Machete

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

stroo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by stroo »

I carry a cane. Of course, I sometimes have trouble with my hips and use it. I also carry it on planes. Never had any problem with security. In fact sometimes I get preferential treatment. I always feel a little bad about that; but not too bad. :grin:

govnor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by govnor »

gregthehand wrote:Who cares it's soon to be legal even if it is a weapon :woohoo :anamatedbanana
So does that mean after Sept. 1st we can start carrying automatic knives around? If so, I'm buying one.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because hard men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."- George Orwell

NRA member!

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 4

Post by flintknapper »

stroo wrote:I carry a cane. Of course, I sometimes have trouble with my hips and use it. I also carry it on planes. Never had any problem with security. In fact sometimes I get preferential treatment. I always feel a little bad about that; but not too bad. :grin:

The "cane" makes an excellent self defense tool.

A defensive cane seminar is something we can do up here if there is any interest.

One warning though, unlike the edged weapons seminar....a stick or cane seminar can get pretty gnarly at certain points, (you WILL be sore afterwards).
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

Topic author
sebis
Posts in topic: 2

Post by sebis »

govnor wrote:
My advice: carry a chainsaw. :grin:

Good luck on your land Sebis. I hope to be buying some in the near future also.
Thanks, I am still looking. The problem is they aren't making any more of it (land) ;-) and it's hard to find it close, nice, affordable and big enough to shoot my guns on it.

Going back to the machete, the funny think is that I have a CHL, but doesn't cover the "illegal knife"...
txinvestigator wrote: Here is what makes it legal for you;
§ 46.15. NONAPPLICABILITY.

b) Section 46.02 does not apply to a person who:

(2) is on the person's own premises or premises under
the person's control
Thanks txinvestigator, that's what I thought but wanted a "second" opinion.

--Sebis

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”