walmart asking for chl

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

anomie
Posts in topic: 6

Re: walmart asking for chl

Post by anomie »

I'd google for it if I knew what station, but is that available online? I'd be interested in watching it.

Edit: this article has the following statement from the TABC:
The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Code does not contain language specifically requiring businesses to check the License to Carry of patrons who choose to carry handguns into a TABC-licensed establishment. However, under Sections 11.61(e) and 61.71(f) of the Code, businesses could lose their liquor license or permit if an unlicensed handgun is brought onto the premises. Ultimately, how business owners choose to verify the licensed status of a person carrying a handgun is up to them.
http://www.fox7austin.com/news/local-ne ... 9627-story

(the statement "businesses could lose their liquor license or permit if an unlicensed handgun is brought onto the premises." is probably literally true because it could happen if the business knowingly allowed it, but the fact that this statement is omitting the knowingly is kind of weird)
You can have an attitude
or you can carry a gun
but you can't do both
-- unknown (If you have any information on the origination of this quote, please let me know)

parabelum
Posts in topic: 10

Post by parabelum »

mojo84,
I'm getting little fed up with your bully attitude towards anyone who's "new". Who are you?

People are stating their opinions here and you go around with that attitude.

While I state my opinion sometimes more forcefully then I ought to, I have not gone into an attack mode. Is this your usual modus operandi?

I'm new here, so please do educate me. I'm just going to do my best to fit in.

"rlol"

mojo84
Posts in topic: 39

Post by mojo84 »

Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WTR »

anomie wrote:I'd google for it if I knew what station, but is that available online? I'd be interested in watching it.

Edit: this article has the following statement from the TABC:
The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Code does not contain language specifically requiring businesses to check the License to Carry of patrons who choose to carry handguns into a TABC-licensed establishment. However, under Sections 11.61(e) and 61.71(f) of the Code, businesses could lose their liquor license or permit if an unlicensed handgun is brought onto the premises. Ultimately, how business owners choose to verify the licensed status of a person carrying a handgun is up to them.
http://www.fox7austin.com/news/local-ne ... 9627-story

(the statement "businesses could lose their liquor license or permit if an unlicensed handgun is brought onto the premises." is probably literally true because it could happen if the business knowingly allowed it, but the fact that this statement is omitting the knowingly is kind of weird)

KVIA NEWS......search TABC

anomie

Post by anomie »

WTR wrote:KVIA NEWS......search TABC
Thanks!
You can have an attitude
or you can carry a gun
but you can't do both
-- unknown (If you have any information on the origination of this quote, please let me know)

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

parabelum wrote:mojo84,
I'm getting little fed up with your bully attitude towards anyone who's "new". Who are you?

While I state my opinion sometimes more forcefully then I ought to, I have not gone into an attack mode. Is this your usual modus operandi?

"rlol"
Parabelum, you are new to the Forum and I believe you said you are relatively new to this country. Some of your posts are coming across rather antagonistic, but that could well be unintended. You have experiences that are foreign to virtually all Forum Members and that could well influence your opinions and comments. I understand and respect your feelings and your appreciation for our country.

Most Members of the Forum are a close-nit group and some are almost like family members. Like family members, we agree, disagree, joke and sometimes get irritated. But let one of the "Family" need help or prayers, and all the banter is put aside and we support our brothers and sisters. My description obviously doesn't apply to everyone, but it does to most.

Take a step back, don't take offense, and become one of us. It really doesn't take long.

Chas.

TXBO
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TXBO »

I don't think I've ever walked into Walmart with my shirt tucked in. LOL

parabelum
Posts in topic: 10

Post by parabelum »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
parabelum wrote:mojo84,

"rlol"
Parabelum, you are new to the Forum and I believe you said you are relatively new to this country. Some of your posts are coming across rather antagonistic, but that could well be unintended. You have experiences that are foreign to virtually all Forum Members and that could well influence your opinions and comments. I understand and respect your feelings and your appreciation for our country.

Most Members of the Forum are a close-nit group and some are almost like family members. Like family members, we agree, disagree, joke and sometimes get irritated. But let one of the "Family" need help or prayers, and all the banter is put aside and we support our brothers and sisters. My description obviously doesn't apply to everyone, but it does to most.

Take a step back, don't take offense, and become one of us. It really doesn't take long.

Chas.

Thank you Charles.

I am new to this forum, yes. This year will mark my 17th anniversary of being in this great Country.

Hat tip to you for everything that you do.

My apologies for coming across antagonistic, I come from a place where letting yourself get bullyed will get you hurt or worse, so I may be a bit abrasive when I sense an incoming bully.

Again, my apologies.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

The ironic and semi humorous thing about this, I am usually on the other side when it comes to Walmart. I cannot recall another time that I have come to Walmart's defense.

safety1

Post by safety1 »

dru wrote:This is a situation where being polite to the Wal-Mart staff will go a long, long way in making them feel comfortable with open carry. If you're OCing in their store and they ask to see it, show them your CHL and all the while be cheerful, polite, and act like its the most normal thing in the world. It will ease their anxiety and make you seem like you aren't some weirdo. It'll make the OC crowd look a lot better too and may give them pause to re-evaluate their own assumptions about OC based on what they've seen on news reports vs. what they're now seeing in real life
:iagree:
Last edited by safety1 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. ~ Ronald Reagan ~
NRA - Life Member

safety1

Post by safety1 »

I had a wise old man tell me years ago,
"Young man, you'll catch a lot more flys
with honey than you ever will with all
that vinegar your spewing" I've tried to
apply that in my life, not always as
successful as I'd like to have been. Never
the less.....I think this a a perfect time
to open up that jar of honey.
We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. ~ Ronald Reagan ~
NRA - Life Member

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

TXBO wrote:I don't think I've ever walked into Walmart with my shirt tucked in. LOL
:lol: It's been at least 13 years for me.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

fast86gn

Post by fast86gn »

Lot's of drama on this topic. lol I shop at Walmart all of the time but i usually CC. If i open carry I don't have a problem showing anyone my license to do so. Not a big deal to me.
David

AJSully421
Posts in topic: 4

Post by AJSully421 »

locke_n_load wrote:I refuse to believe that Walmart manager's are going to carry this out - please let me know if we see a memo from Walmart.com, not these other websites. Or if someone is actually asked for their LTC by Walmart employees.

To date, I have not heard of one instance of a carrier being asked for LTC at Walmart, which makes me believe that the information being thrown around is speculation and not from Walmart at all.
Read my post on page 7 of this thread. I got carded in SW Fort Worth about a week ago. No big deal.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”