"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

infoman
Posts in topic: 27

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by infoman »

No reason for you to get angry, that's literally how backed up they are. They're processing mid-December right now. & it's not "60" days from when they put your app in progress. It's technically 60 days from when they received your completed documents and fingerprints. You're prob going to get your license by end of Feb.

JD9mm

Post by JD9mm »

I already posted this in another thread, but i am gonna post it here to because people don't seem to understand the timeline (I was one if them until I actually looked it up). ..
Actually, it is 90 days from the acceptance of the documents until they are required to either issue or decline your application.

Please forgive the lack of references, but the process is summarized like this:
1. The time line begins the day that RDS receives the last of your documents. For all practical purposes, that is the day you receive email confirmation of documents received.
2. They then have up to 30 days to send it to the "designee" to perform a background check.
3. The designee has until 60 days after RDS received your documents to return the completed background check.
4. RDS has 60 days FROM THE DATE THAT THE APP WAS GIVEN TO THE DESIGNEE to either issue or decline the license. (This is the most commonly misunderstood step. The 60 days start when they send it for BG check, not the day they receive it from you)

Does this mean it will take up to 90 days, no. 
Does it mean it is possible to all goes through in a week? Possibly yes, but don't hold your breath. 
Does this mean they will sit on it for 30 days before sending to the designee? No, but Remember that these are people too, and they are overwhelmed right now.
Does this mean they will meet the 90 day deadline for my app? Most likely yes, but again, we are talking about a group of people with the most applications to process since just after 9-11. Please extend to them the same grace that you would want when you are overwhelmed at your job.

texrdnec
Posts in topic: 3

Post by texrdnec »

been browsing this site for about two weeks now, kinda figured there was no reason to sign up as i'd have my license by the 60 day mark

well, that doesn't appear to be the case so here i am passing the time away

let's see, IIRC:

online application 12/10
class 12/12
fingerprints 12/14
snail mailed 12/14 w/ official disposition documents for a huge screw-up by my county that's been a pain in my ass for over a decade now

aaaaaaaaand, so far nada

i called them on 1/26 to check on my wife's renewal that was taking forever and while they were on the phone i asked about mine. i was told that i'd gone to background check on Friday, which would have been 1/22

well i called again on 1/4 and was at that time told that they'd started processing my application on 1/29 and that it'd be another 40-60 days

and in the meantime i'm on year #12 of being federally licensed to sell people title i guns along with suppressors, machineguns, SBRs, et al. but can't legally carry a handgun on me :lol:
Last edited by texrdnec on Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TexasGirl1972

Post by TexasGirl1972 »

CHL timeline

Took CHL class 12/19/15
Fingerprints done 12/29/15
Completed online application 12/29/15
Uploaded documents 12/29/15
Received email confirmation that my documents were received 12/30/15

As of today, 2/13/16...No change of status yet on website...Still waiting......

JD9mm

Post by JD9mm »

Called today, and got a tidbit of information that I wasn't expecting... lady accidentally told me that my app was sent to background check on Dec. 29th. That completely contradicts what I was told on multiple occasions, but it does give me some hope. If it is true, then it means that their official deadline to approve or decline my app is Feb. 27th.

Twist
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Twist »

TexasGirl1972 wrote:CHL timeline

Took CHL class 12/19/15

You're right at two weeks behind my timeline and mine was in the mail when I got home yesterday. Not really sure that means anything because results seem kind of scattered but you could be only two weeks out.

zimmerdesignz
Posts in topic: 98

Post by zimmerdesignz »

JD9mm wrote:Called today, and got a tidbit of information that I wasn't expecting... lady accidentally told me that my app was sent to background check on Dec. 29th. That completely contradicts what I was told on multiple occasions, but it does give me some hope. If it is true, then it means that their official deadline to approve or decline my app is Feb. 27th.
I wouldn't trust any information. It is all to scattered and is not consistent.
:tiphat:

Teazur

Post by Teazur »

Application 12/17/15
Class 12/17/15
Email confirmation of receipt 12/18/15
Fingerprints 12/23/15
Website Changed 2/10/16
Plastic in Hand 2/12/16

WoooHooooo!

molon_labe_86
Posts in topic: 11

Post by molon_labe_86 »

TexasGirl1972 wrote:CHL timeline

Took CHL class 12/19/15

Got my confirmation email on 12/30/15 also did my online app on the 26 of December so we r pretty close! But still no change on status either! :banghead:

texrdnec

Post by texrdnec »

i should have signed up here earlier!

website change 2/13

i believe i'll go shoot the hell out of the commander i plan to carry in celebration

CountryHoss45
Posts in topic: 9

Post by CountryHoss45 »

Class 12/5
App and supporting documents sent in 12/6
Fingerprints 12/17
Confirmation email 12/18

Called beginning of February and they said I was approved and waiting to be sent out to print. Website changed on 2/8 and received my plastic on 2/11. 55 days. That was with a misdemeanor battery arrest from 12 years ago.

GlassG19
Posts in topic: 198

Post by GlassG19 »

JD9mm wrote:Same here... Day 50 and still waiting...

My goal for this week is to be patient and not call them until Friday. I'm using the time to sell stuff on Craigslist to afford my new gun. Don't want to be carrying around the old revolver for very long. Hard to conceal a 6 shooter with a 4.5" barrel. :fire

Hey JD9mm, I was checking with you to see if you have spoke to them & if you have, what did they say? Or have you gotten your LTC?
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

GlassG19
Posts in topic: 198

Post by GlassG19 »

zimmerdesignz wrote:
JD9mm wrote:Called today, and got a tidbit of information that I wasn't expecting... lady accidentally told me that my app was sent to background check on Dec. 29th. That completely contradicts what I was told on multiple occasions, but it does give me some hope. If it is true, then it means that their official deadline to approve or decline my app is Feb. 27th.

Hey Zimmer,,
Just curious have you spoke to them or any news what so ever?
Thanks,
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

Gnamaree02
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Gnamaree02 »

CountryHoss45 wrote:Class 12/5
App and supporting documents sent in 12/6
Fingerprints 12/17
Confirmation email 12/18

Called beginning of February and they said I was approved and waiting to be sent out to print. Website changed on 2/8 and received my plastic on 2/11. 55 days. That was with a misdemeanor battery arrest from 12 years ago.
congrats! :thewave
Still :waiting: here! :deadhorse:

zimmerdesignz
Posts in topic: 98

Post by zimmerdesignz »

GlassG19 wrote:
zimmerdesignz wrote:

Hey Zimmer,,
Just curious have you spoke to them or any news what so ever?
Thanks,
Called last week around Wednesday and was told it still has not been entered and maybe they would start on it some time this week.
:tiphat:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”