OC Day 8--Still Haven't Seen Any

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

SA_Steve
Posts in topic: 2

Re: OC Day 8--Still Haven't Seen Any

Post by SA_Steve »

If TX is like the other OC states, it will be a very rare sight after the initial excitement of it wears off.
You may have the last word.

CoffeeNut
Posts in topic: 1

Post by CoffeeNut »

I haven't seen any in the San Antonio area yet. I wasn't expecting to see many in the city but I was expecting more than 0.
EDC: Sig Sauer P320SC / P238

nyj

Post by nyj »

I'd venture to say that it's a foreign concept to most people and brings about some uneasiness (hence someone wanting to do a group OC on the 1st, because they weren't comfortable doing it alone).

I haven't seen any, either. Went to Cabela's and there were probably 20 people in the gun area, and not one was OC.

Glockman03

Post by Glockman03 »

No sightings of OC in or near Harlingen, TX. I myself prefer CC.

Bugler

Post by Bugler »

I have, here in the Beaumont area, but I haven't seen anyone else, yet. I

FastCarry

Post by FastCarry »

I'm all over DFW and haven't seen anyone OC. I wonder if any of the stores rushing to get signs have even seen any. I'd feel silly putting up signs then realizing I freaked out over nothing.

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Same here, seen plenty of signs though.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I think this is an indicator of just how few people that want to conceal carry. I also think many of us on here would be surprised at just how few are committed concealed carriers. To me, passing open carry was more about principle than practical open carry on a regular basis.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

tiger1279

Post by tiger1279 »

Open carry is not even allowed at my apartment complex (Houston). It's a violation of my lease to display a firearm in the common areas of the complex. According to my manager, the parking lots are considered common areas - so I can't even OC walking to my car. If you live in an apartment in Texas you are probably facing the same restrictions since most apartment complexes here belong to the Texas Apartment Association and they all use the same lease format. :rules:

jmra

Post by jmra »

I haven't seen any OCers and don't expect to see any. Like some others have stated I supported OC on principle, but I rarely do things based solely on the basis that "I can". My mode of carry will more than likely switch from IWB to OWB but will still carry concealed.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Rmartinez37

Post by Rmartinez37 »

I've seen only one, I was in a jack in the box. I was carrying as well, but mine was under a shirt and a thick jacket. :tiphat:

justa2e2

Post by justa2e2 »

I have been all over the west side of San Antonio and I OC everyday now. I have only seen one sign (legal) at a greek place and Freebirds just has a "Please no open carry" piece of paper. I as well haven't seen anyone OC'ing except myself. I do believe it is due to the cold weather though, I would imagine you will see more people as the weather warms up as the biggest complaint of CC is it being so difficult due to just wearing a shirt over and worrying about printing. I am glad to be able not worry about printing or just having the choice of covering it up or not.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

First sighting of an open carrier in the wild. He was having lunch at Mary's Tacos in Boerne. He was sitting in a spot where every person that dines in has to walk past him with his gun within a foot of them. I'm sat behind him watching the people as they passed. I haven't seen one respond in a negative way. I've only seen one or two doubletakes.

All in all, no big deal.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

rentz

Post by rentz »

havent seen a single open carry yet.

what happened to the streets being filled with blood and everyone having a gun on their hip?

Lena

Post by Lena »

I finally saw my 1st last night in Walmart in Greenville Texas a 35-45 year old white female with a small child, I smiled and she returned it. She was carrying what looked like a 1911 Commander size pistol on her hip in a well worn leather Askins Avenger style holster, I did not notice an extra mag pouch.
Stay Safe

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”