"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

KC80
Posts in topic: 80

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by KC80 »

berkleemuir wrote:Sigh, here is my timeline:
Dec. 12: CHL class
Dec. 16: Fingerprints, supporting documents sent.

No confirmation email as of now. Sigh, I have a feeling is going to be a looooooong 60 days... :???:
How did you send documents, snail mail or email? If snail then you won't get a confirmation.
:seeya:

TheRustyShackleford
Posts in topic: 16

Post by TheRustyShackleford »

TheRustyShackleford wrote:I'm a new member...

I should have applied for my CHL a LONG time ago, just kinda never got around to it, anyways, my current timetable is as follows:

Completed Online Application: 11/05/15
Completed CHL Class: 11/07/15
Completed Fingerprinting: 11/13/15
Submitted All Paperwork to the DPS Online: 11/13/15
DPS Documents Received E-Mail: 11/16/15

Currently nothing has changed for me on the DPS website, it still asks if I want to apply as an instructor. I'm a former DPS employee (less than one year removed from service) I was hopeful that my background would still be on file.

I'm hopeful to have my plastic in hand by December 16th, but I doubt that's possible, is it?
I just got off the phone with the DPS, I was approved 12/17 and I'm currently in the print phase!

:thewave :thewave :thewave
shi-shi-sha...

GlassG19
Posts in topic: 198

Post by GlassG19 »

TheRustyShackleford wrote:
TheRustyShackleford wrote:I'm a new member...

I should have applied for my CHL a LONG time ago, just kinda never got around to it, anyways, my current timetable is as follows:

Completed Online Application: 11/05/15
Completed CHL Class: 11/07/15
Completed Fingerprinting: 11/13/15
Submitted All Paperwork to the DPS Online: 11/13/15
DPS Documents Received E-Mail: 11/16/15

Currently nothing has changed for me on the DPS website, it still asks if I want to apply as an instructor. I'm a former DPS employee (less than one year removed from service) I was hopeful that my background would still be on file.

I'm hopeful to have my plastic in hand by December 16th, but I doubt that's possible, is it?
I just got off the phone with the DPS, I was approved 12/17 and I'm currently in the print phase!

:thewave :thewave :thewave

Lucky! ....lol...... Congrats l!!!
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

Finally got my email 12-18 confirming "supporting doc's received from last item sent, (did & sent fingerprints
12-17. Someone here said I shouldn't be getting email confirmation from fingerprints received but I did, I sent app 12-11. I'm praying that may mean they're getting right on it due to plenty of DPS employees & they're caught up?? I'm hoping anyway,,,lol,,, I'm sure it will be 45-60 even w/ no arrests, my luck.
"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace"- George Washington

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

jpbaney wrote:Here is my Timeline:

Online Application: 6/22/15
Fingerprinted: 9/11/15
Completed CHL Course: 12/6/15
Submitted CHL-100 and DD-214: 12/6/15
Email stating documents received 12/7/15
Now patiently waiting by the mailbox.

Hopefully, the long wait after my application and fingerprints doesn't affect how fast my application is approved.

Would you keep us updated on your responses or plastic cause I'm right after you?
My timeline
12-4-15 application
12-11-15 CHL-100,
12-17-15 fingerprints,

berkleemuir
Posts in topic: 15

Post by berkleemuir »

berkleemuir wrote:Sigh, here is my timeline:
Dec. 12: CHL class
Dec. 16: Fingerprints, supporting documents sent.
Dec. 18: Email confirmation for supporting documents.

No confirmation email as of now. Sigh, I have a feeling is going to be a looooooong 60 days... :???:
Update: 12/18/15 - 2348 - Just received the email that they received my supporting documents. We'll see how this goes. Fingers crossed! :yawn

twjones
Posts in topic: 17

Post by twjones »

I've pretty much given up hope I'll receive it before Christmas. I guess the next hope is before the New Year.

45703030shooter
Posts in topic: 5

Post by 45703030shooter »

: "Waiting Room"
Post by TheRustyShackleford » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:01 pm

45703030shooter wrote:
For all
App nov 9
Class nov 12
Fingerprint nov 12
Email all docs nov 15
Emailconfirmation on 16th
Called and was told approved Dec 17

Please post if your options change on the DPS website, I pretty much have the same exact timeline as you, I also had my e-mail confirmation on November 16th.

Got my plastic today

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

:anamatedbanana :fire :anamatedbanana :fire
WHOOOOHHOOOO!!!

Get r dun or does it go like this??
Get her dun?!?! Get R Dun!!??

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

GlassG19 wrote::anamatedbanana :fire :anamatedbanana :fire
WHOOOOHHOOOO!!!

Get r dun or does it go like this??
Get her dun?!?! Get R Dun!!??
Congrats my gun friend!! I'm happy for you!!

Ncarrow
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Ncarrow »

KC80 wrote:
Ncarrow wrote:Is there a link to go to on checking progress of your application?
My application was complete 12/13
CHL-100 was mailed 12/14
Finger prints scheduled for 12/22
There is no link that shows actual step by step progress. If you have no prior arrest, and all supporting documents are in then as soon as your finger prints are done they will start processing and you will have plastic in about 30 days.
Thanks for info. I do fingerprints on Tuesday that's my final step.

TheRustyShackleford
Posts in topic: 16

Post by TheRustyShackleford »

45703030shooter wrote:Got my plastic today
What part of Texas do you live in?
shi-shi-sha...

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

There's not been much activity here lately so I got to thinking; I'm picturing everybody (myself fore sure) who's here in
"the waiting room" sitting on side of a chair DOING absolutely nothing staring up at ceiling & then the floor with phone in hand just "WAITING" for their text or mailman to let them know their plastic is here. LOL picture it & you'll laugh, if not, at least make you smile.
My current timeline is :grumble I got another 27-60 days left! :grumble

KC80
Posts in topic: 80

Post by KC80 »

GlassG19 wrote:There's not been much activity here lately so I got to thinking; I'm picturing everybody (myself fore sure) who's here in
"the waiting room" sitting on side of a chair DOING absolutely nothing staring up at ceiling & then the floor with phone in hand just "WAITING" for their text or mailman to let them know their plastic is here. LOL picture it & you'll laugh, if not, at least make you smile.
Today is 38 days for me and as for last week I'm still in the background phase. I have been shooting at the local indoor range once a week, carrying some around the house, I carried in my vehicle on a round trip from Denison to College station yesterday. Had new sights installed on my M&P 9c and ordered a new Alien gear OWB holster today. Oh and we got my wife a new Ruger LC9S pro so been busy with that. I really wanted my LTC before Christmas but not going to happen, so I'll keep waiting and hoping. :totap:
:seeya:

GlassG19

Post by GlassG19 »

KC80 wrote:
GlassG19 wrote:There's not been much activity here lately so I got to thinking; I'm picturing everybody (myself fore sure) who's here in
Today is 38 days for me and as for last week I'm still in the background phase. I have been shooting at the local indoor range once a week, carrying some around the house, I carried in my vehicle on a round trip from Denison to College station yesterday. Had new sights installed on my M&P 9c and ordered a new Alien gear OWB holster today. Oh and we got my wife a new Ruger LC9S pro so been busy with that. I really wanted my LTC before Christmas but not going to happen, so I'll keep waiting and hoping. :totap:
Well Kc80, if you would've red my post up above you would have gotten at least a ;-) :lol: :hurry: and if so you wouldn't be so bummed out.. I'm praying it will come before Christmas for you..
Have a very Merry Christmas my Shootin gun friend!

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”