Obama on CNN tonight

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
parabelum
Posts in topic: 2

Obama on CNN tonight

Post by parabelum »

Load up on your BP meds and watch if you can stomach this tyrant.

""The goal of the town hall meeting is for the President to engage with both people who support his position on gun safety, but also to have a conversation with those who don't agree with some of the President's positions on these issues," White House spokesman Josh Earnest said on Wednesday of the event at George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/07/politics/ ... town-hall/

I'm sure it will all be well sanitized and sterile, with kids in the background, just like Hitler did.
Not saying he is Hitler, but he does have predilection towards Hitleresque disposition....

Distinguished Rick
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Obama on CNN tonight

Post by Distinguished Rick »

I'm watching wrestling, that is unless His Royal Highness makes it mandatory. If he does I will turn off the TV and go wash my hair.
CHL holder since 1996.
USMC Shooting Team 1985 - 1988
Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge - 1986
"People sleep peacefully at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

winters
Banned

Post by winters »

yea I'm sure he is going to let gun supporters speak. Right after they start speaking king obama will interrupt them.

wnp2004

Post by wnp2004 »

King obama :nono:

cyphertext
Posts in topic: 3

Post by cyphertext »

I watched... and am not happy... The NRA didn't even bother to attend and represent their members. I think my money will just stay in my wallet this year!

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

cyphertext wrote:I watched... and am not happy... The NRA didn't even bother to attend and represent their members. I think my money will just stay in my wallet this year!
Mine will happily make it to the NRA. On the flip side --- You think Obama would go on Fox with Bill O'Rielly hosting the town hall?
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

mr surveyor

Post by mr surveyor »

TexasJohnBoy wrote:
cyphertext wrote:I watched... and am not happy... The NRA didn't even bother to attend and represent their members. I think my money will just stay in my wallet this year!
Mine will happily make it to the NRA. On the flip side --- You think Obama would go on Fox with Bill O'Rielly hosting the town hall?

might want to watch o'rielly a little closer .... o'rielly is a long island liberal and supporter of "thu wun's" gun control tactics

jd
It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

howdy

Post by howdy »

I saw an NRA big wig being interviewed tonight on Mehgan Kelly (Fox News) and she asked why the NRA did not attend this meeting. He said the NRA was only going to be asked one question and not allowed to participate in the other discussions.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

The NRA had something to say about that. In fact, they refused to participate EXACTLY because the believed that Obama would not focus on the facts, but would use the CNN program as a forum to beat up on them, to try and "take them down". It sounds to me like Obama succeeded with you.

I donated money tonight to NRA.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

One Shot

Post by One Shot »

They're smart not to make it a debate between the NRA and Obama, as he wants it to be. Fact is, he wants to deny the fact that the American people support private gun ownership (look at the sales numbers), which he does not, and wants to blame the NRA or gun industry for the problem. He can't blame Congress for not passing restrictions if they are representing the belief of their constituents, so he makes it about NRA influence of Congress.
One Shot

jed

Post by jed »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
The NRA had something to say about that. In fact, they refused to participate EXACTLY because the believed that Obama would not focus on the facts, but would use the CNN program as a forum to beat up on them, to try and "take them down". It sounds to me like Obama succeeded with you.

I donated money tonight to NRA.
This entire circus side show was intended to be an NRA bbq. Almost every obama reply mentioned the NRA. Why would the NRA want to go to your own stoning?

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

The NRA chose not to dignify the charade with their presence. :clapping:

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Where is a "Walking Dead" marathon when you need one?

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Topic author
parabelum

Post by parabelum »

I'm glad the NRA didn't attend his charade. It was a staged and scripted show designed to play "gothcha" with NRA. They didn't take the bait. Good choice.

BTW

NRA's take

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/nra-s ... le/2579903

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

mr surveyor wrote:
TexasJohnBoy wrote:

might want to watch o'rielly a little closer .... o'rielly is a long island liberal and supporter of "thu wun's" gun control tactics

jd
I believe you - I don't watch him much at all, I was simply attempting to make the point that it may not be as friendly of a forum. Maybe a bad example of a host
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”