"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

KC80
Posts in topic: 80

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by KC80 »

mparks217 wrote:It was looking like i was getting close. Email confirmation 12/29. Just got off the phone and was told it takes 6-8 weeks to "attach documents to application" then another 60 days to do the background check. I thought I would be told another 2 or 3 weeks. Not another 2 months. soul crushing :banghead:
Your probably looking at first of March, maybe end of February. Use this time to try holster/gun combos out as well as practice drawing and firing. You will have it before you know it. :txflag:
:seeya:

sigsauerguy
Posts in topic: 9

Post by sigsauerguy »

GOOD NEWS!!! Just got off the phone with DPS and my license was "issued" today, 1/27! They say 7-14 days to get it but I expect to have it by end of the week. I'm in Austin so mail should only take a day to get to me. I never mentioned this before, but that is with 2 arrest on my record back in '98 and '02. Too much time at the Dixie Chicken in my college days... I did list them on my application but did not provide any dispositions or additional information for them (I don't have any of that anyway) and they never sent me a letter asking for more info. So this is day 56 for me, should be a few more days to have it in hand. :hurry:
GlassG19 wrote:
sigsauerguy wrote:Glad I found this forum to understand what everyone else is going through.

CHL Class - 11/30/15
Online Application & confirmation - 12/1/15
Fingerprinted/uploaded/supporting doc confirmation - 12/3/15

Checking status online shows nothing but to allow adequate time for processing. I finally called DPS today. They said my application was entered YESTERDAY. So it took over 30 days to enter. They said I should expect 60 days from this point. So I'll be checking the forum hoping to see someone with similar timeline with some luck.

Sigsauerguy, any news? Has the web site changed for you yet? Your not but 2 weeks before me, so I'm thinking as soon as you get yours I should not be too far away.

jimpilot
Posts in topic: 11

Post by jimpilot »

What number is everybody calling? I was going to wait but it looks like with an all in date of 12/14 I should be real close.

sweatmachine
Posts in topic: 88

Post by sweatmachine »

KC80 wrote:
sweatmachine wrote:Newbie here checking in. Submitted my docs 12/21/15. Still no status change on the Texas.gov License To Carry site. I'm hoping to have plastic around Valentine's Day which would be about 50 days from submission.
Probably looking at 60+ days atleast. Some sooner and others longer.
As long as I get it sometime in February I'm not going to complain too much!

:fire :fire :fire :txflag: :txflag: :txflag:

mparks217
Posts in topic: 8

Post by mparks217 »

loner556 wrote:Class: 12/12
App & Upload CHL-100: 12/13
Docs Received Email: 12/14
Prints: 12/21 (1st I could get)

Spoke to them on the phone today and was told I was approved and should be receiving plastic late this week or early next week. Still no change on the website.
Whaaaat. I submitted my stuff a week after you and I was told 2 more months. I'm hoping the woman I spoke with just didn't know what she was talking about.

JD9mm
Posts in topic: 27

Post by JD9mm »

mparks217 wrote: Whaaaat. I submitted my stuff a week after you and I was told 2 more months. I'm hoping the woman I spoke with just didn't know what she was talking about.
If it is the same lady I got, then she just isn't a very helpful person in general... the guy I talked to after her was awesome. It all just depends on who you talk to.

Vermicious Knid
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Vermicious Knid »

Howdy All,

I've been perusing the site since last month but thought I'd register and submit my bit of info to help the cause. My confirmation email was on 12/14 and my website info changed today. Will further update when plastic is received.

Thanks!

loner556
Posts in topic: 4

Post by loner556 »

JD9mm wrote:
mparks217 wrote: Whaaaat. I submitted my stuff a week after you and I was told 2 more months. I'm hoping the woman I spoke with just didn't know what she was talking about.
If it is the same lady I got, then she just isn't a very helpful person in general... the guy I talked to after her was awesome. It all just depends on who you talk to.
This was the first time I called. I think the gentleman's name that I spoke with today was Daniel. Like I said, no website change or plastic yet. I'll let ya'll know when either change.
SA RO Champion 45

zimmerdesignz
Posts in topic: 98

Post by zimmerdesignz »

Vermicious Knid wrote:Howdy All,

I've been perusing the site since last month but thought I'd register and submit my bit of info to help the cause. My confirmation email was on 12/14 and my website info changed today. Will further update when plastic is received.

Thanks!
Welcome and thanks. Mine is 12/22 so I should be very soon :hurry:
:tiphat:

JD9mm
Posts in topic: 27

Post by JD9mm »

I just got off the phone with Victor. I've seen him mentioned on a different waiting room forum. Anyway, he lived up to his reputation as one of the most helpful people. He went down the hall to talk to the guy working on my application. The background check is in process, but the other agency is being a bit slower than normal due to high volume.

He said that the RDC processor thwt had my app estimated that I would be printed within 2 weeks.
CHL Clas: Dec 5th
Fingerprints: Dec 17th
Docs uploaded: Dec 18th
email confirmation: Dec 20th

jimpilot

Post by jimpilot »

jimpilot wrote:What number is everybody calling? I was going to wait but it looks like with an all in date of 12/14 I should be real close.
Is no one going to share the number or am I missing the obvious?

jimpilot

Post by jimpilot »

jimpilot wrote:
jimpilot wrote:What number is everybody calling? I was going to wait but it looks like with an all in date of 12/14 I should be real close.
Is no one going to share the number or am I missing the obvious?

Never mind found it

hovercat
Posts in topic: 4

Post by hovercat »

Someone else can have my chair, tired of sitting. I think I will take a Wallywalk.
Plastic arrived today! Nov 30 confirmation.
May your wait be short, and thanks for all the support.

GlassG19
Posts in topic: 198

Post by GlassG19 »

hovercat wrote:Someone else can have my chair, tired of sitting. I think I will take a Wallywalk.
Plastic arrived today! Nov 30 confirmation.
May your wait be short, and thanks for all the support.

Congratulations Hovercat!! :txflag:
Stay Safe.
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

Jusme
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Jusme »

Congrats hovercat

Look forward t your post as a new LTC holder sightings, meeting others etc..

Carry responsibly and be safe keep us updated. :cheers2:
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”