"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

KahunaTim
Posts in topic: 5

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by KahunaTim »

:banghead:
Here is my timeline tale to share:
Application submitted- mid December, can't remember exact date but think the 14th,
Email confirmation that DPS received my DD214 and traning cert on 12/18,
Have been itching to call but held off, check website daily sometimes a few times daily because I love watching to see if the pot will steam or boil...
Called this afternoon and left a callback request. A very pleasant sounding young lady answered my call and I told her I was calling for a status update. She asked for my DL# and put me on hold for what seemed like 20 minutes but was probably only 3. She came back on and gave me the following status statement: "We have recieved your documents and need nothing further, please allow up to 6-8 weeks to verify your documents and then up to 60 days for your background check".
I then stumbled over my tongue a few times and finally said "so I should expect to see my license in April?"
To which I was informed "We have no control over the background investigations"

Any comments will surely be appreciated for comic relief.
Last edited by KahunaTim on Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Knowmsayin
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Knowmsayin »

Knowmsayin wrote:
Knowmsayin wrote:Hey, new here just wanted to post my time line. Getting anxious...

11/21/2015 CHL 100 Class and Online Application
12/03/2015 Fingerprints, Submission of all forms, and received confirmation email.

As of 01/28/2016, no website change and nothing in the mail... Have a couple non-disqualifying misdemeanors, maybe that's why. :banghead:
Called the DPS today and apparently I need to send paperwork of my born abroad citizenship. Sounds cool to say you born in the UK but a real pain when doing any legal paperwork in the USA/Texas. Murica! :patriot: :txflag:

I asked how long it would be after I submitted the paperwork and they say another 3-4 weeks. Starting to loose my mind :mad5
01/31/2016 Uploaded Proof of citizenship.
02/03/2016 No confirmation email received so I called and they said the website was slow and they documents were still loading on the site and to call back Friday if I still didn't have a confirmation email.
02/05/2016 Still no confirmation email, so I called again and the representative confirmed all the documentation was received. Hopefully I'll get my plastic eventually... :headscratch :totap: :waiting:

sweatmachine
Posts in topic: 88

Post by sweatmachine »

Sounds like a standard canned response. I would imagine you'll see it sooner. I'll be they're just so overwhelmed by applications (and people calling to check the status) that they're spouting off the worst case scenario because it's the easiest response to give.

Being patient sucks, but it's about all we can do.

Southpaw
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Southpaw »

Woot woot! It was in the mail after all.....

Gnamaree02
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Gnamaree02 »

KahunaTim wrote::banghead:
Application submitted- mid December, can't remember exact date but think the 14th,
Have been itching to call but held off, check website daily sometimes a few times daily because I love watching to see if the pot will steam or boil...
Called this afternoon and left a callback request. A very pleasant sounding young lady answered my call and I told her I was calling for a status update. She asked for my DL# and put me on hold for what seemed like 20 minutes but was probably only 3. She came back on and gave me the following status statement: "We have recieved your documents and need nothing further, please allow up to 6-8 weeks to verify your documents and then up to 60 days for your background check".
I then stumbled over my tongue a few times and finally said "so I should expect to see my license in April?"

Sounds like you and I spoke to the same woman today. I called at 0825 and heard the same lingo.

GlassG19
Posts in topic: 198

Post by GlassG19 »

Southpaw wrote:Woot woot! It was in the mail after all.....

Congratulations! :txflag: :fire
Stay safe..
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

landy007
Posts in topic: 6

Post by landy007 »

ok guys my seat will be open too :woohoo
here's my timeline
12/14 application submitted and confirmation email received
12/22 fingerprinted
01/31 called and my application was on background check
02/01 called and it was approved
02/06 website update
well all I hope now is to see it in the mail today

thanks guys for keeping this forum alive and hope you all can get out of here soon too

hummelaaron
Posts in topic: 9

Post by hummelaaron »

KahunaTim wrote::banghead:

same here bud, dec 14 confirmation email, i called week before last and was told it was in background and should only be a few more days. I have not called since but website has not changed and i have not recieved any mail. even further my buddy i took the class with mailed his on the 14th snail mail, (i emailed mine and got confirmation same date the 14th) and he recieved his license last week. seems to have no rhyme or reason to it.

shb972

Post by shb972 »

What is a pin letter?

Breny414
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Breny414 »

shb972 wrote:What is a pin letter?
They used to send a PIN number so that you could monitor your application process. However, they no longer do this, and the website no longer displays the status of your app. The only way to know your app has been approved - other than calling - is when the website changes to allow you to change your address, report a lost or stolen license, etc..

Hope this helps.

hummelaaron
Posts in topic: 9

Post by hummelaaron »

and it doesn't seem the webiste is very accurate, my friend who recieved his on friday in the mail checked webiste for giggles today and it still shows pending.

shb972

Post by shb972 »

Ok many thanks for the reply.

Breny414
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Breny414 »

hummelaaron wrote:and it doesn't seem the webiste is very accurate, my friend who recieved his on friday in the mail checked webiste for giggles today and it still shows pending.
True. Several folks got their license before the website changed. for me, the website changed the day before I received my license in the mail. Not sure why. Maybe it has something to do with the frequency that the site is updated.

sweatmachine
Posts in topic: 88

Post by sweatmachine »

Argh. Still waiting. Today is day 50 from my confirmation email. No updates on the DPS website. That is all...

AustinAG2005
Posts in topic: 22

Post by AustinAG2005 »

Day 42 here from the date of my confirmation email. Officially the "6 Week" mark... Nada. :waiting:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”