"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

GlassG19
Posts in topic: 198

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by GlassG19 »

hendu3270 wrote:
maxrpt wrote::woohoo

Plastic received today!! I'm new to posting but have been following intently. I feel lucky looking at some of the timelines above, maybe they're picking up their pace.

12/5 Application Submitted
12/8 Class completed
12/11 Fingerprints
12/14 Confirmation email
1/25 Website changed!
1/28 Plastic received!!!
... Wally Walk time

Good luck to the rest of you, it'll be there before you know it!
:txflag:
Been checking status on DPS site every couple of days and after seeing YOUR results figured mine should be close. Everything completed on 12/12/15. Checked status this morning and DPS site is updated with links to report lost card, change address, etc. so mine must be on the way.

Congrats! Sounds like you should have plastic in hand shortly then.
:txflag:
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

Gnamaree02
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Gnamaree02 »

GlassG19 wrote:
Gnamaree02 wrote::anamatedbanana Congrats maxrpt!

I'm just wildly speculating but does it make a difference whether you apply before the class or not?
Follow me here with this logic: If you apply during the week before your class, you've paid your fee and secured your appt for fingerprints. All the other applicants at your class (and every other one held that day) might be applying after the class and have further delay with obtaining their fingerprints, whereas your prints are taken soon after and the DPS LTC file is completed, before a large group of individuals joins the application pool for that week.
Therefore, wouldn't it be fair to surmise that, aside from obvious variables/obstacles and all things being equal, this application process might have a bump up in the processing THAT WEEK?
:rules:
Or is it as simple as by week of completion date and alphabetical order?
:waiting:
As someone who used to perform Due Diligence background investigation and reports in corporate legal, it's similar to a timeline I might have used.
And yes, I'm a Virgo so OCD runs through my veins. :banghead:

I did apply before the CLASS (CHL-100) & got the fingerprinting (earliest day & closest) to me was 3 miles from La Casa & exactly 2 weeks after application was completed. Still Waiting... :waiting:
App/12-4
CHL-100/12-11
Fingerprinting/12-17
Damn!! Ugh! Thanks Glass for answering my scenario but not liking the results! :boxing

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

Gnamaree02 wrote:
GlassG19 wrote:

I'm just wildly speculating but does it make a difference whether you apply before the class or not?
Follow me here with this logic: If you apply during the week before your class, you've paid your fee and secured your appt for fingerprints. All the other applicants at your class (and every other one held that day) might be applying after the class and have further delay with obtaining their fingerprints, whereas your prints are taken soon after and the DPS LTC file is completed, before a large group of individuals joins the application pool for that week.
Therefore, wouldn't it be fair to surmise that, aside from obvious variables/obstacles and all things being equal, this application process might have a bump up in the processing THAT WEEK?
As someone who used to perform Due Diligence background investigation and reports in corporate legal, it's similar to a timeline I might have used.

I did apply before the CLASS (CHL-100) & got the fingerprinting (earliest day & closest) to me was 3 miles from La Casa & exactly 2 weeks after application was completed. Still Waiting... :waiting:
App/12-4
CHL-100/12-11
Fingerprinting/12-17
darn!! Ugh! Thanks Glass for answering my scenario but not liking the results! :boxing

:mrgreen: :txflag:
Sorry my gun friend! :lol::
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

loner556
Posts in topic: 4

Post by loner556 »

loner556 wrote:
loner556 wrote:Class: 12/12
App & Upload CHL-100: 12/13
Docs Received Email: 12/14
Prints: 12/21 (1st I could get)

Spoke to them on the phone today and was told I was approved and should be receiving plastic late this week or early next week. Still no change on the website.
Status Change on the Webpage: 1/29
Plastic:1/30
SA RO Champion 45

MichelinMan
Posts in topic: 5

Post by MichelinMan »

Newbie here guys. I see on people's timeline that says "conformation email." Is this the email with the barcode at the top that you send in with your CHL 100? Another question, I see a lot of guys/ladies email their papers in to dps. Unfortunately, my CHL instructor didn't mention that option to us. Would you guys suggest emailing the documents to them as well? I sent my stuff certified mail and was delivered in Austin 12/30/15 and as of today theirs no change on the website. Great thread going on here! Thanks for the help!

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

MichelinMan wrote:Newbie here guys. I see on people's timeline that says "conformation email." Is this the email with the barcode at the top that you send in with your CHL 100? Another question, I see a lot of guys/ladies email their papers in to dps. Unfortunately, my CHL instructor didn't mention that option to us. Would you guys suggest emailing the documents to them as well? I sent my stuff certified mail and was delivered in Austin 12/30/15 and as of today theirs no change on the website. Great thread going on here! Thanks for the help!

Welcome M.Man,
I can only help a little here.
No, the barcode sheet is not the "email confirmation" you will be expecting, just hang onto that (barcode sheet),& since you sent you CHL-100(stuff) certified then you will not be receiving an "email confirmation"...you only receive email confirmation when you email you (Stuff). You also will not be seeing web site change for "at least" 30-45 days once & only once they have received all doc's needed. If you already sent it certified & did your fingerprinting then pull up a seat, you will be here awhile.

zimmerdesignz
Posts in topic: 98

Post by zimmerdesignz »

GlassG19 wrote:
Gnamaree02 wrote:
GlassG19 wrote:

App/12-4
CHL-100/12-11
Fingerprinting/12-17
darn!! Ugh! Thanks Glass for answering my scenario but not liking the results! :boxing

:mrgreen: :txflag:
Sorry my gun friend! :lol::
Since we have been told in the past that our stuff was not in the system yet. I'm thinking they don't touch your stuff until it is time to process it. So, the application date would be the date that matters, as long as all of your stuff is submitted before your turn comes up. Just my thoughts. I'm clueless. I'm just waiting like everyone else. :waiting:
:tiphat:

IsraelisJewish

Post by IsraelisJewish »

Jan 4 took the class and mailed in all docs on Jan 6 2016. Today is Jan 29, 2016. Still waiting. DID get dinged for $45 more dollars.
David (IsraelisJewish)
SunnyWalker.net

zimmerdesignz

Post by zimmerdesignz »

IsraelisJewish wrote:Jan 4 took the class and mailed in all docs on Jan 6 2016. Today is Jan 29, 2016. Still waiting. DID get dinged for $45 more dollars.
Pretty soon to have heard anything back from them. What did you have to submit more money for?

IsraelisJewish

Post by IsraelisJewish »

Well, they just said in the letter I did not include enough money. I did follow what they directed in detail of course. The only thing I can figure is that I did apply as a TDCJ officer (we get a break). However, I think I made the mistake of checking the box on my age and they might have taken me as a senior over the TDCJ type. Oh well, I did not want to slow it down anymore and so just paid the $45.00 :cool:
David (IsraelisJewish)
SunnyWalker.net

IsraelisJewish

Post by IsraelisJewish »

Oh, wait! It was Dec 4 we took the class and Dec 6 that I mailed it all in, not Jan 6. Ha, ha, I really do remember! My wife says I suffer from creeping alz., ha, ha.
David (IsraelisJewish)
SunnyWalker.net

zimmerdesignz

Post by zimmerdesignz »

IsraelisJewish wrote:Oh, wait! It was Dec 4 we took the class and Dec 6 that I mailed it all in, not Jan 6. Ha, ha, I really do remember! My wife says I suffer from creeping alz., ha, ha.
Shouldn't be to much longer

joe817
Posts in topic: 57

Post by joe817 »

IsraelisJewish wrote:Oh, wait! It was Dec 4 we took the class and Dec 6 that I mailed it all in, not Jan 6. Ha, ha, I really do remember! My wife says I suffer from creeping alz., ha, ha.
No, not creeping alz IsraelisJewish.....selective memory! :lol: :tiphat:

It's easy for me to forget to remember what I forgot to remember. :biggrinjester:

After all that nonsense, I hope your wait is a short one. :tiphat:
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

When did you get your fingerprinting done?

AustinAG2005
Posts in topic: 22

Post by AustinAG2005 »

Does the clock start when you upload your docs or when you receive the email confirmation? There was a week in between the two for me.

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”