"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

GlassG19
Posts in topic: 198

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by GlassG19 »

jasonw3 wrote:
Breny414 wrote: This "waiting room" is for folks lamenting their wait and giving their timeline. :rules:
Sure we all want our applications processed yesterday. What people really want to know is how long the process is taking at the current moment and what problems people may have encountered, which can really only be measured when DPS provides some type of response. That's when a timeline matters. If you submitted everything a week ago and haven't received your license yet or other communication from DPS, posting a timeline provides very little value to others. :banghead:

Just a reminder, you're in the "Waiting Room" the other room is down the hall on the right. :txflag:
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

landy007
Posts in topic: 6

Post by landy007 »

jasonw3 wrote:
Breny414 wrote: This "waiting room" is for folks lamenting their wait and giving their timeline. :rules:
Sure we all want our applications processed yesterday. What people really want to know is how long the process is taking at the current moment and what problems people may have encountered, which can really only be measured when DPS provides some type of response. That's when a timeline matters. If you submitted everything a week ago and haven't received your license yet or other communication from DPS, posting a timeline provides very little value to others. :banghead:
You know, not trying to be mean but... just don't enter here in "the waiting room" if you are so irritated. Over here we just share and Enjoy our wait till that day when we get our plastic :thewave

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

:iagree:
landy007 wrote:
jasonw3 wrote:
You know, not trying to be mean but... just don't enter here in "the waiting room" if you are so irritated. Over here we just share and Enjoy our wait till that day when we get our plastic :thewave

:iagree: ,, all in enjoyment.
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

KC80
Posts in topic: 80

Post by KC80 »

56 days and still nothing. :blowup
:seeya:

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

KC80 wrote:56 days and still nothing. :blowup

That just means the eagle is about to land, she's flying in from Austin & the flyte shouldn't be much longer. :hurry:

KC80

Post by KC80 »

Your so optimistic. :lol:

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

KC80 wrote:Your so optimistic. :lol:

No, realistic, & I "try real hard" not to worry about things that are not in my control, & this is one of those things. So no worries,, it will come very soon, you'll see.

Keep Shootin.... :fire

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

I wish I was super patient,
Final item sent 12/17 ( fingerprinting done)
I'm sure I won't see mine till late Jan or mid Feb.
. you feel a little better now KC80? Lol!

KC80

Post by KC80 »

GlassG19 wrote:

;-)

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

KC80 wrote:
GlassG19 wrote:

;-)

Well I got an update; lady was very nice & from start of conversation to hanging up, 25 seconds total, excellent for DPS RSD. (I sent app Dec 4) (sent CHL 100 Dec 11)
(sent fingerprints Dec 17). Her exact words were, "the reason yours has not been processed yet is because they're STILL working on November's applications. :headscratch So,, with that said I know I have at least another 30 days or more to go. I hope everyone who did theirs back in November get theirs soon so they can start on December's. :headscratch

sigsauerguy
Posts in topic: 9

Post by sigsauerguy »

Glad I found this forum to understand what everyone else is going through.

CHL Class - 11/30/15
Online Application & confirmation - 12/1/15
Fingerprinted/uploaded/supporting doc confirmation - 12/3/15

Checking status online shows nothing but to allow adequate time for processing. I finally called DPS today. They said my application was entered YESTERDAY. So it took over 30 days to enter. They said I should expect 60 days from this point. So I'll be checking the forum hoping to see someone with similar timeline with some luck.

JD9mm
Posts in topic: 27

Post by JD9mm »

CHL/LTC class: 12-5
Application Submitted: 12-15
Fingerprints :12-17
Uploaded documents: 12-18

Only been 3 weeks since uploading the documents and it feels like it is taking FOREVER. At least I am in good company.

Speaking of company, my employer has not had a gun policy of any kind. On Dec. 30, the HR manager told me that they due to the concerns of employees, they are creating a policy that would be posted by the new year. She didn't know what it would be yet, but she knows will have at least 30.07 signs up, and possibly 30.06 as well.

Jan 8th and still no signs up! I am hoping they keep forgetting about it...

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

JD9mm wrote:CHL/LTC class: 12-5
Application Submitted: 12-15
Fingerprints :12-17
Uploaded documents: 12-18

Only been 3 weeks since uploading the documents and it feels like it is taking FOREVER. At least I am in good company.

Speaking of company, my employer has not had a gun policy of any kind. On Dec. 30, the HR manager told me that they due to the concerns of employees, they are creating a policy that would be posted by the new year. She didn't know what it would be yet, but she knows will have at least 30.07 signs up, and possibly 30.06 as well.

Jan 8th and still no signs up! I am hoping they keep forgetting about it...
JD9mm, yours & my timeline are almost identical. My last item sent was 12-17, I spoke to them this morning & they did receive all supporting doc's that (12-17) week. If I see or hear anything I will post & if you would as well that would be great.

We're here in the waiting room for awhile, because I have a previous arrest record in 1993, mine should be delayed. Probably Feb for me. That's ok though, it will come.

JD9mm
Posts in topic: 27

Post by JD9mm »

GlassG19 wrote:JD9mm, yours & my timeline are almost identical. My last item sent was 12-17, I spoke to them this morning & they did receive all supporting doc's that (12-17) week. If I see or hear anything I will post & if you would as well that would be great.

We're here in the waiting room for awhile, because I have a previous arrest record in 1993, mine should be delayed. Probably Feb for me. That's ok though, it will come.
That stinks abiut the record. I hope it doesn't cause too much of a delay for you.

I am hoping I get passed through pretty quickly. The state has fingerprinted and background checked my so many times that the Identigo lady called me by name when I walked in.

I have been background checked for my teaching certificate, insurance licenses, investment licences, foster parent license, and a few others. At this point I think that Texas would have a rubber stamp just for me!

Freedommachine
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Freedommachine »

Dang guys I just registered because I'm getting excited. It seems it's getting closer to my special day lol Hopefully they're done with November pretty soon. :drool:
Finger Prints 12/4/15
CHL-100 12/6/15
Confirmation of documents received: 12/7/15

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”