Almost went to jail!!!

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

spx74
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Almost went to jail!!!

Post by spx74 »

I'm just glad that with the new laws I don't have to worry about some one seeing my gun when I reach up or bend over. I will not stir up trouble, that way we are probably going to be left alone. Just the way I like it :woohoo

thetexan
Posts in topic: 12

Post by thetexan »

PSTL*PAKR wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:I like to give people a chance to redeem themselves. If and when a person validates what and who they are then that is their business. The piling on just seemed a little excessive to me. If that makes me look deficient in your eyes so be it. I am entitled to my opinion.
Thanks guy... But its funny how Im getting attacked here by being called these names, but nobody is telling them anything... I simply told my story and thats it. This will be my last post, too many bullies on here.....IM OUT!!!!

I am reminded of a scene from the movie Tombstone, where Wyatt Earp played by Kurt Russell is riding out of town and passes William Brocius played by Powers Boothe.

Earp says "I just want you to know it's over"

and Brocius says "Well.......bye".
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA Pistol Instructor, CFI, CFII, MEI Instructor Pilot

tomtexan
Posts in topic: 3

Post by tomtexan »

PSTL*PAKR wrote: I will prove it. I will do it again, and post it on youtube
I just can't believe someone would risk their license that cost so much time and money to obtain, just to prove a point. :headscratch

I do think this person is a troll and is bluffing. :mad5
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 7

Post by flintknapper »

It was reason and discernment that made it clear he was trolling. The evidence was laid out so that even an ant could see it.
Uh-Huh .....and WHO decided that?
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Karma seldom forgets.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

thetexan
Posts in topic: 12

Post by thetexan »

tomtexan wrote:
PSTL*PAKR wrote: I will prove it. I will do it again, and post it on youtube
I just can't believe someone would risk their license that cost so much time and money to obtain, just to prove a point. :headscratch

I do think this person is a troll and is bluffing. :mad5
So. He is going to go back in to where ever he claims he was, with the same of newer sign, walk in after having been scolded by police, with a police record of the visit, and prove to the rest of us that, what, it CAN be done??? Sure it CAN be done.

I look forward to that youtube! Should make for a great party video.

Ladies and Gentlemen.....Paaaaaaaaalace your bets!

tex
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA Pistol Instructor, CFI, CFII, MEI Instructor Pilot

mojo84
Posts in topic: 23

Post by mojo84 »

flintknapper wrote:
It was reason and discernment that made it clear he was trolling. The evidence was laid out so that even an ant could see it.
Uh-Huh .....and WHO decided that?

I laid it out in my posts. It is pretty obvious. Too bad you can't see it.
Last edited by mojo84 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

anygunanywhere wrote:Karma seldom forgets.

Yeah, fabricating a story like that just to stir the pot will come come back to bite the fabricator. It's a shame you can't or chose not to see what he was doing.

By the way, I don't believe in karma.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 5

Post by baldeagle »

mreed911 wrote:
goose wrote:
mreed911 wrote:triple tap
looking to sell a firearm?
No, my browser and this site don't get along. It posted the same thing three times. Chrome on OS X... and it's the only forum I seem to have this problem with.

I didn't even know there was a classifieds section here. :)

I'd be fine with a mod deleting them.
Strange. I use Chrome on OSX and do not have any problems with this site.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

I laid it out in my posts. It is pretty obvious. Too bad you can't see it.
What I "see" is ONE person appointing themselves judge and jury, confident they have the answer(s)?

I agree with 'some' of your points, but am not persuaded to summarily attack the character or intentions of the OP, having no more to go on than has been posted. Perhaps you are less inclined to exercise restraint?
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

mojo84 wrote:

Yeah, fabricating a story like that just to stir the pot will come come back to bite the fabricator. It's a shame you can't or chose not to see what he was doing.

Friend,

I made my post about cutting him slack BEFORE he posted this:
PSTL*PAKR wrote:I will prove it. I will do it again, and post it on youtube
I was not ignoring what he was posting so there is no shame on me.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 1

Post by nightmare69 »

Kudos. He accomplished his mission. A 10 page thread that most everyone bought hook, line, and sinker. Trololololol
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

He posted this long before any of this in this thread was posted.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=81327&p=1035928#p1035928

viewtopic.php?f=129&t=76754

I noticed his inconsistencies in this thread, recalled a previous interaction I had with him and did some additional research before I called him on it. I even gave him some opportunities to come clean or clear up his inconsistencies. Yes, I was very confident before I took a public stand.

The judge and jury comment is nothing but childish personal attack.
Last edited by mojo84 on Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

anygunanywhere wrote:
mojo84 wrote:

Friend,

I made my post about cutting him slack BEFORE he posted this:
PSTL*PAKR wrote:I will prove it. I will do it again, and post it on youtube
I was not ignoring what he was posting so there is no shame on me.
But your karma comment was well after it.

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 5

Post by baldeagle »

Here's what I understand about this issue. The state has passed laws that define precisely what a sign must look like to be compliant. It has to be in both Spanish and English. The letters have to be a certain height. The wording has to be precisely what the law says. If a sign is non-compliant, a licensed gun carrier may walk past it without breaking the law.

Here's where the difference comes in that so many seem to be missing. 30.07 protects CC. If a business owner wants to completely and legally ban guns from their business they MUST post both signs properly. If a business owner has an incorrect 30.07 sign but no 30.06 sign, you can walk in open carrying, but you can also rest assured you will receive verbal notice. The problem is that verbal notice MAY prevent you from CCing in that business in the future, depending upon how the notice was given. "We don't want guns in here" is sufficient legal notice for both CC and OC. Now you can NEVER legally enter that business armed, even if they take their signs down. (Charles was very clear on that, and since he was involved in the writing of almost every gun law on the books, I'll take his professional evaluation that verbal notice is forever.)

So, while it may gall you that businesses don't have to use proper signs, you are faced with a choice. Ignore the improper sign and risk being banned forever and possibly having the business owner post BOTH 30.07 and 30.06, ruining it for all gun carriers. Or admit the obvious fact that the business does not want open carry and CC if you need to go in, letting sleeping dogs lie.

I believe there should be a reporting procedure for improper signage, perhaps only for 30.07, that allows gun carriers to report businesses that are out of compliance. Then perhaps the law can impose a fine on a business that uses improper signage and then calls the police to enforce their desires, so that they can be given a specific amount of time to either come into compliance or remove the signs. Or they can simply pay the police every time they call them, much like the charge for false alarms on alarm systems.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”