Costco Gun Policy

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Glockster
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Costco Gun Policy

Post by Glockster »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Glockster wrote:I believe that it is a corporate one based on the memo posted at:
http://www.2acheck.com/boycott-costco/
Yes, I realize that have that little poison pill in their membership agreement. I've never seen it, and I avoid going to look for it, so I have not received notice yet. But I'm saying there is no corporate policy to post 30.06 signs, or they'd be up at all their stores, and they just aren't.
I'm just saying that there is a difference between what is stated to be a corporate policy and having individual store managers who are perhaps making decisions to not post. But clearly the memo posted indicates what the policy is. It also though says not to post the memo. What we don't have is a memo that says that they require or don't require posting, or absent that is it just a policy that store managers are supposed to follow.

As I'm not a Costco member I don't know, but when you renew membership do they have a step where you accept their membership terms? That would be when someone is provided notice, in additional to the initial membership application when someone would have signed saying that they accepted Costco's terms.
NRA Life Member
My State Rep Hubert won't tell me his position on HB560. How about yours?

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

WinoVeritas wrote:I'm liberal and I always CC in Costco. I no more care where they send their money than I do where Hobby Lobby sends theirs. My wallet does my purchasing and I have no intentions of cutting off my nose to spite my face. I wouldn't have many places to shop in Texas if I allowed politics to rule my purchases.
Every person has to make that decision for themselves. For me personally, I refuse to do business with companies who would deny me my rights, and I refuse to patronize people who would do so. Therefore I do not watch certain movies, because the actors in them are openly hostile to my beliefs. For example, I will not watch anything that Alec Baldwin is a part of.

My life, my choice.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 3

Post by sjfcontrol »

baldeagle wrote:
WinoVeritas wrote:I'm liberal and I always CC in Costco. I no more care where they send their money than I do where Hobby Lobby sends theirs. My wallet does my purchasing and I have no intentions of cutting off my nose to spite my face. I wouldn't have many places to shop in Texas if I allowed politics to rule my purchases.
Every person has to make that decision for themselves. For me personally, I refuse to do business with companies who would deny me my rights, and I refuse to patronize people who would do so. Therefore I do not watch certain movies, because the actors in them are openly hostile to my beliefs. For example, I will not watch anything that Alec Baldwin is a part of.

My life, my choice.
You're not missing much.
His screaming at this teenage (?) daughter calling her a pig should be enough all by itself to make everybody turn away from him. Lowlife.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 6

Post by The Annoyed Man »

baldeagle wrote:

My life, my choice.
My own position falls somewhere between these two. There ARE places I do boycott.....the Grapevine Mills Mall for instance, which is posted 30.06. OTH, I agree with WinoVeritas that I can't cut off my nose to spite my face. I honestly have NO idea how most of the owners/managers/employees feel about my RKBA in most of the businesses I enter, and part of being a discreet CHL is not making a big deal of asking how they feel about guns when I enter the store. If I don't see a sign that has any legal effect on me ("gun-buster" signs don't count), then I enter. If they are posted with a 30.06 compliant sign, then I do not enter. Simple. As for entertainment, well, it kind of depends on the subject of the movie. Matt Damon is no friend to American gun owners, but I WILL be going to see "The Martian" because it is (according to gun owning pro-carry friends of mine who've seen it) an excellent movie on a topic that interests me. I have friends at my church - which is overall a pretty conservative church where most members are 2nd Amendment supporters - who are not very pro-2nd Amendment. What am I going to do? Never speak to them again? My Jesus is bigger than that. They are wrong on that issue, but I still love them. My own mother hates guns and thinks they should be gotten rid of the way Great Britain did. I still love her. If I made an issue everywhere I went out of guns and my right to carry them, I would pretty soon run out of places to do business with. So I only deal with it in those instances where a given business has directly affected me.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

lforde

Post by lforde »

Ok so after being really sad and upset I got up and began to make myself a pie. I used the best organic ingredients and made the perfect crust. Filled it with home grown filling, set the oven to 375 and placed it to bake for 45 mins. When it was done I pulled it out and served myself the biggest and best piece of HUMBLE PIE I've ever had. I went back to Costco and re-read the signage called my [Pre-paid legal service] Attorney and realized that, wait for it, wait for it.... I was wrong and can legally CHL carry in COSTCO.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Pawpaw »

lforde wrote:Ok so after being really sad and upset I got up and began to make myself a pie. I used the best organic ingredients and made the perfect crust. Filled it with home grown filling, set the oven to 375 and placed it to bake for 45 mins. When it was done I pulled it out and served myself the biggest and best piece of HUMBLE PIE I've ever had. I went back to Costco and re-read the signage called my [Pre-paid legal service] Attorney and realized that, wait for it, wait for it.... I was wrong and can legally CHL carry in COSTCO.
Let me guess... What you saw was the blue "Unlicensed Posession" sign. ;-)

Oh and welcome to the forum! :tiphat:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”