Need a little AR help! DFW

"A pistol is what you use to fight your way back to the rifle you never should have left behind!" Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
killerquad
Posts in topic: 3

Need a little AR help! DFW

Post by killerquad »

Anyone near Frisco that can help me torque a barrel nut on an AR? I don't have a vice so I cannot get enough torque. If you have the tools and are familiar with doing these and you wouldn't mind helping a fellow CHL holder please let me know! Thanks.
"The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

ScubaSigGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Need a little AR help! DFW

Post by ScubaSigGuy »

I have a vice, and a receiver block, but I have never done that before. Let me know if you need me to be your last resort. I'm sure that we could figure it out.
Last edited by ScubaSigGuy on Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S.S.G.

"A champion doesn’t become a champion in the ring. He is merely recognized in the ring.The ‘becoming’ happens during his daily routine." Joe Louis

NRA MEMBER

Topic author
killerquad

Post by killerquad »

Thank you sir! I have the receiver block as well but I need to order a new barrel wrench. I have one of the multi-tools for it but honestly they suck. I will let you know as soon as I get the new one. I have the torque wrench as well so it "should" only take 3-5 minutes on a solid vise. Are you still in the same part of town?
"The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary; men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

dcphoto
Posts in topic: 1

Post by dcphoto »

I have everything you need, but I'm not near Frisco. If you're further south any time let me know and I'll get you taken care of. Takes 15 minutes to get it done.

Topic author
killerquad

Post by killerquad »

Thank you gentlemen. I actually called up my local gun shop and they took care of it for me! :woohoo

Return to “Rifles & Shotguns”