"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Waitingtech
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Re:

Post by Waitingtech »

sweatmachine wrote:
Waitingtech wrote:Well I did mine all online on and got my verification that all documents had been received on December 21st. It's been almost 60 days now and they haven't started processing my application yet which can take up to 60 days
It's been 45 days since 12/21, which isn't quite "almost 60" as you say.

I know, because I submitted all of my stuff on 12/21 and I've been counting the days. :smash:

Yes.but it is my assumption that is they arent not.even going to.start processing it till next week or the week after and then it is going to take 4-6 weeks from that point then it will be a far deal greater than 60 days

Waitingtech

Re: Re:

Post by Waitingtech »

Waitingtech wrote:
sweatmachine wrote:
Waitingtech wrote:Well I did mine all online on and got my verification that all documents had been received on December 21st. It's been almost 60 days now and they haven't started processing my application yet which can take up to 60 days
It's been 45 days since 12/21, which isn't quite "almost 60" as you say.

I know, because I submitted all of my stuff on 12/21 and I've been counting the days. :smash:

Yes.but it is my assumption that is they arent not.even going to.start processing it till next week or the week after and then it is going to take 4-6 weeks from that point then it will be a far deal greater than 60 days
And 45 is almost 60 especially considering they havent even processed it into their system yet.

FtwBill
Posts in topic: 3

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by FtwBill »

FtwBill wrote:Here is my timeline.

Class on dec 6th
Fingerprints and all docs submitted dec9th

I called today and I was told it mailed out Friday. Should have it today or tomorrow.
My card came today! Not a bad timeline esepcially when you account for the holidays. Good luck to those still waiting.

Waitingtech

Post by Waitingtech »

FtwBill wrote:
FtwBill wrote:Here is my timeline.

Class on dec 6th
Fingerprints and all docs submitted dec9th

I called today and I was told it mailed out Friday. Should have it today or tomorrow.
My card came today! Not a bad timeline esepcially when you account for the holidays. Good luck to those still waiting.
What day was your application processed into their system

FtwBill
Posts in topic: 3

Post by FtwBill »

Docs were submitted the 6th and my confirmation email was the 7th. Did fingerprints on the 9th.

I also had a 20yo dui and 1 arrest with charges dismissed from 15 years ago. I did not submit any docs on that just put all the info on the app. They did not ask me for more documentation.

infoman
Posts in topic: 27

Post by infoman »

You're looking at 3 months for sure.

Gnamaree02
Posts in topic: 104

Timeline for Processing per DPS

Post by Gnamaree02 »

So I just called at 0825 hrs the Handgun Licensing division. Nice woman told me that the countdown on the 30 days for updates and the 60 days for completion begins when your FILE IS COMPLETE. Since my app was received 1/6/2016 but my fingerprints (1/13/2016) weren't confirmed until 1/15/2016, the countdown starts on 1/15/2016.
As for me, when asked she said I didn't have anything else to submit unless they find something in background. I'm assuming it hasn't made it there yet.

sweatmachine
Posts in topic: 88

Re: Timeline for Processing per DPS

Post by sweatmachine »

Gnamaree02 wrote:So I just called at 0825 hrs the Handgun Licensing division. Nice woman told me that the countdown on the 30 days for updates and the 60 days for completion begins when your FILE IS COMPLETE. Since my app was received 1/6/2016 but my fingerprints (1/13/2016) weren't confirmed until 1/15/2016, the countdown starts on 1/15/2016.
As for me, when asked she said I didn't have anything else to submit unless they find something in background. I'm assuming it hasn't made it there yet.
You're calling way too soon!

JD9mm
Posts in topic: 27

Post by JD9mm »

sweatmachine wrote:
Gnamaree02 wrote:So I just called at 0825 hrs the Handgun Licensing division. Nice woman told me that the countdown on the 30 days for updates and the 60 days for completion begins when your FILE IS COMPLETE. Since my app was received 1/6/2016 but my fingerprints (1/13/2016) weren't confirmed until 1/15/2016, the countdown starts on 1/15/2016.
You're calling way too soon!
Yeah... if I were you I wouldn't call again until after Valentines Day at the earliest. I'm not saying anything shady goes on in that office, but its probably not a good idea to annoy the people who are over worked, stressed, and determine when your app is worked on.

In my case, I have called a few to many times. Long story short, my buddy and I did all of our stuff together. (Class together, prints together, and submitted 1 day apart) He never called, and recieved hia license on Feb 1st. I called several times, and my app still has not begun processing.

I'm wondering if I am that guy who called too much and whose app has magically been put back on the bottom of the stack...

toppc22
Posts in topic: 1

Post by toppc22 »

Well, filed online for renewal on Dec 5, 2015. (second renewal by the way). I called today seeing what my status is, and after navigating through their menu (press 1), I was promptly disconnected due to high volume volume of calls. Nice! I called right back, navigated through their menu (press 1) and received a recording saying wait time is 28 mins. I waited patiently and after 15 mins, a not so nice lady said what is your DL number or CHL number. I told her that it has been over 60 days and that was the reason for my call. She said QUOTE: " No one was here in the month of December and that someone looked at my application on Jan 17, 2016" (which was a Sunday by the way). She also said that they are waiting for the background check to come back and there is no time frame on them. Nice! I asked if I was to wait, maybe another 60 days for the process and she said that " I have no idea". So much for section:
GC §411.176. REVIEW OF APPLICATION MATERIALS,
GC §411.177. ISSUANCE OR DENIAL OF LICENSE.
Who really pays attention those silly statues anyways.

Bashful

Post by Bashful »

I filed for my renewal on December 2... Just received the plastic on February 3...
Springfield EMP Lightweight Champion
Glock(s)
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

Gnamaree02
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Gnamaree02 »

FYI I wasn't planning on calling again. I just asked for status on my application. She was totally polite and she received the same in response. After her update of processing, I asked if I had submitted all necessary documents which her response was an affirmative until background analysis was completed. Then I would be notified. I thanked her for her time and assistance and wished her a good weekend. (I'm almost always complete calls in this fashion) She did seem a little surprised by my demeanor though.

So I need to adjust my calendar for the correct timeline countdown. :waiting:

ches0529
Posts in topic: 4

Post by ches0529 »

Plastic in had on day 60!!!!!! :anamatedbanana :txflag: :woohoo

Bm27

Post by Bm27 »

My timeline:
Application- 12/15
Fingerprints- 12/22
Chl 100- 12/29

Just got off the phone with RSD and Rebecca told me to allow 60 days from here. Does the countdown start from all documents received or once you submit your app?

Southpaw
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Southpaw »

Hi everyone,
So I have been keeping tabs on time lines but up until.....oh about 5 minutes ago had not decided to register with this forum. So first my timeline and then a little about my experience up to this point.

My Timeline-
Class- May 2015 (The second one) I never applied after my first class so I had to take it again BC a year had passed.....haha,
Application-12/05
Paperwork Submitted-12/08
Fingerprints-12/20

Now on to my experience, I can say without hesitation that my experience has been a really good one. I waited until Friday Jan 22 to make my first call (Ya I realize 12/20 to 01/22 is not much time to wait) but I like most started to get the "itch". I spoke with a very pleasant gentleman, cannot remember his name but he put me on hold went and talked to someone and said to me that I was in the background check phase and to give it a few more weeks. I sort of laughed and joked with him about being impatient and he said "Call as much as you want, that's why we are here". Ok no problem, other than my inability to be patient. So mustering all the patience I could I was able to get a whole week without calling again....and then I called. This was last Friday the 29th of Jan. I called and I honestly want to say it was the same guy, I was working late so I called from work, it was a bit before 7pm , I was unable to get through earlier so I waited and called later. He told me that everything looked like it had been completed and then said he was going to talk with one of his guys, I was on hold a short while and he came back, he said we are here until 7pm but the problem is not everyone stays until 7.He went on to say it looked as though everything had finished up that morning and to give it 2 weeks to arrive by mail. The website was updated on Feb 1st and Im hoping for a surprise in my mailbox when I go home in about 2 hours but that's still pretty fast and wishful thinking on my part......the USPS HATES ME.(While I typed this I was actually on the line with the USPS filing a claim about a lost package) Anywho, I was nervous about being approved at all, I have been arrested a few times, all non disqualifying and no felonies obviously but I do have one DWI from 09 or 08? I don't have the info in front of me and an arrest as recent as 09/2014, however the 2014 arrest was erroneous and the charges were dismissed. So I do apologize for the long post but the reason I included it all is simply to say.......If your record is good or even has a few blemishes from rowdier days.....its coming. Its gonna be here before you know it and in all honesty this turn around was FAST. It took less time to get this then it did for me to obtain my passport.....THAT was a fiasco lol. I will keep you guys posted on the plastic.

Cheers

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”