"Waiting Room"

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

TOMG3
Posts in topic: 1

Re: "Waiting Room" REALLY TEXAS

Post by TOMG3 »

SUBMITTED APPLICATION SEP 6
FINGERPRITS SEP 11
CHL CLASS SEP 12
EMAILED DOCUMENTS SEP 14
CONFORMATION EMAIL SEP 14
SNAIL MAILED DOCUMENTS SEP 14........

WAITED AND NOTHING.CALLED TODAY TO CHECK...GLAD I DID..... THE SAID THE DID NOT RECEIVE FINGERPRINTS SO I HAD TO RESEND TCN NUMBER

SHE SAID CALL BACK IN A WEEK....IM KINDA UPSET.LOL

jaystekan

Re: "Waiting Room"

Post by jaystekan »

chanceboatright wrote:submitted all documents as of 9/8/15
no status change just this when I log in to the web site to check status

"Choose Service

LICENSE APPLICATION STATUS: If you have a pending License to Carry a Handgun application, please allow sufficient time for processing. If you have not already done so, please submit all of the items listed on the checklist you received. DPS will notify you by mail if further information or additional documents are required.

Start Application
Select the application you would like to complete at this time

Apply for Instructor Certification (to teach LTC courses)"

anyone else get this as their "application status"??
Mine is the same way. I am pretty sure this is the default screen prior to anything else being updated.

roboto65

Post by roboto65 »

Submitted paperwork via online uploaded all copies on Sep 23rd nothing showing on the website when I check. Will call next week and check.

primetimejr
Posts in topic: 3

Post by primetimejr »

Sept 21: Submitted application.
Sept 21: Submitted all my support docs.
Sept 21: Received two confirmation e-mails for application and documents.
Sept 25: Had fingerprints done and sent in.
Oct 2: Called in to confirm they received everything and nothing was missing. The agent said I just need to wait for processing.

Will follow up when I get the plastic in the mail. Hoping to get it by the end of Oct.

Suarez011

Post by Suarez011 »

I submitted all my documents Sept 14th, Called last week and was told just need more processing time. So I will update you guys with a status as soon as i get my update. When i login to check it just says the standard Line " apply for instructor"

UPDATE:
I just called earlier and it was approved and sent to print today! It got delayed cause I self reported something and it had to go to quality control.

My Timeline:

9/14 submitted documents, and received
10/19 sent to print
Last edited by Suarez011 on Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

texasO

Post by texasO »

"CHL Course: 8/30/15
Fingerprints: 9/3/15
Submitted All Docs and received confirmation email: 9/8/15
Website Changed: 10/6/15

Hopefully the plastic arrives in the next few days!!"

UPDATE- Plastic arrived today (10-7-15)!!! A month from when I received my confirmation email!
Last edited by texasO on Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

allisji
Posts in topic: 6

Post by allisji »

I took CHL Class, submitted Application on received confirmation, and scheduled fingerprints on 9/23.
Submitted CHL 100 online on 9/29.
Received confirmation email that the CHL 100 was received on 10/1.
Gave fingerprints on 10/3.
Sent an email asking for confirmation that the fingerprints were received on 10/5.
Waiting for reply.

So it sounds like I'm on the clock now for 5 to 6 weeks and can expect no updates or status changes.

Jonathan
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

GeorgetownDad

Post by GeorgetownDad »

texasO wrote:"CHL Course: 8/30/15
Fingerprints: 9/3/15
Submitted All Docs and received confirmation email: 9/8/15
Website Changed: 10/6/15

Hopefully the plastic arrives in the next few days!!"

UPDATE- Plastic arrived today (10-7-15)!!! A month from when I received my confirmation email!
Glad yours was so quick. I received confirmation on the 3rd of September and haven't seen our heard a thing yet.

The wait is driving me nuts. At least the website could give us some sort of update.

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

I finally got around to joining the forum. I've been visiting the site for some time, mostly just reading everyone else's comments. But I figured I'd add my stats to the page... I've patiently waited about 3 weeks now, but now its starting to get to me... I probably shouldn't have waited so long to get my CHL, been meaning to for years.

8-30-15 CHL application
8-30-15 CHL class
9-14-15 fingerprints, submitted documents online
9-16-15 received confirmation email

Called today to make sure everything was received, and it was. They are waiting on something to finish processing and the background check. I was really hoping to have it by next week - going on a backpacking trip with the wife and would have liked to have been able to have some protection while out in the wilderness.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

KaiJawn

Post by KaiJawn »

Just got here. Thought I'd add my timeline

Took CHL class on, August 29, 2015
Completed App on, Sept 2, 2015
Mailed CHL 100 on, Sept 8, 2015
Finger prints done on, Sept 17, 2015
Called DPS said my application was approved and card is being printed on, October 1st, 2015
Website Changed October 7, 2015
Plastic received October 8, 2015

Pariah3j

Post by Pariah3j »

KaiJawn wrote:Just got here. Thought I'd add my timeline

Took CHL class on, August 29, 2015
Completed App on, Sept 2, 2015
Mailed CHL 100 on, Sept 8, 2015
Finger prints done on, Sept 17, 2015
Called DPS said my application was approved and card is being printed on, October 1st, 2015
Website Changed October 7, 2015
Plastic received October 8, 2015
Gotta admit, I'm more then a little jealous :mrgreen: but glad to hear you got your card :thumbs2: :txflag:
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny" - Thomas Jefferson

primetimejr

Post by primetimejr »

primetimejr wrote:Sept 21: Submitted application.
Oct 2: Called in to confirm they received everything and nothing was missing. The agent said I just need to wait for processing.

Will follow up when I get the plastic in the mail. Hoping to get it by the end of Oct.
I called today and they told me it was still being processed. The lady indicated it would take another 4 weeks before going to a background check.

Not sure what is taking so long to "process." At this rate open carry will be in place before I get it. :(

allisji

Post by allisji »

Prime, I've got nearly the same timeline as you it looks like. Submitted fingerprints on 10/3 which was my last item. I called this week and they said that they had everything but gave no indication that they were actually starting any background check or doing anything with it. It's pretty common for them to continue stating that it will take the full 60 days and it almost never seems to based on other posters here. So I'm quite hopeful that we'll both be complete by month end or 1st week of November.

primetimejr wrote:

I called today and they told me it was still being processed. The lady indicated it would take another 4 weeks before going to a background check.

Not sure what is taking so long to "process." At this rate open carry will be in place before I get it. :(
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

primetimejr

Post by primetimejr »

primetimejr wrote:

My LTC showed up in the mail today. I just finished my first Wally Walk and it felt fantastic!

allisji

Post by allisji »

Great! Maybe I'll get mine next week... :cheers2:
LTC since 2015

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”