Introduce yourself

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Glockedandlocked
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Introduce yourself

Post by Glockedandlocked »

New to forum, have carried on either CHL or credentials for 12 years now, Agency policy does not allow OC off duty but with CHL/LTC we are good to go.

Mid 40's
Male
Law Enforcement/Public Safety (State level)
Divorced
10 years CHL
Glock Pistols 17/22, Galco Fletch and 5.11 Thumbdrive level 2 holster

randy634

Post by randy634 »

Hello all,

I posted yesterday, but I can not find it so maybe I did it wrong.

Here goes again.

41 years old
married with two kids
work in law enforcement (10 years)
was a member of this forum a few years ago, but back again
from Dallas/Garland, now live in Lubbock

Be safe and always carry!
“More important than your obligation to follow your conscience, or at least prior to it, is your obligation to form your conscience correctly.” – Justice Scalia

TexasFlash
Posts in topic: 23

Post by TexasFlash »

Welcome to the forum, Glockedandlocked and randy634! Good stuff here.
Dave :txflag:

paulnkathy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by paulnkathy »

Welcome randy634 :cheers2:

Idratherbecamping
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Idratherbecamping »

:woohoo
TexasFlash wrote:Welcome to the forum, Glockedandlocked and randy634! Good stuff here.
:thumbs2: Welcome!
Lead, Follow, or Get Out of the Way!
Glock 17, because a six shooter doesn't hold enough bullets the way I shoot!
:patriot:

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

Just found this thread, so here goes. I grew up on a farm. Daddy said the word ranch meant 1,000 acres or more, so we had a farm. We were not passionate about guns one way or the other. Guns were just another tool to be used as needed to kill coyotes, varmints, put food on the table, and protect the family. As such, you had to learn how to use them properly, safely, and efficiently. Although, when going through Daddy's things after he died I did find a letter from Senator John Tower in reply to a letter Daddy sent him regarding his concerns about gun control. I can't remember the date on the letter right now, but it was somewhere in the mid '60's.

Momma sewed a pocket into the bib of Daddy's overalls on the inside. He put a .357 revolver in the pocket when people drove up, and sometimes when he went to town. He always stood with his hands stuffed into the bib of his overalls when strangers drove up. He also made sure that none of us every told anyone about that. He was 84 years old when he passed in 1998, so I guess it's okay for me to tell it now.

I remember having a J.C. Higgins 12 gauge and a Marlin .22 hanging on the gun rack in the back window of my truck in the high school parking lot. You never knew when you and a buddy might get a chance to dove hunt, or squirrel hunt after school. I also remember playing mumbley peg all through school from the 1st grade to the 12th. Momma chided me when I came home with holes poked in my shoes and the occasional bloody sock. :oops: Boy, times have sure changed.

I'm still trying to get a feel for this forum. I've seen some posts here that make me shake my head. Iv'e also read some things here that will help me. By and large you seem like a great group of people, and I am learning to respect and value the efforts of Mr. Cotton. I will try to fit in.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

SIRIT

Post by SIRIT »

Age- 37
Gender- male
Profession/school status- Repair technician/barely made it
Marital status - married
Years CHL- 5 years
Texas State Representative House District - not sure (see below)
Carry guns/equipment - glock 26 in supertuck most days. since jan 1st m&p in comfy OWB safariland als

just so everyone knows where I'm coming from.
would fall under Liberal on social issues except obviously the gun thing (my dad says at least I came to my senses on that), very conservative on financial issues and from an extremely across the board conservative republican family both parents former hippies that found God. I got a lot of the hippie and not the religion. Practicing Deist you could say.

I do not vote state or federal and haven't for about 15 years. I do however vote local issues/candidates. I have my reasons which I don't mind talking about but understand I won't try to change your views in the area. I know voting gets a little sensitive for some folks.

To explain myself using well know youtube personality's I want to grow up to be like hickok45, i have the maturity level of the guy from demolition ranch, and I agree with the Yankee Marshall on most things except the weird kinky stuff he apparently enjoys.

nonleg
Posts in topic: 2

Post by nonleg »

Geaux Tigers.

38/39
Male
Info Security Consultant
Married
CHL: 10 Years, 6 years in Tx (the rest were in GA, and I also had a UT permit).
Springfield XD .45 Compact, IWB Southern Holsters.

However bad Texans think it is to get a permit, it was *far* worse in Georgia, particularly anywhere around Atlanta. You people with your five month waits from test to plastic make me sick :) And I may add, the incidences of law abiding OC'ers getting put face first on the floor while ordering chicken or shopping for drywall was *ridiculously* worse in metro ATL than what any of you expect, or will ever reasonably experience. As long as you aren't the dude trying to OC into Monkey Joe's.

OpenCarryArmageddon 2016 was exactly what I knew it would be from OC'ing in GA and LA. A whole bunch of -0-.
Let's not overthink this. Whatever it is.

FCH

Post by FCH »

Age - 66
Gender - male
Profession/school status - retired USAF civilian ... instructor AGE; instructor/course supervisor Aircraft Fuel Systems, Aircraft Maintenance, Vehicle Maintenance; manager, Computer Based Instruction, Computer Systems Quality Control, Computer System Development, Computer Systems Management ... bull and MS in Education
Marital status - married 46 years
Years CHL - 2 months!
Texas State Representative House District --- 119
Texas State Senate District - 19
Carry guns/equipment - EDC CZ 75D Compact in a Sneaky Pete also have a 65+ year old Harrington and Richardson 410, 65+ year old unmarked 12 g, and several pellet guns both old and new
NRA Member
TSRA Member

atx2a

Post by atx2a »

Sex: male
Profession: sales
Education: BA and MA
Applicable Background: PPO/executive protection (10 years)
Years CHL: 15
TSR: Dist. 49
EDC: Bersa BP9CC or Glock 26
Holster: Don Hume leather OWB pancake or Alien Gear IWB

:txflag:
Austin, TX
Speak softly and have a helluva double tap.

Cred's Cariad

Post by Cred's Cariad »

Greetings all. New to this particular forum, but I am active on Glock Talk, Defensive Carry & 1911 forum.

CHL (LTC) holder for 5 years now.

I shoot GSSF, and I have an eye on IDPA.

Would like to take more pistol classes in the DFW area...

loner556

Post by loner556 »

Hello everyone. Just found the Introduce Yourself thread. I registered here last year and did a lot of reading but didn't post until I was in the Waiting Room.

I'm new to CHL but not shooting. My father got me into shooting at age 6 and it's been something I've enjoyed for the last 33 years. I've been wanting to get my CHL for the last 18 years (since 21) but I always had an excuse, didn't have time, didn't have the the money, or friends wanting to take it with me backing out last minute. I scheduled a class in December with a friend (he backed out last minute) but I held the spot and took the class. I've been carrying every day since I received plastic.

Sex: Male
Marital Status: Married
Profession: AutoCAD
TSR District: 15
TSS District: 4
CHL: 1 week
Carry: Kimber Ultra Carry 45 / Springfield Range Officer Champion 45 / Comptac MTAC
SA RO Champion 45

Daddio-on-patio

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

Christian, husband of 1 since '88, father of 4, grandpa of 1.

Done a couple of things over the years:
Airline and air cargo
Railroader
Personal Protection
now a provider in EMS 911 system. (Under paid and misunderstood by much of the general public but I really enjoy it.)

Not a collector of firearms but have the basics:
Couple pistols, couple shotguns, a solid rifle.

Everyday carry XDS 9SC with couple different holsters depending on need. Tuckable, IWB, and belt attached retention.
:patriot: :txflag:
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Jusme »

Hello Folks,

I joined the Forum January 19th,
Male
55 years
Married
Father of 3
Christian,
Boy Scout Troop Chaplin
Church Praise Band Bass player
CHL holder for 2 years
Former Police Officer
Plant Operations Manager

I have been around guns most of my life went rabbit hunting at 12 with my grandfather's 16 gauge Ithaca model 37. Got my own shotgun an H&R single shot 20 gauge at 13. I enjoy all things outdoors, hunting (mostly dove) , fishing, camping, etc..
I carried a S&W model 686 while on duty and a S&W 1049 off duty, sold both of them after I left police work. I have several shotguns and rifles, but curiously only one hand gun a S&W M&P 9. I'm looking to add to my handgun collection and have been "window shopping quite a bit" I was not sure I wanted to obtain my CHL, I had been out of law enforcement for several years, and really hadn't felt the need to carry. As the political climate along with other issues throughout the country began to change, I decided to take the class and get my License. I carry everyday, except for my son's school activities. I have been fortunate, in that I have never found myself in a situation (since I left law enforcement) where I needed to use my gun, but I look at it like an insurance policy. I really enjoy this forum, and the exchange of ideas, opinions and information. I have referred several people to the site.
I always look forward to logging on to see what new information I can obtain.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

TexasFlash
Posts in topic: 23

Post by TexasFlash »

Welcome to the forum, all! Glad you are here.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”