"No worries"

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
thetexan
Posts in topic: 2

"No worries"

Post by thetexan »

Please......STOP!

The phrase 'no worries' drives me crazy! I know, I know, I'm setting my self up for a blast of kidding, but I'm hearing that everywhere. Everyone is doing it!!!!!

NO WORRIES! I've got enough for 5 people so please stop telling me 'no worries'.

And while I'm at it.....when I say thank you the proper response is 'you're welcome'. Not "No problem"! As if to say this time it wasn't a problem but it might have been...but this time...'no problem'.

As if purchasing a burger from your establishment could have been a problem, but lucky for me, this time it was 'no problem'!

AND WHILE I'M AT IT....."I could care less" Really, you COULD care less. Don't you mean you COULDN'T care less?"

S T O P!!!! This is giving me a holiday headache.

tex :rules:

ok, open the gates
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA Pistol Instructor, CFI, CFII, MEI Instructor Pilot

RossA
Banned

Re: "No worries"

Post by RossA »

I constantly preach things like this to young employees at my firm. I thought I was the only one who cared about some of the stupid things that are common speech nowadays.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

Look... "irregardeless" if think you have a point or not. I could care less!

and yes... No Problem! "rlol"
Last edited by Syntyr on Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

FastCarry
Posts in topic: 1

Post by FastCarry »

Relax.. We are all alive today. Enjoy. No worries, no problems, you're welcome.

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

I understand, no worries bruh
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

RJGold
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RJGold »

thetexan wrote:Please......STOP!

The phrase 'no worries' drives me crazy! I know, I know, I'm setting my self up for a blast of kidding, but I'm hearing that everywhere. Everyone is doing it!!!!!

NO WORRIES! I've got enough for 5 people so please stop telling me 'no worries'.

And while I'm at it.....when I say thank you the proper response is 'you're welcome'. Not "No problem"! As if to say this time it wasn't a problem but it might have been...but this time...'no problem'.

As if purchasing a burger from your establishment could have been a problem, but lucky for me, this time it was 'no problem'!

AND WHILE I'M AT IT....."I could care less" Really, you COULD care less. Don't you mean you COULDN'T care less?"

S T O P!!!! This is giving me a holiday headache.

tex :rules:

ok, open the gates
Normally "no worries" would not be meant to tell you not to worry, I'm used to hearing it as "No worries = your request is not worrysome to me". In the UK, you might hear "It's no bother" or "I'm not bothered" or "no bother" to mean the same thing.

I agree on the "no problem" and "couldn't care less" responses...

On the lighter side, if this is what's on your mind today, maybe you truly have "no worries"!!! :biggrinjester:
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 4

Post by anygunanywhere »

Dude!
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

thenick_ttu

Post by thenick_ttu »

I don't think OP understands what No Worries and No Problem means.

If I say No Worries to you, I'm not telling you not to worry. I'm saying that I'm not going to worry about it.

When someone responds with No Problem when you say Thank You, they are basically saying "what I did was such a small thing that you don't even need to say thank you. It was no problem for me to do that."

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 5

Post by The Annoyed Man »

FastCarry wrote:Relax.. We are all alive today. Enjoy. No worries, no problems, you're welcome.
It is what it is. :mrgreen:

Lord, how I hate that expression. :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 5

Post by The Annoyed Man »

anygunanywhere wrote:Dude!
"rlol"
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Fine then, I'll just say 'Hakuna Matata'!
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

Take a chill pill Bill.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

"No worries" is vernacular to Australia, i.e. "no worries, mate."

:tiphat:

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

thenick_ttu wrote:I don't think OP understands what No Worries and No Problem means.

If I say No Worries to you, I'm not telling you not to worry. I'm saying that I'm not going to worry about it.

When someone responds with No Problem when you say Thank You, they are basically saying "what I did was such a small thing that you don't even need to say thank you. It was no problem for me to do that."
:iagree:

Seriously in all generations people have come up with new and different ways of saying things, especially the boring and semi-obligatory sayings in daily speech.

When the telephone first became available to many people, it was common to answer an incoming call with “are you there?”. That was pretty silly if you gave it more than a passing thought. Why would your phone be ringing if no one was there?

I close with my favorite “Have a good day” :roll: MY thought “no one is going to tell me what kind of day to have”. :grumble
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

Abraham
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Abraham »

Being commanded to "Enjoy" when a waiter serves me what I'm paying for.

I might or I might not "Enjoy" it.

It could be wonderful or mediocre or vomit inducing.

Keep yer premature "Enjoy" to yourself maggot.

Return to “Off-Topic”