Breath Taking No Knock Atrocity

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

OlBill
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Breath Taking No Knock Atrocity

Post by OlBill »

nightmare69 wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
I've worn the badge and uniform and bad guys were no less dangerous than they are now. A retired DPS Lt. said it best. "Respect for law enforcement and community relations are rapidly declining because of what cadets are being taught in academies all over the country. Cadets are being taught that they are the pointy end of the spear. They are taught to be not just COPSs, but judge, jury and executioner. That came from a high ranking officer with over 30 years experience. He too longs for the days of community policing.

Chas.
I know retired LEOs who used to carry a .38 wheel gun with only two speed loaders and never wore a vest. The weapons and armor has changed a lot along with the mentality of the citizens towards police. We are a para military organization and use military style tactics. I know most citizens will disagree with that but it's true. Even the NRA's own Dom Roso has a video about the military and police similarities.

In before police departments are not para military or anything close.
No you are not a paramilitary organization. You are a police department. I would highly suggest you do research on what that means and learn to live with it.

If you want to be a soldier, I hear they're hiring. If you want to be police, be police. I've lived in countries that were police states and had to address paramilitary organizations. You have no clue.

The way you talk here is very dangerous thinking.

JP171
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by JP171 »

:iagree:

I AM currently a soldier have been in some manner or form since 1983 and the para-military civilian police is dangerous thinking. Its gonna end up getting a lot of people hurt, specially when the REAL military has to get involved to stop the lunatic police state

mojo84
Posts in topic: 11

Post by mojo84 »

It's a shame when police officers buy into the paramilitary label for law enforcement organizations. It's my experience it's usually the gung ho guys that have lost sight of their real mission and purpose.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

TEX
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TEX »

No Knock Warrants are a sign of laziness, lackadaisical judgment, and sans professionalism. The problem is that judges hand them out like trick or treat candy. This mindset is also why innocent women and children burned to death at Waco when it was TOTALLY unnecessary. I am a very conservative person, but think no knock warrants need to go away - along with asset forfeiture laws (unless preceded by a criminal conviction)
There will be no peace until they love their children more than they hate us - Golda Meir

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Looks like this thread has become a "nightmare" for someone. ;)

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

TEX wrote:No Knock Warrants are a sign of laziness, lackadaisical judgment, and sans professionalism. The problem is that judges hand them out like trick or treat candy. This mindset is also why innocent women and children burned to death at Waco when it was TOTALLY unnecessary. I am a very conservative person, but think no knock warrants need to go away - along with asset forfeiture laws (unless preceded by a criminal conviction)
I agree they are handed out to freely. We also have to recognize the cops and DA's office requests for them to be signed and issue.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 16

Post by nightmare69 »

Redneck_Buddha wrote:Looks like this thread has become a "nightmare" for someone. ;)
It's comical really. I posted this over on a LEO only site and the responses are complete total opposite compared to a public forum. I guess that is the difference from a group who walks the walk vs someone who got their LE experience from watching, The Naked Gun, The Naked Gun 2½, and Naked Gun 33⅓. Don't forget the Lethal Weapon series and End Of Watch(just poking fun boys).

My chief is a retired Air Force Lieutenant and told me when I hired on this profession is para-military. I have been told this by many other fellow officers so I will continue to hold their word higher than someone who is not in LE.

Anyways, we will just have to agree to disagree once again. Cheers.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Paramilitary in structure and ranking system, not in mission, tactics or strategy.

Next you guys will start hollering hoorah every chance you get.

OlBill
Posts in topic: 4

Post by OlBill »

I spent 3 years in the 82nd and 11 in the 7th Special Forces Group. I've been where you think you are. I spent 15 years living in Colombia. The country, not the lib university. Ever hear of the AUC?

I spent 25 years all told living in places and times you read about in history books now. I was in El Salvador when they were killing priests and when they signed the peace treaty. Honduras when MS 13 grandfather's were killing people. Panama when Noriega's Dignity Battalions were beating up political candidates in the streets.

Despite what you may have been led to believe by your former Air Force Lieutenant, there is nothing "paramilitary" about you.

You obviously haven't learned yet what garners respect. It isn't multicam and flash bangs. It's quiet professionalism.

Your reference to the response from the "only" forum is a logical fallacy. It's called Argumentum ad populum. I'll let William Penn respond: "Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it."

You are a follower. You're on the wrong path. I wish you the best of luck, I really do. I will not live in your town, nor will I allow my son to attend the university there and it has nothing to do with the crime rate. He deserves better.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 3

Post by carlson1 »

You guys need to chalk of this "paramilitary" and raid teams up to what real police called rookieitis.

I remember my first 6 months out of the Academy when I was working deep nights after I finally got turned loose by myself sitting in front of stores with the light bar on so I could see the lights. :rolll

Everyone goes through their stages.

I guess what is so alarming here is how dangerous this is for the police and citizens alike. This is what breeds a police to shoot a guy holding a 3" knife who is walking away twice and then fourteen more times while he is on the ground.

If someone does grow up and grow up quick he will be looking for another job soon.

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

OlBill wrote:I spent 3 years in the 82nd and 11 in the 7th Special Forces Group. I've been where you think you are. I spent 15 years living in Colombia. The country, not the lib university. Ever hear of the AUC?

I spent 25 years all told living in places and times you read about in history books now. I was in El Salvador when they were killing priests and when they signed the peace treaty. Honduras when MS 13 grandfather's were killing people. Panama when Noriega's Dignity Battalions were beating up political candidates in the streets.

Despite what you may have been led to believe by your former Air Force Lieutenant, there is nothing "paramilitary" about you.

You obviously haven't learned yet what garners respect. It isn't multicam and flash bangs. It's quiet professionalism.

Your reference to the response from the "only" forum is a logical fallacy. It's called Argumentum ad populum. I'll let William Penn respond: "Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it."

You are a follower. You're on the wrong path. I wish you the best of luck, I really do. I will not live in your town, nor will I allow my son to attend the university there and it has nothing to do with the crime rate. He deserves better.
3 years 1/36 heavy, 1 year 2/322 FA 2 years 2/5th group support light under SGM Johnston. the brand new LEO is a poser and never will be a quiet professional. he cannot fathom what is reality and what is fantasy. Those people are teaching him bad things and he absolutely refuses to see it. I went to Columbia, Panama, Djibouti (all 5th) and several other places including Iraq in one year then 6 month rotations, and he can say he's paramilitary, ppfffttt....not even close

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

OK folks, this is staring to smell of personal attacks. Stop now.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

yes sir

thatguyoverthere
Posts in topic: 1

Post by thatguyoverthere »

nightmare69 wrote:
I posted this over on a LEO only site and the responses are complete total opposite compared to a public forum.

My chief is a retired Air Force Lieutenant and told me when I hired on this profession is para-military. I have been told this by many other fellow officers ...
And those apparently widely held LEO beliefs, if accurate, are both sad and frightening to me.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

nightmare69 wrote:
My chief is a retired Air Force Lieutenant and told me when I hired on this profession is para-military. I have been told this by many other fellow officers so I will continue to hold their word higher than someone who is not in LE.

Anyways, we will just have to agree to disagree once again. Cheers.
If he had enough years to retire but was only a Lieutenant, then I would question why he never made rank in the Air Force??
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”