of thousands of packets sitting somewhere and they are slowly chipping away at it. Possibly keeping them in chronological order as to what day they came in. I really don't see any other way of them doing it. I'm curious as to why they don't just automate the entire process. Do everything online and be done with it.
Mine Was complétely submitted online. But your idea that the timeline starts at submission of CHL100 is interesting. I was told when everything was in, I assumed that meant fingerprints too, but we'll see. Mine was 1/11 conf email for CHL100 & 1/15 on fingerprints.

GlassG19
Posts in topic: 198

Post by GlassG19 »

You, me, or GlassG19?

I'm confident yall will get yours before me, that's my luck.
:cryin
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

AustinAG2005
Posts in topic: 22

Post by AustinAG2005 »

Gnamaree02 wrote:
MichelinMan wrote:
Mine Was complétely submitted online. But your idea that the timeline starts at submission of CHL100 is interesting. I was told when everything was in, I assumed that meant fingerprints too, but we'll see. Mine was 1/11 conf email for CHL100 & 1/15 on fingerprints.

Mine was completely submitted online as well on 12/22. Fingerprints were taken on 12/22 and delivered on 12/23. Confirmation email was on 12/28.

JD9mm
Posts in topic: 27

Post by JD9mm »

sweatmachine wrote:
You, me, or GlassG19?

I think I'll win...
RSD just confirmed that my license has been sent to printing. :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana
I'll post an actual timeline once I have it in hand.

Gnamaree02
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Gnamaree02 »

JD9mm wrote:
sweatmachine wrote:
You, me, or GlassG19?

I think I'll win...
RSD just confirmed that my license has been sent to printing. :anamatedbanana :anamatedbanana
AAT LAAST! :party: :cheers2: CONGRATS DUDE! :seeya:

sweatmachine

Post by sweatmachine »

JD9mm wrote: I think I'll win...
You called them and they told you that? Congrats!

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”